Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Moved my meth nozzle, car now stumbles at WOT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2006, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage
thats exactly what my friend told me, to gap them to .22 and he said he can almost guarantee it will solve the problem...
Definately, at .28 you are most certainly blowing out the spark.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by teknishnIX
Definately, at .28 you are most certainly blowing out the spark.
even with an ignition amplifier (hks dli ii)?
Old Nov 15, 2006, 09:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
with a functioning DLI and a .28 gap on a healthy plug he is not blowing out the spark

1. Your DLI could be acting up. we do not even carry them anymore beacuse of the failure rate they have
2. If you are pushing the meth test button and the car is not changing in idle or in its A/F mitxture then the methanol kit is not working correctly.
3. Try bypassing the DLI with the stock ignition to see if it gets any better. If it does but the car still misses, lower the boost. If that cleans it up you know your DLI is the culprit and that the factory ignition cant take 28Psi

The fact that your meth Test button does not change the A/F readings at all is not a good sign though

Eric
Old Nov 15, 2006, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
with a functioning DLI and a .28 gap on a healthy plug he is not blowing out the spark

1. Your DLI could be acting up. we do not even carry them anymore beacuse of the failure rate they have
2. If you are pushing the meth test button and the car is not changing in idle or in its A/F mitxture then the methanol kit is not working correctly.
3. Try bypassing the DLI with the stock ignition to see if it gets any better. If it does but the car still misses, lower the boost. If that cleans it up you know your DLI is the culprit and that the factory ignition cant take 28Psi

The fact that your meth Test button does not change the A/F readings at all is not a good sign though

Eric
Thanks Eric,

at idle when i push the test button, the car does stumble and gets very rich, so the meth is definitley working

im going to make sure there arent any leaks inside the uicp at the nozzle by taking it out and re-tightening it

if there is a still a problem then i will look into the plugs

i find it strange that this happened the VERY first pull i did after relocating the nozzle

what im hoping is that somehow there is a leak in the nozzle and its letting more meth into the uicp stream than should be "misted" by the nozzle, causing the car to stumble like a **** because too much meth is getting in

first things first, tonight when i get home i will do a pull and see what my afr's are doing when the car starts "stumbling" and will report back later

thanks alot for the help everyone