Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Mr. Cleverly's AMS 2.3L GT35r Evo 9 Dyno Charts 600+ WHP

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2007, 03:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome! One hell of a car.

If you get the chance ot run her down the strip keep me posted
Old Mar 29, 2007, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

Question for AMS

Chris or Eric,

Could you one of you gentlemen, please overlay the graph with 31 lbs of boost from one with a EVO 8 with similar mods and boost?

If this is not available, can you please provide your thoughts on the MIVEC system? I would like to understand how much it helps with a set-up like this.

How much if any does it improve spool-up and mid-range torque compared to a similar set-up on a Evo 8?

I am assuming these pulls are done in 4th gear, so can you advise at what RPM the car reaches full boost.

Any insight here you can provide would be extremely helpful.

Thanks- Big Boost
Old Mar 29, 2007, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Looking at the posted dyno chart, the pulls were done in 3rd gear.

I really fail to understand why vendors insist on posting dyno charts with MPH vs. HP/Torque, when RPM vs. HP/Torque is easier to read.

l8r)
Old Mar 29, 2007, 12:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The big reason Markus is that on the big HP cars you can lose the RPM signal on the dyno and thusly get large chunks of the graph missing and a really incorrect Torque number.

Gary's Pump gas dyno had no problem with losing the tach signal on the dyno but MS109 and C16 did.

Eric
Old Mar 29, 2007, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

If you don't mind me asking, what is the round-about number of $$$ you have spent on all of this?
Old Mar 29, 2007, 12:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gary C
Chubby will give you a special treat.

OH NOES!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 29, 2007, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

sick!!!
Old Mar 29, 2007, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ~BoOsTeR~
If you don't mind me asking, what is the round-about number of $$$ you have spent on all of this?
I really hate answering these questions because I am not the normal customer. I am sure the same HP could be done in much different way. After calling a couple of other tuners AMS gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling because I have been bent over by the best in the Domestic World.

One more thing about AMS is they have actually saved me money, I came up with many different ideas and they told me this, this and this is really not nesessary... Like the 14k brake system I wanted, so I settled for something half of that...

I wanted Driveability with a 1000 hp which will never happen. This car will be able to Track all day with no worries from Motor to especailly worring about the brakes.

I think both AMS and I have learn something from this build, you future customers will benefit and that's important to me.

Back to the price, not AMS's Hugest Build but it has to be close to their top ten builds. I might be wrong. If you got 30k to spend better save way way way more.

I hope I get a free t-shirt also...
Old Mar 29, 2007, 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Gary put it the best. His HP could of been done cheaper but like I myself would do with his budget...he didnt cut a single corner.

If there was an upgrade available, He took it. The most important thing to admire about Gary's car is that when you break it down his build is really quite simple

AMS 2.3 Long block, AMS 35R Kit, AMS VSR and supporting mods. we have a few bells and whistles done to the car to make it more friendly, handle better, Brake better and stay together under some pretty serious conditions but in the end... its a build we have done here time and time again.

I just got through sending an email to Gary and I stated in that email "If I had more money then time on my hands I would keep it a 2.3 35R car"

Having driven so many and owning one (in talon form) it really is the perfect combination.

Gary likes to say these nice things about us but in the 5 years I have been doing this.... I can honestly say no other customer has made me laugh my *** off like Mr. Cleverley. In a day flooded with 200 plus phone calls and 300 plus emails, you have NO IDEA how refreshing a good laugh can be.

Eric
Old Mar 29, 2007, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
The big reason Markus is that on the big HP cars you can lose the RPM signal on the dyno and thusly get large chunks of the graph missing and a really incorrect Torque number.

Gary's Pump gas dyno had no problem with losing the tach signal on the dyno but MS109 and C16 did.

Eric
Got it. Thanks for the explanation. Guess it's back to wax-on-wax-off for me ... ...I'll leave the technical stuff to the experts.

l8r)
Old Mar 29, 2007, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

good work Chris, looking forward to the 28th even more now...
Old Mar 29, 2007, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

eeeets niceeeee.

im so jealous lol that car is awesome.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

thanks steveo and best of luck to you also, we're play'n

gary
Old Mar 30, 2007, 12:41 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
haha, I got the shirt

Sick looking evo, I want to see some track vids!!

Great work as always guys!
Old Apr 30, 2007, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

soooo 3rd gear pull, 90 MPH is what RPM? could someone inlighten me cuz i know approx speed to rpm but is there a place that can translate exact? or can someone give me a couple SPEED into RPM translations?

thank U.

Quick Reply: Mr. Cleverly's AMS 2.3L GT35r Evo 9 Dyno Charts 600+ WHP