Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS GT950R / Billet 67/65 is OUT! 830WHP Capable T3 Framed Turbo!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2009, 04:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMS GT950R / Billet 67/65 is OUT! 830WHP Capable T3 Framed Turbo!!

Recently Martin and Chris here at AMS tested a new breed of T3 based turbo. We were optimistic about the possible outcome but the end result was more than we could of imagined!

Here is a link to the original thread testing the Billet 67/62:https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...er-inside.html

More importantly here is the thread testing the AMS GT950R / Billet 67/65 Ball bearing....Making 828 whp SAE CORRECTED!!!! https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ever-ends.html

The test car in question was Martin Personal EVO VIII
Carrying the following major supporting mods:

AMS CNC Head
AMS VSR intake manifold
AMS Race FMIC
AMS built 2.0L
AMS Variation 2 Turbo Kit

This particular test was done using a .82 A/R hotside. Now this hotside is not currently available for those running an AMS kit but a smaller .63 Version is. We will have testing with this housing very soon to come

In any even here is the dyno in question:

This was at peak boost of 42 psi
The other run being compared was our first test using the smaller billet 67/62

The same Dyno in STD correction

As you can see the larger turbo had no loss in spool but made more power!

now this turbo is not going to be for everyone. It is a little more laggy than most T3 based ball bearing turbos but for those looking to build one hell of a street/strip car this is a MONSTER of a turbo. This is close to 42R power in a T3 framed turbo! The spool is quick enough that even between decently quick shifts you will remain in the heart of the power band and still be in boost!

The price for this mighty midget is $1899.95

We have these turbo's available for sale in a few options

With an AMS spec 5 bolt discharge .63 A/R housing (to bolt up to any AMS turbo Kit)
With a traditional 4 bolt discharge .82 A/R housing
With a V-band discharge .82 A/R housing

T4 housings are also available for an additional charge

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have. We have three units coming in the next 48 hours and I don't anticipate they will last long.

Eric

Last edited by AutoMotoSports; Feb 18, 2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you guys have to stop releasing new parts or i'll never be able to finish my car!
Old Feb 18, 2009, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Old Feb 18, 2009, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NewCalEvo
you guys have to stop releasing new parts or i'll never be able to finish my car!
No kidding, I haven't even put my 850R on my car yet and I'm ready to upgrade already. LOL
Old Feb 19, 2009, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Eric,

Can we see some pictures of the version 2 turbo kit? Also what would it take to convert current kits to the v2 variant, it surely has to be possible? I would imagine the wastegate is now coming off the header to allow the 4 bolt hotside to be used, so header modification is expected?

A price quote would be awesome as this looks like the direction I would like to go in the future, and I am sure I am not alone when I say this. The .82 vs .63 hotsides have always been a big topic and this will open the floodgates for more options.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 06:37 AM
Account Disabled

very nice guys, what kind of tq was being made? and this was using your standard tubular header?
Old Feb 19, 2009, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 97EclipseGSX
No kidding, I haven't even put my 850R on my car yet and I'm ready to upgrade already. LOL

Thats exactly why I still have my old 3065...too may damn options to go with and something new is always around the corner....
Old Feb 19, 2009, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Would you guy's (AMS) suggest this turbo for street/Track usage on a 2.3L?

What would you speculate RPM to be at on a 2.3L when it starts to spool? I'm currnetly running a 35R but I defenitly want something with more umph! I'm not sure what I want to go with I was thinking the 6765 would be good but I've been told that it may be best to go with the 6262.

I have been bouncing back and forth all around about this question for about a week. I still can't made a final decision.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 07:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by itzwolf
Eric,

Can we see some pictures of the version 2 turbo kit? Also what would it take to convert current kits to the v2 variant, it surely has to be possible? I would imagine the wastegate is now coming off the header to allow the 4 bolt hotside to be used, so header modification is expected?

A price quote would be awesome as this looks like the direction I would like to go in the future, and I am sure I am not alone when I say this. The .82 vs .63 hotsides have always been a big topic and this will open the floodgates for more options.
No pictures but I can tell you that based on the kit that was on Martins car you really cannot convert it to a version 2 from our kit. I named it version 2 just in passing because the "secret sauce" name was being used by CBRD. This is a custom one off kit that used a new header and downpipe. we are working on something to satisfy your curiosity though

Originally Posted by 1NastyMR
very nice guys, what kind of tq was being made? and this was using your standard tubular header?
This was a custom header with a wastegate off of it since we wanted to try a bigger housing than a 5 bolt allows. I will have to check on the torque numbers for you

Originally Posted by D420mac
Would you guy's (AMS) suggest this turbo for street/Track usage on a 2.3L?

What would you speculate RPM to be at on a 2.3L when it starts to spool? I'm currnetly running a 35R but I defenitly want something with more umph! I'm not sure what I want to go with I was thinking the 6765 would be good but I've been told that it may be best to go with the 6262.

I have been bouncing back and forth all around about this question for about a week. I still can't made a final decision.
If you are planning on putting this on the track even with a 2.3 it might be a hair too laggy for a road race car. IT really depends on the track. If its a really high speed track you will probably be fine, that and I would couple it with our smaller 5 bolt .63 A/R housing
Old Feb 19, 2009, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Well I'm currently using the AMS exhaust manifold so I'd have to go with the .63 A/R housing correct?
Old Feb 19, 2009, 07:29 AM
Former Sponsor

that is correct.... in your case its really a toss up. If its a tight track I would not consider this but say if you are on road america you might like this setup.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

With the.63 housing how would that improve the performance on the 2.3L. Lastly how laggy are we talking? EST. RPM range. a little worse than the 37R or 42R laggy?
Old Feb 19, 2009, 07:34 AM
Former Sponsor

well I have a customer that is about to test this turbo with a .63 5 bolt housing on a stroker. We will see what the outcome is.

I do not want to really throw darts at what we "think" it will do.

Eric
Old Feb 19, 2009, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

That is one sick turbo!
Old Feb 19, 2009, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Stop making new stuff that I have to sell my old new stuff to get!!

Quick Reply: AMS GT950R / Billet 67/65 is OUT! 830WHP Capable T3 Framed Turbo!!