Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Ams Evo at midnight madness/nopi st.louis

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sure that the clutch situation will be a hot topic of discussion on Monday.... Exeddy sponsors both the AMS Evos and I am sure that they will be just as concerned with the situation as AMS is and will work to resolve the issue.... On a side note, there is a Tilton at the shop for one of the customer cars that will probably be looked at pretty hard tomorrow
Old Jun 4, 2006, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damm,that suck!!
Old Jun 4, 2006, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

I know Dan Bajas was there as well, but not running his 9 second evo- but instead running his evo RS. I noticed he only had one pass as well. What happened?
Old Jun 4, 2006, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

I was able to see a couple passes of Ivan's 240 @ Rt. 66 (AMS car with 42R) and was blown away by the sound that thing made at full boost!
Old Jun 4, 2006, 12:00 PM
Former Sponsor

HAHAHA... thanks... She is running very well right now... I ended up winning the whole event and took home a nice 3 foot trophy and a check for 200 bux...
Old Jun 4, 2006, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

I was out at Gateway in April and did nothing but spin... Fustrated me and I left that night.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turboDan
I know how Sweet that the Exedy triple carbon is but you will never again have the problem stated above^^^^^^^^^^ with the Tilton Carbon/Carbon.I know there is trade off's but how many times before you finally decide to change.I know the same thing happened to Dan's car last year,or is that whose car you are refering to Above?
Same reason Curt Brown got rid of his it is definately a issue.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

This same problem took Vishnu out the the Open Track Challenge a couple of years ago. Shiv called it a "snap ring failure."
Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:46 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by turboDan
I know how Sweet that the Exedy triple carbon is but you will never again have the problem stated above^^^^^^^^^^ with the Tilton Carbon/Carbon.I know there is trade off's but how many times before you finally decide to change.I know the same thing happened to Dan's car last year,or is that whose car you are refering to Above?
I have been running the Exedy triple Carbon for a long time now and the clip never popped off with me - I never had a problem and exedy clucth is the best you can get IMHO
Old Jun 4, 2006, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I have been running the Exedy triple Carbon for a long time now and the clip never popped off with me - I never had a problem and exedy clucth is the best you can get IMHO

Happened to me, thats why I started that Shep transmission thread about sending it too him. That part popped off my twin clutch. Whole lot less horsepower... And thats the thing it is just how hard you come off the clutch not the horsepower that does these.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 08:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Keep in mind the clip problem isn't an issue with Exedy, its a problem with the factory pull style setup. It tends not to happen until people start shifting hard at very high rpms.

The car was unbelievable Friday night. I stopped after the 3rd attempt in fear of putting the car into the wall. It hooked alot better in the first round on Sat. but the clutch clip issue ended my run probably halfway between the 330' and 1/8th mile markers. It still ran a 6.70 at 88 mph in the 1/8th so that would have been well on its way to a good mid-low 9 sec pass. I would have been VERY happy with that number on its first full pass under power. I had the boost down as low as it would go to get the car to hook up too.

We'll get the clutch clip fixed this week and run the car locally so I can finish up my license passes and get the car shook down. Hopefully everything will be ready to kick **** at Norwalk in a few weeks.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Good luck!
Old Jun 4, 2006, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

i was there all today there was one silver evo 8 running consistent 12.6's and two evo 3 or 4's both white, the fast one with a 42r ran a 9.6 at 151 and a 9.7 at 149. The other evo ran in the mid 10's. But im glad i saw one evo break into the 9's today. Made it worth my $25. Wish it had ams on the side though.

Last edited by Crzbiasmr; Jun 4, 2006 at 08:28 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

I wish that I would have been able to see those Evo's run. I ended up leaving after Brent Rau's accident on Saturday. I was planning to stay overnight, but I was not impressed with the drag racing. I would have loved to see more pro cars there.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

no accidents today, it sprinkled a little bit in the morning and then cleared up and got real sunny in the afternoon now my face is all sunburned. Most of the cars hooked up quite well i was actually suprised.

Quick Reply: Ams Evo at midnight madness/nopi st.louis