Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS Video contest voting is UP!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2009, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hamflex
HAHAHA, yeah we should have bought some editing software vs. downloading the free trial! LOL....
Free movie software FTW! I used the garbage program that came on my $600 laptop. I shoulda had Rich edit up a video, as he does a fantastic job!

I'd have to agree that #5 has the best editing, but I'm curious why you'd need to make an already slow form of motorsport (auto-x) even slower?

If I hadn't submitted my own video, your's would've gotten my vote.

Originally Posted by hamflex
I should have included footage of me spinning off the track, now there is some dust.... hell there is even grass!
You can always post up 'off track stuff,' always fun to see. Here's my biggest crash to date, or if you prefer in slo-motion.

Dave
Old Mar 17, 2009, 07:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We are looking into the votes. As I said before if its determined that the votes are coming from some form of software or what not then we will omit that video but if not then we have to let it go.

Get creative with how you are advertising this too. Put it up on facebook, myspace, email blast etc. You would be surprised how fast you can get votes.

Eric
Old Mar 17, 2009, 07:56 AM

I voted #3
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
Get creative with how you are advertising this too. Put it up on facebook, myspace, email blast etc. You would be surprised how fast you can get votes.

Eric
That's a good Idea. I bet if you put it on facebook, a lot of people would vote for it (assuming they are all your friends and not just facebook friends). I wonder if some of the video owners are already doing that.

And everytime I watch the Rally Evo it make me want to go off-roading. Thank you and damn you at the same time
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goucho
And everytime I watch the Rally Evo it make me want to go off-roading. Thank you and damn you at the same time
You're welcome! If you're ever in Denver, get in touch and maybe we can sling you around for a few laps at CORE. The next event is out there on April 4th.

AMS Rally Brakes and 15" wheels FTW!

Dave
Old Mar 17, 2009, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DaveK
You're welcome! If you're ever in Denver, get in touch and maybe we can sling you around for a few laps at CORE. The next event is out there on April 4th.

AMS Rally Brakes and 15" wheels FTW!

Dave
I Appreciate the offer! And will definitely take you up on it if I'm ever in Denver.

It's people like this that make the Evom community what it is.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

first off,those people obviously dont need a $1000 worth of product since they already have enough to afford 1000 hp cars.2nd,the video #5 that is winning by a landslide is a horrible video compared to the others.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scumrat
first off,those people obviously dont need a $1000 worth of product since they already have enough to afford 1000 hp cars.2nd,the video #5 that is winning by a landslide is a horrible video compared to the others.
1000 hp, surely you jest? Maybe some of the guys with the drag racing videos are close to that, but I'd be willing to bet all the cars that were shown in the 'non-drag racing' vids were all 500whp or under.

Personally, my car (video #3) probably had less power than 90% of the guys on EvoM, running only ~325whp corrected (~5,000 feet). I was on a stock motor (w/ARPs & bolt ons) last year due to budget issues, so even those of us with dedicated race cars have to make tough decisions about where to spend $$.

In any event, thanks for taking time to check out the videos. I think most are now approaching 4,000 views in only a few short days!

Dave
Old Mar 25, 2009, 05:08 AM
Evolving Member

I would like to say something... I have worked very hard this last week telling everyone i know, family, freinds, posting on every forum im on, and updating my facebook status, to get people to vote for me. then last night seeing i was closing in on the #3 video.. as it was at 414 votes.. Its magicly shot up to 547 votes in less than a hour. Now knowing how hard it has been for me to come from 5th place and gain a few hundred votes in a matter of 2 weeks. And knowing that it wa after 10pm. I find this impossible for someone to do. I also find it intresting that the #5 video has only gained 30 votes in 2 weeks. I think someone let them barrow their voting software.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

If anyone thinks im making this up.. here is some proof! I didnt cetch it right away, but you get the idea.

Notice the time 10:23PM Central time

10:40PM 17min later.

That would be 47 votes in 17min, or ruffly 3 votes per min. saying 3 computers per min.

This voting I thought was soposed to be fun.. not like this. just funny how i get within 10 votes of second place. then this all of the sudden happens...
Old Mar 25, 2009, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Well, you got my vote Jesse and if people are going to cheat to win then shame on them! This video contest was a great idea and I enjoyed watching all the videos. I would like to see it happen again next year but it seems that a few bad seeds may ruin it for us and just create drama and a headache for AMS with this B.S. This is supposed to be fun.

Video #3 is pretty bad a$$ though!

Last edited by ericblackevo8; Mar 25, 2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

yeah that situation deff seems kinda skety giving 1000 away for someone who doesnt deserve it and is cheating his way to get that!! or some how he knows how to change his ip adress... but idk. gl on winning guys!

Last edited by evoracingstar; Mar 25, 2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Having won $200 worth of absinthe by having a program vote for my photo over and over in an absinthe art contest, I just want to share that it's definitely doable.

Old Mar 26, 2009, 01:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jbergmeier
This voting I thought was soposed to be fun.. not like this. just funny how i get within 10 votes of second place. then this all of the sudden happens...
I will flat out tell you that I have done nothing fishy nor have I asked anyone to, its just not the way I operate. I've busted my *** over the last 5 years to move up from a clapped-out 1980s Mazda car to assembling a racing program with some of the best companies in the country (and argueably racing one of the coolest production cars to be offered in the states ) Risking my integrity to win a video contest is just plain stupid and puts all that in jeapoardy.

As soon as the new voting website link was published I sent out emails to all my friends and racing buddies asking for them to take a few minutes to vote for my video. I also posted threads in all the forums that I frequent. That email blast led to a good number of people checking out and voting for my video but I could still never close the gap on Video #5. Several buddies of mine who helped with the filming told me they cross posted on forums that they're on, and so I have no idea now how many sites are now linking in to the contest, viral marketing at its best.

It sounds like some of our fellow EvoM'ers know of ways to rig the voting system, and I too had someone tell me that there is a way to vote more than once and I told them very plainly not to do it. AMS clearly stated if any funny business was going on videos would be removed from the competition. Hell, if you wanted to be a conspiricy theorist, maybe someone with a low vote count is trying to get other videos disqualified by rapid-voting for a competitors video. Hopefully the StreetFire guys have a way to figure out if multiple votes are coming in from one computer as that's just not fair and those extra votes should not be counted.

Most importantly though, it looks like all the videos are getting a good number of views, with most closing in on 7,000 views. A big thanks should go out to AMS for holding the constest, and also to all who submitted videos, as these 10 or so people & AMS are largely responsible for driving traffic to watch the videos.

In the end, with voting setups such as the one that's in place, in my eyes it basically just comes down to a popularity contest. Those with the most friends with free time will win, not necessarily the best overall video or the ones with the best editing or best content.

Thanks for reading,

Dave
Old Mar 26, 2009, 07:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Well video number five remained dormant for quite some time and all of a sudden last night it got 100 votes. This coupled with the fact that they jumped to 600 votes right in the beginning warrants an investigation on it. we are looking into this and finding out what is going on. They can actually check not just vote's but vote times. If we find a large number of vote times are within seconds of each other we are going to then eliminate that from the contest. We should know more in a day.

On that note I can tell you that number three will be investigated too but Dave's video is EVERYWHERE!!! its even posted on forums all over the world. We were tracking its hit the other night and I can't even count how many countries were watching it. Rally is a big thing outside the US and I think that is the majority of the vote count. In any event I am confident number three is clean but I will continue to look into it.

I really hope I am wrong with all of this. This contest was meant to reward the hard work of a few individuals and showcase how passionate people are for their cars and AMS. To have this fixed is not just in poor character but honestly a slap in our face and all that are in this contest. We will see what happens.

Eric