Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Feature on the 'infamous black EVO'

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2006, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol good thread. Glad to see Chris posting.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 07:21 PM

All I know is I get a huge smile on my face every time I watch the videos of Chris going up against whatever V8 with whatever power adder. He puts himself on the line and more often than not comes out the victor. To all those who would question the man and his machine I would say; Where are your videos? What 600-700hp car have you taken on lately? Line up next to Chris and see how you do. Then you can talk sh*t.

Good luck to you Chris and thanks!

Mike
Old Nov 8, 2006, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by evomojo
All I know is I get a huge smile on my face every time I watch the videos of Chris going up against whatever V8 with whatever power adder. He puts himself on the line and more often than not comes out the victor. To all those who would question the man and his machine I would say; Where are your videos? What 600-700hp car have you taken on lately? Line up next to Chris and see how you do. Then you can talk sh*t.

Good luck to you Chris and thanks!

Mike
true statement there, very well put
Old Nov 8, 2006, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

well said mike...
Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evolife04
i think one thing is the gear ratio is hard to match other vehicles. i have raced cobra's and other vehicles and if you are in to low of a gear they get a pull on you till you shift then your gone. if the evo had a little taller 2 and 3rd gear would be cool.your car rocks hope to see more of it later.
shep offers a 4.11 final in his tranny's. maybe chris should look into that
Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

dude, chris was pulling HARD on the corbra that one clip. It looked as if the cobra put it in reverse. What you have to remember is that the cobra has basically twice the dismplacement as chris. That means he's not going to have the midrange that the cobra has. Once he gets up there in the rpm's, chris would **** all over him, im convinced. The videos's prove that.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 01:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo8luva
shep offers a 4.11 final in his tranny's. maybe chris should look into that

Yeh I looked into that but both AMS and Shep said although it helps on the top end it hurts your low end. Thats why you don't see to many of the big shop cars using that set up. I guess if you were only going to use the car for highway runs then you might consider the 411'S for a 2.3.

BTW I pretty much have the same 2.3 37r set up ( except for the new AMS twin fuel rail system ) that Dan B had before he went with the 42r and he ran a 9.8 @147 and he said he had a little more left in it due to track condtions in Vegas.

I agree though if I had to do it all over again I would probably go with the 2.0 but for everyday driving the 2.3 is a better DD/track set up. BTW my car put dow 710whp at AMS on C-16 @38 psi. Martin said He did not push it to the limit as it was not a track only car but he saw 730whp on it before turning it down a notch.

Also lag is not an issue on this set up beleive me.

I think the last time Chris and I talked he had just got the car back from AMS and he told me it was a whole lot different to drive the 42r set up from the 35r. One thing I remember him saying is with the 35r he had time to look at his gauges and with the 42r it happend so fast he didn't have time to look!

I think that a lot of people don't really understand how long it takes to learn how to get the most out of a high Hp car. I have heard that so many times when talkng to most every well know driver of high hp cars that all you guys follow on this forum.

BTW Mustangs,Vettes can be very fast when built. I was just on one Vette tuner Shops site and there wasn't just a car or two in the low 10's but many! Also 9's 8's and even a couple of 7's so don't under estimate what a AM car can do. That Mustang was fast period!

Sorry for the long thread just my two cents.

Last edited by WhtEvo05; Nov 9, 2006 at 02:01 AM.