Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Why our turbo kits Rock!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2007, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ I sure it takes alot more than just power to break into the eights.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by h.funk
^ I sure it takes alot more than just power to break into the eights.
i agree but it doesn't hurt.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Martin ... wouldn't hurt to make this thread a sticky, as long as it stays clean, so that anyone shopping for your kit can see what goes into it. Some links to the hill-climb car vids won't hurt either. That thing is amazing.

l8r)
Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
Martin ... wouldn't hurt to make this thread a sticky, as long as it stays clean, so that anyone shopping for your kit can see what goes into it. Some links to the hill-climb car vids won't hurt either. That thing is amazing.

l8r)
Great idea

AMS turbo kits rock, iam waiting when you guys release your turbo kits for Subaru WRX's/ STI's . If there any thing like your kits for Evos there gonna kick a$$

Tom
Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Great write up! So is there going to be a special holiday sale for turbo kits soon? Missed out on your guys moving sale.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

I love my AMS GT35RL kit more and more everyday.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

To quote someone above who said we are consumers and we want the best but don't want to pay for it......

that is such a double standard comment...

I want a 1000 whp but I only have $1000.00 to play with??

Paul who is running the 1014 is a very nice guy from what I can tell but what is that 1 car that I heard of thats in the 1000 whp category. how many 900-1000 whp evos are out there from AMS?

You get what you pay for, AMS is an unbeliveable group of guys and there products are simply amazing!

You can really start to see the gains when you start to run 1 company's parts, I never thought my car would have been near the horsepower level it was but their parts produce power, especially when used together...

going fast is not cheap as much as we all would like it to be, if you wanted cheap you would be driving a honda civic with a swap in it. No offense to honda owners..

my belief is, don't go cheap on parts especially when it's a daily driver and power and reliability needs to be counted on.

My car never broke down and I drove it hard every day of the week, no regrets and when I buy my next evo I know exactly where I am going.

I still support AMS even though my car is sold and I always will.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
we are currently at 1050 actually. Martin just REALLY need to update his sig and avatar LOL

Eric

:P Who was right?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by h.funk
^ I dont know about that. ETS has a guy with 1014 hp. Anyway thats not the point
I think the argument in the ETS thread had less to do with AMS's abilities to produce cars that make WHP but more to do with how much you pay for products of equal worth. The paying for a name argument...

I think both brands make great products so I have no biases in that sense.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, but the problem is that "equal worth" is a highly subjective statement.

For example, to me, there is nothing of equal worth to the AMS turbo kit and related parts out there right now, since nobody else that I am aware of in the US has been able to reliably road race a car for the length of time AMS has. A couple of years ago Vishnu had the chance to go for a similar long-term record, but they ultimately chose to stop well short of where AMS has taken its Evo products. No offense to other manufacturers, but until I see Buschur, ETS, Full-Race, and others demonstrate their long-term reliability and performance on a road course, then, IMO, it is a moot point to discuss.

l8r)
Old Nov 29, 2007, 09:18 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
Yeah, but the problem is that "equal worth" is a highly subjective statement.

For example, to me, there is nothing of equal worth to the AMS turbo kit and related parts out there right now, since nobody else that I am aware of in the US has been able to reliably road race a car for the length of time AMS has. A couple of years ago Vishnu had the chance to go for a similar long-term record, but they ultimately chose to stop well short of where AMS has taken its Evo products. No offense to other manufacturers, but until I see Buschur, ETS, Full-Race, and others demonstrate their long-term reliability and performance on a road course, then, IMO, it is a moot point to discuss.

l8r)
Good points, that is what has impressed me about AMS. The first time I visited the shop and saw with my own eyes that they really do design and fabricate everything in-house and how well built it is. You just have to pick up an AMS header vs. any other I've seen to realize why AMS's don't crack. I luckily get to drive them as well and appreciate the drivability advantages with the lack of lag and great mid-corner adjustability (oh and yes, the outright power) you have due to the refined well thought out designs.

The pictures are great as always but you have to feel them in your own hands or in car on track lap after lap (after lap) to really appreaciate what makes the different

Paul
Old Nov 29, 2007, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

Nice write-up.

Good close-ups showing the strengths of your system.

I would strongly consider it if/when I buy an EVO.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

AMS does build the best kit in my opinion and I have worked with a few other kits. Their kit is complete, it fits without hassel, no needed modifications, it performs and its built to last. The best part is you can put it on and not worry!

And if you have a question AMS will talk to you like a real person.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

nice
Old Feb 18, 2008, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

Ams Ftw!

Quick Reply: Why our turbo kits Rock!