Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Thanks AMS! Results of AMS TBE and Base Flash

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2007, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Thanks AMS! Results of AMS TBE and Base Flash

I just want to say thanks to the guys at AMS for doing a great job on my car today and to let people know my thoughts on how well their TBE and base flash worked on my car...

First of all, I had to get the car brought in for a boost leak check as the car was not holding steady boost until about 5th gear and even then I knew it was lagging even after it had gone through an initial flash previously. So I figured since I was going to get everything tightened up, I might as well finish my exhaust build and had them install the downpipe and HFC to go along with the AMS catback I already had. And to go along with that I figured that I would need to get the upgraded fuel pump and then have all of that tuned to the car with their base flash. I know this may have sounded dumb to do, but I opted to let them control the boost with the ECU as opposed to getting a MBC just because I don't know enough about messing with the boost yet. Probably in the near future I will get it.

Anyways, after the repairs and installs were complete (coupler had popped off of my LICP), I took the car out on the slushy roads on I 90 for a test. HOLY CRAP did this thing just grow a second set of *****. The first thing I did was to check that the car held boost through all 5 gears which it did with no issue. As a matter of fact, the base flash elevated the boost on my gauge as previously it would peak at 20 psi, (autometer gauge so I think it is a tad bit high) and now the thing is peaking at 24 psi. The tubro is spooling up much quicker, and the overall drive of the car is much smoother. This thing just wants to keep going and going, but the cops on the road seemed to be everywhere today so I had to watch my heavy foot. Regardless, with the addition of the downpipe and HFC I can say there is significant gains. I will really know how much when I get it dyno'd this weekend. The first dyno I ran gave me 236.15 bhp and 265.96 tq with only my K & N and AMS catback. Keep in mind I believe the car was already leaking at that point which I didn't even think about until after the run. I am really hoping to get near 290 bhp this time around.

Thanks again guys for taking care of everything I had wanted you to accomplish today with good time and with great quality.

Last edited by Spikedlee; Feb 26, 2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good stuff. If you really want a smile on your face... get a gt35r!
Old Feb 26, 2007, 02:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thank you for the nice review. Im glad we could get you all worked out. Enjoy the car and stay safe in this nasty weather.

Eric
Old Feb 26, 2007, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Told ya you would be happy after AMS was done.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

AMS once again FTMFW!!!
Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

AMS does base flashes now?
Old Feb 27, 2007, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kee1pride