Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

9-14-08 AMS Autobahn Track day picture thread!!! aka the doriftoo day!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2008, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn that looked like fun in the rain. I was going to go on Sunday but my friend persuaded me to go on Monday instead as he had signed up with Chicago Lamborghini. Here is a link to pics of me on my first track day with the VIII
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=369809

The Autobahn rocks.

P.S Nice drifts Frank! haha
Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LDOGGYDIZZLE
Sweet pics!!!

Also special thanks to Frank and Mike Lipani for trusting me with thier GTR. I only wish it was dry, the car is everything I read about. It is truely unbelievable. Robotic is a perfect one word description. It seems Nissan paid off the devil to defy every law of physics. The transmission is the closest thing to a sequential Ive ever experienced. The auto-blip and every shift was on point and instantly when I wanted it. Once the V-spec comes out and reg GTR become reasonable, I will own one of these things.

Did anyone catch my drifting in my EVO on video or any pics? Love to enter thant into the AMS/Youtube contest!

I barely drove my car, it was just too much for my bald *** street tires and my NTO1's. Even toward the end of the day it was a handful but was able to get to the same speed at end of straight as the mighty GTR! But, it was A LOT harder to drive fast, where the GTR it was EZ. Oh, if only it was dry!
Hey Im glad you had fun with it Again amazing driving..... To control the car in those conditions just mind boggling.... especially to a drag racer like myself. But I think I have the bug now lol.

The cop car drift then spin out to just driving straigh all in one motion was the sickest thing of the day...too bad nobody could catch that!

The Evo difts rocked too!

If your free thurs...stop back out to Autobahn. Were going to do the comparison test with the C6 Z06

The day was alot of fun! and thanks for the extra ride arounds

Mike
Old Sep 17, 2008, 08:55 PM

This event was awesome!! Thanks to all the AMS guys who made it possible

I saw some people snapping pictures of my car, if you could post them or send them to me I'd really appreciate it!

-the 2003 dark gray WRX
Old Sep 19, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks Mike, anytime!
Old Sep 19, 2008, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

omg blacktrack amazing looking X!!!!!!