Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

My Road Racer/DD build at AMS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2006, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking My Road Racer/DD build at AMS

First of all I want to thank the the gang at AMS, everyone that works there works hard, been up there 3 or 4 times and each time I am more and more pleased. Coming from the Viper World and been so mistreated, AMS is a breath of fresh Air in their professionalism and workmanship is EXCELLENT.

My 9 RS will be the First Motec EMS in the states... I have posted some pics at My very good friends site and have the ok to post a link to his site that is not related with Evo's at all.

Being my 2nd Turbo car I be pretty stupid when It comes to questions being answered, hopefully my sig will answer most of them. Being winter here and there I am in no rush(liar I wanted it yesterday,lol)

Went there today to get the seat right for my large azz and the mods they did to get THE BIG seat in was perfect.

Click here please

No interior shots today cause Martin was busy setting up the Motec...

Also the engine bay is not completely done yet, as ignition and such...

Thanks to the Guys at AMS and there will be a surprise for all when the car is completed
Old Dec 4, 2006, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

You need to inform the guys on that forum that Evo's are AWD not FWD, But good pic's cant wait to see it finished. Wht do you have your intercooler pipes safety wired like that are you expecting it to blown apart? Get some t-bolt clamps and throw away those stockers and you should not have that problem
Old Dec 4, 2006, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

I noticed those two things too. Nice car. I like the logo on the AMS fuel rail...
Old Dec 4, 2006, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

We know, it is by no means done,,, just trying to get her running right now but thanks for pointing it out... as for telling the guys its awd, they thought at first it was a regular Lancer... I never heard of an Evo until the beginning of the year... just old and dumb I be...

thanks guys
Old Dec 4, 2006, 08:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Gary, nice to see you again today. I am glad we got the seat situation sorted out today and we are already working on loweing the passenger seat. I am running into an issue on the drivers side with the factory seatbelt. The wide seat is too close the the rear section of the center counsel to mount the receptical for the factory belt. We are trying to figure out an option that doesnt involve removing the rear section of the center counsel. Its a super tight fit on the passenger side. I will try to get pix tomorrow.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 08:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MYEVOVIII
Wht do you have your intercooler pipes safety wired like that are you expecting it to blown apart? Get some t-bolt clamps and throw away those stockers and you should not have that problem
Road racing puts an ENORMOUS strain on EVERYTHING. We have learned so much this past season with our Time Attack car and have found areas of weakness that could easily be addressed. Where you nearly never find a loose bolt or have an intercooler pipe pop off on the street, its can be quite common on a road race car. There is a lot of safety wire on Gary's car and all of the couplers are strapped to help keep them from popping off and still attached to the car in the unlikely event that they pop the coupler.

You would be suprised what a few days of hard racing does to a silicone coupler.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You Big-Baller Gary! LOOKS HOT! Can't wait to see it when it's done!! I call shot-gun.

You better stay on your side of town!
Old Dec 5, 2006, 06:55 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I really like how the safety wire stuff is coming out.. I did that on my other car, but later realized it was difficult to get parts off afterwards, which is why I like how you did it..
Old Dec 5, 2006, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

That looks really good man. I love the clean look of the engine bay with all of the extra space in it now, and all the sensors either removed or relocated.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 08:38 AM
PPI
Former Sponsor

link is dead now
Old Dec 5, 2006, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Not trying to be the negative one of the bunch but Gary you will be the second with Motec. We have a evo9 mr with a 42r turbo kit thats running motec here in ga. the guy is originally from up north. south or north dakota one of them i cant remember. but looks like an awesome build and continue the great work man.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 09:27 AM
Account Disabled

looking good...
Old Dec 5, 2006, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice!

Look forward to dyno videos and race videos.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

A Viper's bestfriend

"directional stability when tractive effort is lost"?? Pretty funny when I'm tailgating at the track

Looks great - Best of luck with everything
Old Dec 5, 2006, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
You Big-Baller Gary! LOOKS HOT! Can't wait to see it when it's done!! I call shot-gun.

You better stay on your side of town!
too late kevo.. i already called shotty... ... love the pictures gary.. got any of the car itslef.. do you plan on keeping it stock outside to make it a "Sleeper" .. loooking good there gary... ttyl..
chase

Quick Reply: My Road Racer/DD build at AMS