Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS Suspension Stages Release!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMS Suspension Stages Release!

As most of you that have been following us may know we have spent alot of time these past couple of seasons developing our time attack cars. Along side the development of our two time attack cars we have really learned the inn's and out's of the evo chassis and suspension layout. We are taking that knowledge and applying it to some suspension stages that we will be releasing here in the coming months. The first two are available now.

AMS Suspension Package Stage 0 (SP0)

text by Martin Musial

AMS Suspension Stage 0 or SP0

This is a basic starter point in suspension upgrades. This package will utilize your factory Struts and springs and improve handling via an improved alignment and a whiteline bump steer correction kit

Alignment Front Toe: zero to 1/16” toe out Camber: -1.5 to -2.0 Deg negative camber (via offset bolt on strut to spindle mount) Rear Toe: zero to 1/16” toe in Camber: -1.0 deg negative camber

Whiteline rear bump steer kit:

This will help eliminate some of the understeer the EVO exhibits on mid corner and corner EXIT. The rear geometry promotes toe-in under compression and max compression takes place at mid corner and corner EXIT, just where the EVO tend to under steer. The rear bump steer correction kit lets the rear toe geometry stay neutral instead of going to toe-in under compression, letting the rear of the car move a little easier under mid corner & exit throttle conditions. Please be aware that toe out on the front will let the car wander a little on the road.

$62.46

click here to purchase the SP0 Kit

AMS Suspension package Stage 1 (SP1)

The AMS Suspension SP1 is designged to maximize your factory suspension without replacing the Stock springs or struts. This package will require an alignment after installing these components.

SP 1

-Whiteline front Roll Center Adjust kit (Car must be aligned after installation of RCA kit)
-AMS Rear Trailing arm bushings
-Whiteline front control arm bushings W0593
-Whiteline Rear Sway bar 22mm adjustable (Optional 24mm adjustable)
-Optional Whiteline rear heady duty sway bar end links (adjustable to eliminate sway bar pre-load)
-The Car must be aligned after installation of roll center adjust kit
max negative camber (-1.9 to -2.0deg) via front camber bolts
-Optional Noltec front camber plates (From -2.0 to -2.5 deg track/street, or -3 to -3.5deg for track use)

The RCA kit helps the camber curve under compression. The front end loses camber under compression because of the angle of the control arm and the RCA kit also changes the roll center to help handling. The camber plates allow more negative camber which adds to front grip. The rear sway bar increases rate of load transfer on the rear, increases roll resistance, and will allow the rear of the car to move a little more under cornering. The HD adjustable sway bar end links are an option but are recommended to ensure there is no sway bar pre-load. The rear sway bar is adjustable to change the balance of the car to the users preference. The SP 1 package will be great even for beginners who can explore the limits of the car without the dangers of snappy & twitchy handling.

$549.95

$157.28 Extra for whiteline adjustable sway bar endlinks
$369.95 Extra for Noltec Front camber plates

click here to purchase the SP1 Kit

Eric

Last edited by AutoMotoSports; Sep 6, 2007 at 02:17 PM.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Once my car is back up and running Eric, I will definitely be looking into these staged upgrades. My car being an 03 the suspension could use some improvement and "tightening" up, it's starting to age a bit and get sloppy.

Glad you guys are doing this!
Old Sep 6, 2007, 01:24 PM
JTB
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a carefully thought out and well designed set of options.

Will there be a specific option for those of us running springs -- such as the swifts?

Is this a precursor to the full AMS coil-over setup?
Old Sep 6, 2007, 02:12 PM
Former Sponsor

we will be incorporating springs and full coilovers in future stages.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 11:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Is there any alignment services at the new facility? If not, who would you recommend to do the alignment.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 07:41 AM
Former Sponsor

we will have the ability to do some track alignments here

Eric
Old Sep 7, 2007, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am currently running megan c/o's is there any disadvantage to upgrading to a stg2? I assume this will still improve my handling.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish I could have gotten -2 degrees of camber out of my car with the stock bolts. I can only get -1.55 up front.

Do you guys ever shave these a little to give more options vs the 2 positions they can move to stock?

Interested to see the next few stages.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After years of begging, here we go.....but now I have a freakin 240....