Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS piston ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS piston ?

I was on your site earlier and please dont think I am trying to be rude or anything I just need some informational help. This is what your site says:

These AMS Spec pistons have a specially designed quench area that improves power and reduces the chance of detonation. All kits include special heavy-duty pistons, which are designed and manufactured to perform flawlessly under the extreme heat and PRESSURE associated with turbocharged engines. Ideal for both street and serious competition, these pistons are loaded with extra features such as annular pin hole grooves with double forced oil holes to prevent pinhole galling, and taper lands to prevent scuffing. Extra thick lands for superior ring groove support under extreme pressure are made possible by intersecting the ring groove and the pinhole. 4340 taper bore, hard-chromed extra heavy duty pins, along with Ross Racing Rings are included.

My question is do you guys do all this extra to the pistons? do they come like this? Is this a standard you ask Ross to make for you? Do these also come with retainers?

Also I seen that stock engine ratio is 9:1 right? I seen on Lancershop they have Ross 8:8 ratio so what is the difference. I am going with you guys anyways and I called up earlier to see if you had any in stock. I am confused and would love some help.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

they are made per order from ross, I'm sure.

ross then also makes a standard piston that is just a drop in replacement...the aftermarket companies pistons are never as nice as a designated engine builders designed piston who has knowledge and cares about the best for the engine. I do the same with my JE subie pistons...
Old Sep 15, 2008, 04:22 AM
Evolved Member

stock engine compression is 8:8:1 not 9:1
Old Sep 15, 2008, 09:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brokenevo-

Tim did a lot of research and development with Ross so that they could specially make a great all around piston for street and strip that comes in complete kits containing the pistons, wrist pins, and rings. As far as retainers, Do you mean the retainer clips for the wrist pins? If so then yes, they are also included in the set. We try to make it as easy as possible so that anyone can buy the pistons and have everything they need to install them. Also the stock compression ratio for an Evo is 8:8:1 and our pistons are 8:9:1.

Please let us know if you need any further information.

Thanks

Last edited by Andrew@AMS; Sep 15, 2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:11 AM
Evolved Member

well i bought from the best thanks guys quick shipping too love you in a no homo way
Old Jan 14, 2009, 07:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Brokenevo
well i bought from the best thanks guys quick shipping too love you in a no homo way

Thanks, and good luck with your build! If you need anything else just let us know!