Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Midwest Motorsport Festival NOW OPEN FOR REGISTRATION!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2008, 02:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Midwest Motorsport Festival NOW OPEN FOR REGISTRATION!

MIDWEST MOTOR SPORTS FESTIVAL!!!!

We have been working with some local people and companies here to help put on a real enthusiast motor sports event. Well finally its here! Now we have a weekend long event packed with no stop Car, Bike and Kart racing. The event even offers over night camping and over $60,000 in cash, prizes and trophies!!!!

AMS is one of the headlining sponsors for this event and we would LOVE to see you all out there!

Friday October 10th, 11th and 12th At Blackhawk Farms raceway

Official Release!

Chicago, IL;
“It is going to happen and it will be one of the great Performance Motorsports events in the region with programs for everyone ranging from the Novice Driver to the experienced Pro” those are the words of Joe Hill Event Director for the upcoming Midwest Motorsports Festival presented by Autometer at Blackhawk Farms Raceway, October 11 & 12, 2008.

With over $60,000 in cash, prizes, trophies and awards to be distributed to the participants this event offers one of the most exciting formats for everyone interested in motorsports. The program includes scheduled competition and timed lapping programs for Motorcycles, Performance Cars, and Karts. This unique format also is designed to cater to those who are just seeking to upgrade the performance of the Bike or Car through on track lapping sessions and a continuous schedule of Performance Seminars presented by the best engineering groups in the country.

The weekend starts out with the AMS Performance Car lapping sessions where over 3 hours of on-track time is scheduled for groups ranging from Street prepared to the Ultimate Class featuring the Pro One and Two divisions. There are programs and instruction for Novice Drivers and plenty of on-track time for those more experienced. Later in the day we move to the DGY Motorcycle Program featuring lap sessions for all levels of experience, qualifying for the $20,000 DGY Shoot Out, and our special Women’s Challenge Lap Event with an additional $5,000 in cash and prizes. We wrap up Saturday with the Jet Karting TAG Kart practice, live entertainment, and an On-Track car show. And, for those who can’t get enough we have overnight camping.

Sunday starts out with additional AMS Performance Car lap programs where the top 5 cars from each of our Performance Car classes will move on to the PIC Super Lap program where contestants will compete for over $15,000. We then feature the Jet Karting Tag Kart Race, move onto the DGY $20,000 Shoot Out Races and complete the weekend with the PIC Super Lap Competition and the MIDWEST MOTORSPORTS CHALLENGE RACE featuring the single fastest car, motorcycle, and Kart in a Handicap format that will award the participants with an additional $5,000 in cash and prizes.

EVENT INFORMATION: (630)882-9093 or visit www.mmsfest.com

THIS IS GOING TO FILL FAST GUYS!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT WAIT! I have not seen payouts like these for a new event like this EVER!

Eric

Last edited by AutoMotoSports; Sep 19, 2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cant wait.. Looking forward to putting the AMS sponsored EVO X on the podium...

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports

MIDWEST MOTOR SPORTS FESTIVAL!!!!

We have been working with some local people and companies here to help put on a real enthusiast motor sports event. Well finally its here! Now we have a weekend long event packed with no stop Car, Bike and Kart racing. The event even offers over night camping and over $60,000 in cash, prizes and trophies!!!!

AMS is one of the headlining sponsors for this event and we would LOVE to see you all out there!

Friday October 10th, 11th and 12th At Blackhawk Farms raceway

Official Release!

Chicago, IL;
“It is going to happen and it will be one of the great Performance Motorsports events in the region with programs for everyone ranging from the Novice Driver to the experienced Pro” those are the words of Joe Hill Event Director for the upcoming Midwest Motorsports Festival presented by Autometer at Blackhawk Farms Raceway, October 11 & 12, 2008.

With over $60,000 in cash, prizes, trophies and awards to be distributed to the participants this event offers one of the most exciting formats for everyone interested in motorsports. The program includes scheduled competition and timed lapping programs for Motorcycles, Performance Cars, and Karts. This unique format also is designed to cater to those who are just seeking to upgrade the performance of the Bike or Car through on track lapping sessions and a continuous schedule of Performance Seminars presented by the best engineering groups in the country.

The weekend starts out with the AMS Performance Car lapping sessions where over 3 hours of on-track time is scheduled for groups ranging from Street prepared to the Ultimate Class featuring the Pro One and Two divisions. There are programs and instruction for Novice Drivers and plenty of on-track time for those more experienced. Later in the day we move to the DGY Motorcycle Program featuring lap sessions for all levels of experience, qualifying for the $20,000 DGY Shoot Out, and our special Women’s Challenge Lap Event with an additional $5,000 in cash and prizes. We wrap up Saturday with the Jet Karting TAG Kart practice, live entertainment, and an On-Track car show. And, for those who can’t get enough we have overnight camping.

Sunday starts out with additional AMS Performance Car lap programs where the top 5 cars from each of our Performance Car classes will move on to the PIC Super Lap program where contestants will compete for over $15,000. We then feature the Jet Karting Tag Kart Race, move onto the DGY $20,000 Shoot Out Races and complete the weekend with the PIC Super Lap Competition and the MIDWEST MOTORSPORTS CHALLENGE RACE featuring the single fastest car, motorcycle, and Kart in a Handicap format that will award the participants with an additional $5,000 in cash and prizes.

THIS IS GOING TO FILL FAST GUYS!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT WAIT! I have not seen payouts like these for a new event like this EVER!

Eric
Old Sep 19, 2008, 07:28 AM
Former Sponsor

As are we Ben!

Eric
Old Sep 19, 2008, 07:29 AM
Former Sponsor

also for those that race even somewhat competitively please stop and take a look at the payouts for this event....WOW.

if you have not registered, REGISTER NOW!

Eric
Old Sep 19, 2008, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those payouts are crazy; never seen something that deep before.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Hmmmm is there anyway to get mwe in on this?
Old Sep 22, 2008, 09:58 AM
Former Sponsor

you would have to contact them.

Eric
Old Sep 29, 2008, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports

Has anyone been able to get any information from the above on this event? I've sent a few emails and left a message but no response yet. I am wanting more information on car classifications.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm very interested in this.

I'm not sure what category I'd fit into.

I've raced on track before at Autobahn Joliet once before. See here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=369809
Am I still novice class?

I have basic performance mods like, exhaust,panel filter, exede (running 22psi), wheels, coilovers etc What mods would not allow me to compete in AMS Street Performance Car Category? Could I compete in street modified or should I stick to plain street?

Also I'm a little confused... is this a one day event... it mentions weekend and camping but I can't find an event agenda.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Here's the schedule for ya:

http://mmsfest.com/track/index.php?o...d=38&Itemid=56
Old Oct 5, 2008, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks man.... I just found the tab on the website too lol

It looks like an awesome event
Old Oct 6, 2008, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

I've heard this is a "no go" guys.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Well, NASA will be there a week today if anyone is just looking for track time.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cfdfireman1
I've heard this is a "no go" guys.
That's disappointing to hear.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

My info is second hand so make sure before you give up on it.

Quick Reply: Midwest Motorsport Festival NOW OPEN FOR REGISTRATION!