Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS 50 Trim kit plus Torco Accelerator

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2007, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I am not familiar with this product, but I have used Klotz Nitro before in my race quad with good results. Kind of like "liquid nitrous" if you want to put it that way. It is basically adding more oxygen to the fuel, allowing you to burn more fuel. There are many oxygenates in use, with ethanol being the most popular. MTBE was very popular for awhile, but due to it's very potent smell and flavor contaminating ground water it has fell out of popularity. They still use it in one of the most awesome fuels available for quads and dirtbikes, VP U4 (also known as Ultimate 4). You can smell someone running that stuff from a half mile away. . .

I am assuming this stuff is similar, an oxygen additive. The Klotz Nitro uses Nitropropane mixed with a cooling and lubricating agent.

Also, VP Import is very highly oxygentated, part of the reason it can make even more power than VP C16 - the only downside is it costs ~ $20 per gallon!!

EVOlutionary
Old Feb 14, 2007, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont htink I would put it in my evo
Old Feb 14, 2007, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
I am not familiar with this product, but I have used Klotz Nitro before in my race quad with good results. Kind of like "liquid nitrous" if you want to put it that way. It is basically adding more oxygen to the fuel, allowing you to burn more fuel. There are many oxygenates in use, with ethanol being the most popular. MTBE was very popular for awhile, but due to it's very potent smell and flavor contaminating ground water it has fell out of popularity. They still use it in one of the most awesome fuels available for quads and dirtbikes, VP U4 (also known as Ultimate 4). You can smell someone running that stuff from a half mile away. . .

I am assuming this stuff is similar, an oxygen additive. The Klotz Nitro uses Nitropropane mixed with a cooling and lubricating agent.

Also, VP Import is very highly oxygentated, part of the reason it can make even more power than VP C16 - the only downside is it costs ~ $20 per gallon!!

EVOlutionary
Klotz doen't just make one product. They have many. The one you tried is not like the torco stuff.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

if this works could be a real positive for us on 91 octain ... please keep us posted.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smp3000
If you don't mind replacing plugs more often and somehow have an unlimited supply of 02 sensor's than go for it! lol It does boost power... But I just don't know still about how it might effect tuning and the AFR calibration/readings since it has been known to damage 02's.

They have unleaded and leaded versions..

Which version was AMS running? I'm assuming the leaded..
Old Feb 14, 2007, 09:22 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Ralph
They have unleaded and leaded versions..

Which version was AMS running? I'm assuming the leaded..
Their site says leaded is discontinued so unless they got some overstock or something I am guessing it was the unleaded.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ultimatesteve
Their site says leaded is discontinued so unless they got some overstock or something I am guessing it was the unleaded.
I am using the unleaded in my car.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
Klotz doen't just make one product. They have many. The one you tried is not like the torco stuff.

i concur... The Klotz product thats similar the the Torco Racing Fuel Concentrate, is the Klotz HitRate...

Just mix 1 gallon of Klotz Hitrate to 9 gallons of 92+ pump gas ((R+M)/2) and you will come up with a 103-105 octane rating leaded racing fuel.

Currently i have the second tank of Klotz HitRate and i easily boost 26-27psi spikes without knock... The car pulls like a tugboat... Definitely much more than 400ft-lbs at the wheels...