Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Inside the AMS Engineering Department...

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2008, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
very nice!
Old May 5, 2008, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thunderbt3
homemade, I was on NIU FSAE 03-07. I think I stopped by the ODU pit once and asked about your diff. I think it was the first year at the MPG.
the year we had the sprotor (sprocket rotor)?
I remember you guys...NIU in 06 was a red car right?
anyhow, glad to see they have some good FSAE talent there now
Old May 5, 2008, 01:47 PM

Yea, I believe it was the red car. Dont remember if ODU had the sprotor on it but we were wondering how your diff was so tiny (atv diff). The current team has it pretty rough, only 3 or 4 returning members and 3 GOOD newbs. They went to VIR and blew up 2 engines and now theyre prepping for Cali. They missed Michigan registration because they forgot the activate the credit card they were going to use
Old May 5, 2008, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Looks great.
Old May 6, 2008, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
Yea, I believe it was the red car. Dont remember if ODU had the sprotor on it but we were wondering how your diff was so tiny (atv diff). The current team has it pretty rough, only 3 or 4 returning members and 3 GOOD newbs. They went to VIR and blew up 2 engines and now theyre prepping for Cali. They missed Michigan registration because they forgot the activate the credit card they were going to use
yup, the tiny modified ATV diff...getting conical springs to adjust lsd tq is tuff too
ODU's team was left this year with a bunch of newbies and a few returners...my turbo 250 sat as they didn't have a competent engine team. 20k rpm of ethanol, boost and choke flow isn't where one should start tuning

ok, enough old FSAE off topic talking...waiting for eric to fuss at me
Old May 9, 2008, 07:25 AM

Hello Everybody. My name is Corey, I'm one of the Engineers from AMS. First, I wanted to thank everybody for the positive responses they gave to our engineering post.

To introduce myself a little I'll give you a bit of my background. I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin, and am currently working on my Masters with a focus on Automotive Engineering. I was also on the FSAE team for 3 years at UT. After college I worked at GM for 2 years in the 6spd RWD automatic transmission group.

I'm glad to see there are alot of other mechanically inclined folks out there who appreciate the engineering that goes into making good quality aftermarket parts.

If anybody ever has any questions just let me know and I will be more than happy to answer them.