Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS At Autobahn NASA Time Trial

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2006 | 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Smog, we were running 22psi this weekend, keeping the HP under 500 at the wheels to meet the NASA TTU rules.

Safe? Martin doesn't seem to have any problem giving me 25psi other times (One Lap, and at the Tuner Shootout) So I would guess that's fine, but he would have to expand on that.

It is strange however that i get 475-490whp and complain about it feeling slow..

Scorke,

I have thought about and seriously considered doing some Time Attack stuff through SeatTime, and in fact am trying to put something together down here like that. Racetrack dates, etc are the hard part. I wanted to do a big event with car show/spectators at an x-NASCAR track here in the southeast.. but they wanted something north of $300k for a weekend with spectators..

Jon K
Old Jul 25, 2006 | 01:16 PM

MAN OH MAN!!! It was fun! I was there to support dave in the Performance Autowerks red Evo VIII............he got 2nd place overall right behind the AMS guys... "god damn that car is fast" -dave from p-werks
Old Jul 25, 2006 | 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

I kept meaning to go over and look at you guys car, from seeing it drive around the paddock, it looked clean. The fact that I never saw it on track means you guys were at least decently fast, as it seemed I saw every other car a dozen times. (some in the same lap I think.. how many times did you guys pass the Neon? )

Are you guys entered for nationals yet? I need to talk to Martin about doing it soon, as they said they hope to have enough entries to break the group into fast and slow TT cars.. I don't really want the Miata/Neon contingent out there when we are fighting for a national championship.

Jon K
Old Jul 26, 2006 | 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats Martin And John!!!

I Wish I Could Have Been There.

Wheres The Splitter?!?!?!?!
Old Jul 26, 2006 | 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

I haven't seen the splitter since One Lap... I think they are working on some better mounting hardware, some that makes it easier to come off for the trailer.

Jon
Old Jul 26, 2006 | 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

I noticed you guys aren't running a rear diffuser yet either. Are you running brake cooling ducts?

l8r)
Old Jul 27, 2006 | 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by racerjon1
I kept meaning to go over and look at you guys car, from seeing it drive around the paddock, it looked clean. The fact that I never saw it on track means you guys were at least decently fast, as it seemed I saw every other car a dozen times. (some in the same lap I think.. how many times did you guys pass the Neon? )

Are you guys entered for nationals yet? I need to talk to Martin about doing it soon, as they said they hope to have enough entries to break the group into fast and slow TT cars.. I don't really want the Miata/Neon contingent out there when we are fighting for a national championship.

Jon K
Jon,

Yep we were able to hold our own pretty much out there, with a best of 1:39 despite our poor handling and underpowered car . I tried to line up behind you car but never really got the chance or when I saw it in line you were gone before I could see it on the track. Yeah, I remember passing that neon a bunch of times! I know I did it twice in one session at least once.

We have not entered for the Nationals yet. Not sure if our schedule will allow at this point. We aren't in the points for the championship so it does not really matter to me too much other than more seat time and development. As far as the run groups go, it will be a mess at Mid Ohio. I am sure they will have to divide them up somehow.

Good luck!

Dave Gilbert
Old Jul 27, 2006 | 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

When my father was up there last weekend he said a shop was thinking about selling a brake duct kit for the Evo. He said they were called A&M or AEM, so of course I figured it was AMS. Any idea who he was talking about?
Old Jul 27, 2006 | 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

We are running brake ducts. Pretty much in the prototype stage right now, but working very well on both cars, especially the 400whp car. I think that they will be selling them.

We don't have a diffuser, but are working on it.

Dave, 1:39 isn't bad at all, still way up near the front which explains why I never saw you. I did notice you guys are in one of the pictures of us leaving pit road, but I think that was when I led the pack and I went easy for a lap, then went 100%.. Too bad they kept sending cars out in front of me when I would come down the main straight.

For Nationals, it is a single-event national championship, so points going in shouldn't matter. Just qualify, then go, win, come home a national champion. (sounds simple right?) As far as run groups, I talked to the director this weekend and he said "get registered, we need a few more TT cars to break it up into two groups.. fast and slow TT cars" That should make it a little less painfull.

I hope you guys do get to make it, the more Evos the merrier.

Jon K
Old Jul 27, 2006 | 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by mayhem
When my father was up there last weekend he said a shop was thinking about selling a brake duct kit for the Evo. He said they were called A&M or AEM, so of course I figured it was AMS. Any idea who he was talking about?
a shop? probably AMS... a company...mayne APR?
Old Jul 27, 2006 | 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

I am sure he was talking about AMS, we had a couple people come by asking about brake ducting.

Jon
Old Jul 28, 2006 | 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by racerjon1
I am sure he was talking about AMS, we had a couple people come by asking about brake ducting.

Jon
Well if AMS can pull off a product cheaper than the Forge setup while still providing inlet ducts it would be a winner. In other words, I'd buy.
Old Jul 28, 2006 | 10:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mayhem
Well if AMS can pull off a product cheaper than the Forge setup while still providing inlet ducts it would be a winner. In other words, I'd buy.

We are working on releasing the ducts to the public. We used the shop cars as test cars. Give it a lil time you won't be dissapointed.