Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

So Much For a BaseLine Dyno Run

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2007, 01:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks to everyone backing us up in the thread. I think I am just having a hard time conveying the scheduling conflict we have here.

I Don't think Masanari is trying to start anything he is just trying to understand.

Eric
Old Feb 22, 2007, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by badhabit90
sounds like AMS needs to enact the "right to refuse service to anyone"..

to the original poster-
please refrain from demanding service from AMS and putting out your frustration on the internet. it doesnt need to happen. IF they are busy, they are busy. simple. they also gave you several explainations why they dont have time, and quite frankly-your one of them. INSTEAD of tuning a car and getting a job done, he is posting here giving YOU an explaination of what they do for scheduling. AMS is a great shop and has given us in the EVO community vasts amount of information, awesome tuning, and some FAST AZZ CARS. please respect Eric and the rest of the AMS crew...they can only do so much as they are an elite team.

as a side note: he even offered you THREE FREE DYNO PULLS. i think that is customer service enough...

AMS, keep up the outstanding work.
------In reference to your reply to my post-------

It wasn't a demand, I was asking when I could schedule an appointment based upon services offered on their web site. Get a clue by reading the thread, again another succinct interpretation of another's written word. Read, interpret, and I am wasting my time with someone who did not pay attention in the first place, why would this make a difference.

And sure they can refuse service, it is their right.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
Thanks to everyone backing us up in the thread. I think I am just having a hard time conveying the scheduling conflict we have here.

I Don't think Masanari is trying to start anything he is just trying to understand.

Eric
I understand the scheduling conflict, and now that I know the service is no longer being offered I can plan accordingly. I am trying to understand how the dyno process works at AMS, and my misunderstanding is based upon outdated information as it related to services offered. Now there is no problem, the base line dyno service w/o a tune is no longer offered, though it may be when things are slower.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Masanari
Called in to AMS today and spoke with Santiago. I ask if there is any availability to do

some base line dyno runs this weekend. He says there is not. I asked when it will be

available, let set up an appointment. He says he doesn't know. Ok, Who can I talk to that

will?
He says the sales staff. Eric gets on the phone, I ask him when the dyno will be

available for a base line dyno run. I want to know what my car will put down in the winter

months and in the summer months before I start modding or tuning. He says it is booked

for the next three - four weeks. Some of them have come from out of state and are

sitting in the parking lot. OK, great you guys are doing well, lets set up an appointment

after that for a baseline dyno run, I can wait. We dont have time. Wait, you don't have

time for a customer who wants to use the dyno, a service advertised on your site?
I

can't make an appointment for the future. Only tuning going on, indefinitely?

WTF is this, they don't want to put a car on the dyno because he doesn't want a tune, just a base line.

So, if I wanted to spend more money on a tune, I could get an appointment on the

dyno for a few weeks from now? He said it was not about money. (But I can set an

appointment for a tune 3 - 4 weeks from now, but thats not what I want.)
OBVIOUSLY YOU DONT HAVE THE CLUE...

okay, re read, interpreted and still sounds like a demand...IF THEY ARE BUSY, THEY ARE BUSY. GO TO ANOTHER DYNO IF YOU ARE REALLY WANTING A BASE LINE DYNO LIKE ERIC SUGGESTED AND BE DONE WITH IT.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Cool

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports

Eric
you explained the service is no longer offered, the dyno process( strapping down, fuel, wideband, etc.), and have offered free dyno time for the dyno day. what else you need to do?? your conveyance is right on, he's just hard headed and impatient. you've even directed him to another dyno for his purposes, but yet he still takes up your time...
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

OBVIOUSLY YOU DONT HAVE THE CLUE...

okay, re read, interpreted and still sounds like a demand...IF THEY ARE BUSY, THEY ARE BUSY. GO TO ANOTHER DYNO IF YOU ARE REALLY WANTING A BASE LINE DYNO LIKE ERIC SUGGESTED AND BE DONE WITH IT.

Grabbing a few sentences out of an entire post will give a different impression, but if you read on, speaking of impatient, you would have read this.

YOU MISSED THIS. CLUE:::

"I want to do it on the same dyno so I don't have to calibrate the results for each dyno I
test on."

And this," I don't mind waiting in line" Hence "make an appointment"

LOL
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

sooooo, go to that same dyno then!?!?!?!?! get in line there like he suggested and you can get your results sooner. so you dont have to "recalibrate" your results. dont know why you would do this...???
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

sooooo, go to that same dyno then!?!?!?!?! get in line there like he suggested and you can get your results sooner. so you dont have to "recalibrate" your results. dont know why you would do this...???
I know.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for your responses, and insights. I appreciate it.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 02:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Ok guys I think the point has been made pretty clear now. Lets let this one go. No need to beat a dead horse.

Eric
Old Feb 22, 2007, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

It was hard enough to get my car in this past Monday for a clutch install. I almost had to wait.

AMS is super busy and I can understand why they can't get any cars onto the dyno.

Jonathon, patience is key. In 4-8 weeks you will get a baseline. At least the weather will be better.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Hector, I have no problem waiting, but when I asked to schedule an appointment they said they can not make one for a base line. So I was confused because the web site said they did base line dyno runs. I will be at the Evo - Subie dyno day for my baseline runs.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

hey eric when u guys do flashes, can u do more than one maps or would we just had to pay full price per map?
Old Feb 22, 2007, 04:48 PM
Former Sponsor

you really cant do more then one map on the flash.

Eric
Old Feb 22, 2007, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm based on this thread I am not sure if requesting a base flash after my boost leak test appointment next Monday would be possible...Let alone possibly requesting a DP and HFC install. I may be in line even longer that the thread starter! Oh well. Patience is key all...

Quick Reply: So Much For a BaseLine Dyno Run