Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Remote Start & Alarm??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2008, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am running the Clifford G alarm. What DarkEvoIX mentioned above is the roughly the same procedure that I have to go through to make sure it is not going to start in gear. I have had it in the car since I bought it 2 years ago and I love it. I use it almost everytime I get out of the car. I had my local stereo installer install it for me. I bought every feature with it so I just had a professional do it for me.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:54 PM
Former Sponsor

I have a Compustar alarm with a remote start and tt. In order to arm the remote start you have to exit the car with the car running and the e-brake has to be up. The alarm automatically turns the car off and lock the door when I exit the vehicle. The E-brake also has to be up. Its pretty fool prof.
Good luck

Rich

Last edited by RichK@AMS; Mar 3, 2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Why do u want remote start?
Old Feb 29, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would go without and add later if you run across someone that would do it. Be swift with your decision as my evo was first broken into and then a year later was stolen in Chicago without any security related device installed. Another guy on here had his broken into and column busted up in an attempted theft in my area.

Check my evo thread as there is some useful info on it as well about security.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=322548
Old Feb 29, 2008, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Playaer
Why do u want remote start?
Trust me if you live in a cold climate like chicago remote start is definitly a luxury
Old Feb 29, 2008, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wizzo 8
If you have a turbo timer you have to leave it in neutral anyways so it should never be a problem.
Have to agree with this statement, however, how would the alarm be able to tell the difference between it controling the car shut off and the turbo timer? Would it create conflicting signals to the ECU? Would it create a problem within the alarm that would prevent the remote start from working properly? Just food for thought.

Josh

Old Feb 29, 2008, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Just get a Compustar remote starter + alarm, they have a built in turbo timer and actually work at the specified range, I've started my dsm across my campus in downtown Boston.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

This Viper one I have has a built in TT as well.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

i have this installed in my car... you just have to remember to always leave your car in neutral before you step out of your car.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:43 PM

I have a Viper with remote start in my car also. I just had my buddy put in a sensor underneath my ebrake, and when the ebrake isnt up the car wont start...
Old Mar 3, 2008, 09:29 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jmelocik
Would it create conflicting signals to the ECU? Would it create a problem within the alarm that would prevent the remote start from working properly?
I'm guessing the alarm wouldn't care, but that would just be a guess. The turbo timer and alarm would just be doing the same thing in shorting the wires required to keep the car running. I don't think it would be an issue.

Originally Posted by awdwannabe
I always leave my car in neutral with the parking brake on.
If you have a turbo timer you have to leave it in neutral anyways so it should never be a problem.
Originally Posted by BocaShula
i have this installed in my car... you just have to remember to always leave your car in neutral before you step out of your car.

The only problem with all of these is that at least 1 time someone else will drive your car. When I had a remote start on my 1g I figured it would never happen also. Then my brother put the car in gear and pwned my parents garage, and a mechanic put it in gear and almost ran it into a lift with a car on it. Aside from the monumental possibility of costly damages, you have to understand that someone can be seriously injured by a car that is driving itself.

In the very least you should use a magnetic reed switch that only allows starting when the car is in neutral, but that is not even always safe. It sounds like the newer kits that require you to leave the car running work pretty well logically.

It's pretty irresponsible to set this up without safeguards in place. Please learn from others mistakes and don't do it without any safeguards, let alone reliable ones.

Last edited by fostytou; Mar 3, 2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

Trust me if you live in a cold climate like chicago remote start is definitly a luxury
+1 my girlfriend got it on her car, and when she parks she leaves her heat on, so when she is getting rdy in the morning she starts her car from inside the house and when shes all rdy the car is completely warmed up and rdy to go.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 01:09 AM
Evolving Member

lol just read the directions it shud be really easy to install

+1 on viper alarms
Old Mar 4, 2008, 04:31 AM

yeah im a best buy autotech on my spare time also. if you notice when you get rung up it rings as homeboy up top said 100parts 100labor , the only difference is that you cant buy it w/o labor. the install isnt that hard but the whole losing the key to a bypass box sux. i didnt get 2 keys so theres no way in hell im going to buy a key for 120$ after programming. i just installed a viper alarm on my car (w/o) rem. start and its great, 30min install
Old Mar 6, 2008, 11:58 AM

if you still need it installed, pm me and i will set something up. i am in naperville and have done a few Evo's along with my own. if it helps i have been doing this for 15 years and have been nationally certified 4 times over.

Quick Reply: Remote Start & Alarm??