Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Out to break the record....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2006, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by housedj
looks good but i think there is room for improvement on the list:

1) i would go with the HKS Kansai intake manifold with the nissan Q45 90mm TB option. tied with JUN for flowing the most air on an evo (but 1/2 the price)& works exceptionally well with the Cosworth head.

2) ditch the AEM & roll with MoTeC-enuff said

3) yank those 272 cams & get the Piper Drag Race 290's (u will need their valve springs also as they have 12mm of lift)

i wish u guys the best of luck. AMS is slowly becoming the U.S. equivalent of Norris Designs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.)AMS use this manifold on thier 9.1 EVO,Time Attack car and Chirs 903whp EVO.

2.)AMS use AEM on thier 9.1 EVO,Time Attack car and Chirs 903whp EVO.

3.)AMS also use JUN 272 on thier 9.1 EVO,Time Attack car and Chirs 903whp EVO.

Those part are proven to work well,what wrong with them???Also,please stop suggesting overkill part that .
Old Jul 15, 2006, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know, I think the car looks absolutely amazing exterior included. It's not ricey in my opinion as long as it can back up the way it looks. Not everybody wants a 900whp+ monster that looks stockish.

Can't wait to see the numbers, should be awesome.

Sharkbite, there still is a lot left in your IX, I am sure the guys at Pruvens also have the potential to turn your IX into a record breaker if that is what you wanted. I would love to see the full potential of the IX.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

1) i would go with the HKS Kansai intake manifold with the nissan Q45 90mm TB option. tied with JUN for flowing the most air on an evo (but 1/2 the price)& works exceptionally well with the Cosworth head.

3) yank those 272 cams & get the Piper Drag Race 290's (u will need their valve springs also as they have 12mm of lift)

i wish u guys the best of luck. AMS is slowly becoming the U.S. equivalent of Norris Designs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cant agree more on these mods
Old Jul 15, 2006, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ang Wen Yan
1.)AMS use this manifold on thier 9.1 EVO,Time Attack car and Chirs 903whp EVO.

2.)AMS use AEM on thier 9.1 EVO,Time Attack car and Chirs 903whp EVO.

3.)AMS also use JUN 272 on thier 9.1 EVO,Time Attack car and Chirs 903whp EVO.

Those part are proven to work well,what wrong with them???Also,please stop suggesting overkill part that .

well said, i think the parts that AMS chose for this setup will easily get the job done!!!
Old Jul 15, 2006, 09:02 AM
AMS
Former Sponsor

I'm all for trying new parts, but.....
If an engine management system has accurate control of spark timing and fuel injection, how would a Motec make more power? I've tuned Motec's before and I like both the AEM and the Motec. I don't see the $2500 advantage the Motec has over the AEM.
1. Does anyone have an HKS intake manifold they would like to lend me? I'd love to do a back to back comparison with our manifold.
2. I haven't tried Piper cams but I have tuned a car with a set of solid lifter aggresive pipers and I wasn't too impressed with the cams. Low end torque was way down and I'm not sure the high end power was that much better but then again we didn't have a good comparison back then. Has anyone done a back to back comparison of cams on a high HP evo yet? I've tried a few and I like the JUN 272's so far, even though one other cam made slightly more peak power, but suffered everywhere else.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 09:07 AM
AMS
Former Sponsor

We'll be spinning the motor to roughly 8500rpm. As Ted said, the piston speeds are very high but we have yet to see a failure. Dan Bajalis spun his 2.3 motor to over 8500rpm for almost two seasons of drag racing, highway pulls ect. with no issues. Our 2.3L Time Attack motor sees 7900rpm all the time on the road course with occasional 8000-8100rpm hits and a 9200rpm miss shift :-) (I have a soft cut rev limiter). It's been running all year including One Lap of America, testing, Time Attacks, ect.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AMS
We'll be spinning the motor to roughly 8500rpm. As Ted said, the piston speeds are very high but we have yet to see a failure. Dan Bajalis spun his 2.3 motor to over 8500rpm for almost two seasons of drag racing, highway pulls ect. with no issues. Our 2.3L Time Attack motor sees 7900rpm all the time on the road course with occasional 8000-8100rpm hits and a 9200rpm miss shift :-) (I have a soft cut rev limiter). It's been running all year including One Lap of America, testing, Time Attacks, ect.
You guys are crazy!!Spin 2.3L to 7900rpm on roadcourse !!!
Old Jul 15, 2006, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 3000ways
I don't know, I think the car looks absolutely amazing exterior included. It's not ricey in my opinion as long as it can back up the way it looks. Not everybody wants a 900whp+ monster that looks stockish.

Can't wait to see the numbers, should be awesome.

Sharkbite, there still is a lot left in your IX, I am sure the guys at Pruvens also have the potential to turn your IX into a record breaker if that is what you wanted. I would love to see the full potential of the IX.

True that but i want a street friendly car not a beast that i have whip all the time.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Dude, I see you pop up in a lot of threads and I don't know what your obsession is with the Motec, the Kansai, and Norris???? I'm not saying any of these things are bad, but it's almost insulting to AMS by even suggesting such things. Do you really think you know more than they do?

AMS currently holds about every record possible with the evo8- I think it's safe to say that they know what they're doing.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by smp3000
Dude, I see you pop up in a lot of threads and I don't know what your obsession is with the Motec, the Kansai, and Norris???? I'm not saying any of these things are bad, but it's almost insulting to AMS by even suggesting such things. Do you really think you know more than they do?

AMS currently holds about every record possible with the evo8- I think it's safe to say that they know what they're doing.
well put!!
Old Jul 15, 2006, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

there is nothing wrong with that, the cars style repersents the owner, just because you dont like it, doent mean the whole world is going to think of a evo like this. It might be easier for people to discribe the car but thats it...
Originally Posted by evolved69
what does that supposed to mean?
Old Jul 15, 2006, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

any power numbers yet
Old Jul 15, 2006, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

um...last time i talked to eric they were tweeking the manifold a little, and then the car should start tunning on monday...
Old Jul 15, 2006, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Is your car gonna be a daily driver ? or a show/Dyno *****
Old Jul 15, 2006, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

holy **** thats awesome!

Quick Reply: Out to break the record....