Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

9-14-08 AMS Autobahn Track day picture thread!!! aka the doriftoo day!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2008, 03:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 9-14-08 AMS Autobahn Track day picture thread!!! aka the doriftoo day!!

Well Hurricane Ike came through Chicago this weekend. While most were shut in with flood ridden roads and flooded basements AMS was having a track day. Unlike drag racing where a little inclement weather shuts down the day’s events, road racing keeps on keeping on. Yesterday was no exception, arriving at the track we were told by the track officials that there was quite a bit of standing water on the track. What we didn’t know was that was track talk for small ponds all over the place LOL. The die hard few that showed up had one of the best times on a track you could ask for. What the day lacked in speed it made up for in 8 hours of controlled sliding. There is something to be said for driver control coming into a pool of standing water and kicking up a 10ft wake of water in your path.

All in all it was just a great day and AMS would like to personally thank the ones that came out and endured the wet weather with us having a blast in the process. Thank you to the Autobahn staff for allowing us to have fun and still keep us all safe. Lastly thanks to The Blues Brothers mobile and Franks red E30 BMW for providing HOURS or entertainment on a day that even mother nature couldn’t spoil for us.

More pictures can be found in the AMS Gallery here:
http://www.amsperformance.com/album/...s.php?album=57

Enjoy
Old Sep 15, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice, jealousy continues.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Sweet pictures Rich!

I had an awesome time with everyone! It was fun running with you all, playin chase car to the Blues mobile and giving a few rides. Thanks to all of you at AMS for the fun day, nothing better than a rain day! I meant to say goodbye to everyone, but was on the phone for a good 30 mins while loading and spaced....sorry!

Thanks again, had an awesome time! Here's my fav shot of my car:

-Ryan
Old Sep 15, 2008, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

dam looks like fun!
Old Sep 15, 2008, 04:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would like to personally thank Frank and Mike Lipani for letting me go for a ride along in their new GTR. Even in the wet that car is just SICK

Eric
Old Sep 15, 2008, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

No prob Eric

We had a blast even with tidal waves on the track lol

you have to drive it before we leave

Rides with Lawrence (awesome driver) were fun as hell! First in the GTR, then in the blues brothers mobile, and finally in his Evo where we did some Tokyo Drift action!!!

He really got me saying some interesting words out there and in my mind...."brake........brake............. brake brake brake!"

Although Frank = DK

Lots of fun! Cya tomorrow

Last edited by WhtEvo05; Sep 15, 2008 at 06:34 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 05:45 PM
Former Sponsor

It was an absolute riot. I learned so much about my car and its limits. I was shocked at how well cars actually perform in the rain. The SRT8 guys were straight TEARING IT UP!!! It was amazing. I will never be disappointed if its looking like rain for a track day again!!!!

Old Sep 15, 2008, 05:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Looks like a ton of fun! I hope there is more pictures to come.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Great pictures! Had a blast!! Heres my WHHHIIP

Old Sep 15, 2008, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nice pictures, keep them coming... the first one looks more like a boat than a car.
haha, must have been a ball
Old Sep 15, 2008, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

wish my car was done i would have loved to be there
Old Sep 15, 2008, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

That's right 1 handed.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Sweet pics!!!

Also special thanks to Frank and Mike Lipani for trusting me with thier GTR. I only wish it was dry, the car is everything I read about. It is truely unbelievable. Robotic is a perfect one word description. It seems Nissan paid off the devil to defy every law of physics. The transmission is the closest thing to a sequential Ive ever experienced. The auto-blip and every shift was on point and instantly when I wanted it. Once the V-spec comes out and reg GTR become reasonable, I will own one of these things.

Did anyone catch my drifting in my EVO on video or any pics? Love to enter thant into the AMS/Youtube contest!

I barely drove my car, it was just too much for my bald *** street tires and my NTO1's. Even toward the end of the day it was a handful but was able to get to the same speed at end of straight as the mighty GTR! But, it was A LOT harder to drive fast, where the GTR it was EZ. Oh, if only it was dry!
Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

^^ NT01's and a monsoon...eh not the best combo haha nice seein you again Lawrence!
Old Sep 16, 2008, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

And you too Champ! Flyin around the track as always. BTW, congrats on your NASA TTA championship.

It was fun doing the video drivin the blues mobile with you following/filming.

Quick Reply: 9-14-08 AMS Autobahn Track day picture thread!!! aka the doriftoo day!!