Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

*AMS PRODUCT RELEASE* EVO VIII/IX Harness Bar

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2008, 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by boostinmarc4
Logo looks sick... How much does it cut down back seat functionality?
Sitting in normal position in the backseat it doesn't really do anything in the way of cutting down room for passengers. I will say its not safe to have backseat passengers when using a harness bar....as there is a large bar in front of their face.

Now many will ignore that and put people in the back anyway, again this is not very safe. I personally have ridden in the back seat of an evo with a harness bar and I used it as a handle while getting tossed around in turns, I thought it was cool. In the event of an accident i'm sure I would of changed my mind.

Like many aftermarket parts that are offered they are intended for off road use only and you will use them at your own risk

I will say that one nice feature of our bar compared to others like Sparco is that our bar locks in place. The Sparco bar can slide up in the event of an accident causing the harness to raise in height and not do their job of holding you in. Ours is locked in place and you can still use the factory seat belts and the height adjustment on the factory seat belts.

Eric