Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS GTR Project car. *pics inside*

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2008, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This could be a hard one to make better. Frank and Mike have picked the right people to improve upon perfection Good luck AMS I'm can't wait to see what you guys can do to the beast.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Goodie! I can't wait to see what kind of monster this car will turn into.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

It will be interesting to see what can actually be done to that car. I know i know everyone says the ECU is uncrackable, but honestly, the right person just hasnt attempted it yet

There are so many BS things nissan has attempted to do to prevent modding the car... hopefully you guys establish a firm foot in the aftermarket industy for GTR's
Old Sep 22, 2008, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

oh noooo lol i cant wait!
Old Sep 23, 2008, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by inneedof
Looks good! ? Who takes your pictures done there?They always look great!
That would be Rich@AMS...
Old Sep 23, 2008, 06:46 PM

all i have to say is oh Sh**t
Old Sep 23, 2008, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
o damnnn! i can just imagine how beastly this car is going to come out!
Old Sep 23, 2008, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
It will be interesting to see what can actually be done to that car. I know i know everyone says the ECU is uncrackable, but honestly, the right person just hasnt attempted it yet

There are so many BS things nissan has attempted to do to prevent modding the car... hopefully you guys establish a firm foot in the aftermarket industy for GTR's
You would need the consult III software to crack it and I know Nissan is only making it available to some.

Nissan is not preventing others from modding the car, BUT they are accrediting aftermarket parts. A few of them are already HKS, Mines and Power House Amuse, who had went all the way to where the GTRs were built in Japan just to study how the car was built, since it was built by hand.

Best thing AMS can do, and which they have the money to do it, is to fly all the way to Japan where the GTR was born.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
Everyone here at AMS wants to thank the Lipani's for not only having the faith in us to take their car to the next level but for being some of the best people we have every worked with. You started out as customers but above all you our are now friends.
Thanks for the kind words Eric. My dad and I would also like to thank you very much- along with Martin, Arne, Ivan, Chris, Rich, and all the rest of the guys for welcoming us back to the shop- ITS BEEN A WHILE! We had a great time and a lot of laughs despite the heavy surf that took over the Chicago weather scene for 4 days... and ditto on the friends thing! My dad and I feel the same way.

We have all the faith in you guys to take our baby to the next level and beyond. This should be a fun journey for both of us. The enthusiasm and team spirit at AMS along with the uncompromising quality of the work you guys put out is A+ IMO not to mention the great service and support you have shown us in the past with our Evo. We will be shipping the car out there in a few weeks...let the fun begin.

BTW Eric I haven't talked to you since we left the shop last week but after taking 2days of driving lessons from that IRL driver at Autobahn I can say you guys were 100% right on " I'm hooked" on road racing and I know my dad is as well. BTW he did really well driven the South course. Of course I still like a good run down the drag strip now and then LOL.

Talk to you soon

Michael
Old Sep 23, 2008, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Sick
Old Sep 23, 2008, 11:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133

Cobb already has an Accessport for the GTR and Mine's has a reflash. Haltech also has their ECU upgrade that they are working on but I don't believe it's available to the public yet.

Can't wait to see what AMS does with the GTR, it's gonna be sick. Most of the JDM parts are way too expensive, hopefully AMS will be able to provide more affordable alternatives for the GTR market.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

Nothing is uncrackable!!
Old Sep 24, 2008, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

They got the best color! This will be a great project! !
Old Sep 24, 2008, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

Great stuff, with all the money you'll make on GTR's, you can throw some more money into evo R&D and give us even more amazing parts.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 06:14 AM
Account Disabled

bananas

Quick Reply: AMS GTR Project car. *pics inside*