Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS SHOP CAR: we have been quiet......but busy

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2006 | 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
56psi + Methanol + 150 shot + 2600lbs = 7.90's for Shep.
Old May 23, 2006 | 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jasil
56psi + Methanol + 150 shot + 2600lbs = 7.90's for Shep.
+ dog box transmission + shep himself! dont forget the other 100 +'s that make shep and his car do what they do hahahaha.

this car looks sick!!! the long header takes away spool but helps power. as if anyone is worried about spool with a gt42? lol

when you get those dumb people around the shop car tell them its NA, say "look theres the header!! we run 8's all motor!". hahahah

looks good ams!
Old May 24, 2006 | 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Basically that is the conclusion I have reached with my own car

The concept for me is to further my own passion for evos and experience and insight into evo motor tuning not to contort my car into some arbitrary rules of a sanctioning body

There are enough races between Buschur and your race where we can have grass roots fun without idiotic rules

IMHO nopi is going in the wrong direction with V8 musle cars - fairly gay for import racing if you ask me to have mustangs in there

I say go for 8's on your own terms and skip NOPI - just my two cents

Al I wrote up a giant paragraph in response to this, but I took to long so I got signed off. In short your comment about changing a car for rules & V8 muscle cars is immature and bias. NOPI has a chance to be the biggest sanctioning next to NHRA/IHRA, me personally coming from the NMRA or National MUSTANGS racers association and domestic racing, I guess you wouldn't know how much harder it is getting sponsors, full rides, etc. than the import counterparts, But in short I think the way you feel about nopi is how I feel about the nmra and basically brings to mind is the grass really greener on the other side ? What I saw this weekend I can yes as of now especially when watching the BFGoodrich Pro Street Tire class when in the finals it was Krystos Efantis Toyota Supra .107 8.196 170.30 Winner over
Mauro Vitale Ford Mustang .081 8.271 171.66 but for me that's what I like to see everyone together in organized racing.

Last edited by Torre from Va.; May 24, 2006 at 07:39 AM.
Old May 24, 2006 | 08:47 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Torre from Va.
Al I wrote up a giant paragraph in response to this, but I took to long so I got signed off. In short your comment about changing a car for rules & V8 muscle cars is immature and bias. NOPI has a chance to be the biggest sanctioning next to NHRA/IHRA, me personally coming from the NMRA or National MUSTANGS racers association and domestic racing, I guess you wouldn't know how much harder it is getting sponsors, full rides, etc. than the import counterparts, But in short I think the way you feel about nopi is how I feel about the nmra and basically brings to mind is the grass really greener on the other side ? What I saw this weekend I can yes as of now especially when watching the BFGoodrich Pro Street Tire class when in the finals it was Krystos Efantis Toyota Supra .107 8.196 170.30 Winner over
Mauro Vitale Ford Mustang .081 8.271 171.66 but for me that's what I like to see everyone together in organized racing.
I am against the V8 involvement in import drag racing

Basically its not import drag racing anymore

If you ever atteneded a NOPI super show in Atlanta - (I did thanks to my sponsor) you will note that 90% of the attendees are interested in NEON lights, garish plastic body kits for slow cars, chrome rims and other appearance items

It seems that NOPI is smart enough to market itself in the direction of the largest $$$ revenue by adding V8 power to its import racing series

However, at the end of the day there is not much you can do to counter the reality that the hay day or organized import racing on a large level has already been and passed and that the youth of today is less interested in actual performance modifications and more interested in electronics and apperance items.

Speaking as a guy who won almost every event I participated in last year, I am really demoralized with the direction this industry is headed, and I am no longer interested in sanctioned racing of any kind.

All I am interested in seeing is who is the fastest evo in various states of tune, etc.

Whether ist done at a NOPI race, IDRC or NHRA or just some test and tune day is really irrelevant to me.
Old May 24, 2006 | 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I am against the V8 involvement in import drag racing

Basically its not import drag racing anymore

If you ever atteneded a NOPI super show in Atlanta - (I did thanks to my sponsor) you will note that 90% of the attendees are interested in NEON lights, garish plastic body kits for slow cars, chrome rims and other appearance items

It seems that NOPI is smart enough to market itself in the direction of the largest $$$ revenue by adding V8 power to its import racing series

However, at the end of the day there is not much you can do to counter the reality that the hay day or organized import racing on a large level has already been and passed and that the youth of today is less interested in actual performance modifications and more interested in electronics and apperance items.

Speaking as a guy who won almost every event I participated in last year, I am really demoralized with the direction this industry is headed, and I am no longer interested in sanctioned racing of any kind.

All I am interested in seeing is who is the fastest evo in various states of tune, etc.

Whether ist done at a NOPI race, IDRC or NHRA or just some test and tune day is really irrelevant to me.

OK, now I see where your coming from sort of especially about bling & neon , but for us on the other side (well them since I'm not racing any longer) NOPI has opened their doors for us and giving us more oppurtunity to race with good payouts, where as nmra is pushing us away forcing to look else where

Last edited by Torre from Va.; May 24, 2006 at 09:43 AM.
Old May 24, 2006 | 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

V8 means bigger market; period. However, I see your point, and I agree, most of NOPI is about bling, and less about performance. I love it when folks talk about coil overs based on how low they can drop, and not about the performance they provide.
Old May 24, 2006 | 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stop&TurnFreak
V8 means bigger market; period. However, I see your point, and I agree, most of NOPI is about bling, and less about performance. I love it when folks talk about coil overs based on how low they can drop, and not about the performance they provide.
^ amen !
Old May 24, 2006 | 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Couldn't aggree more.

What happens is the youth now slap all kinds of stupid stickers, lights, and the loudest most annoying exhaust known to man on their car.

This is also trickling down and creates an aggravation around town and now every import car is a ricer and 'profiled' as you could call it by cops and people that hate the whole concept. Now you've got haters and people that talk smack and vandalize your vehicle.
Old May 24, 2006 | 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

isn't this thread about AMS's new drag setup???
Old May 24, 2006 | 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

I need to rob a bank (j/k)
Old May 24, 2006 | 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mac_05evo
isn't this thread about AMS's new drag setup???
it was up till page 7, then it became NOPI Ethics 101
Old May 24, 2006 | 12:29 PM

this is something really special....wait I need a moment.
Old May 24, 2006 | 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

AMS Drag car,

Buschur claims to have just run a 9.6 at norwalk- and got a 9.7 on video. How do you feel about this?

(this question is for the car ONLY) hehe
Old May 24, 2006 | 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

(car replies back) BRING IT ON
Old May 24, 2006 | 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

actually the car meant to say "i thought you had a challenge for me "

Quick Reply: AMS SHOP CAR: we have been quiet......but busy