Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

The AMS Genesis coupe is HERE!!! Let the modding BEGIN!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2009, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmm sounds like this is not gunna be a bolt on and make some power car.... ill stick with my X
Old Apr 1, 2009, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

So I just test drove a 2010 Premium coupe, and new Raliart at the same dealer, I for one found the Genesis much more fun to drive, and the push start is great. The raliart felt "big" and the whole paddle shifting, sport mode, normal mode. is to much junk, lol the Genesis was even $2000 cheaper. might get one.... Thanks Ivan!! lol
Old Apr 1, 2009, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
Also please if you are in the midwest and considering picking up a Genesis coupe please make sure you check out Gartner Hyundai in Aurora, IL. Phil and Eddie really took care of us over there. The best part is everyone there has a true vested interest in seeing the real potential of this car http://www.gartnercars.com/

LET THE MODDING BEGIN!!!

Eric
I bought my Evo used from there, they really are a great dealership!

This seems like a hyndai I wouldn't mind driving.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

I love these things. Love the information thus far. Keep up the great work

{subscribe}
Old Apr 1, 2009, 11:23 PM

I cant wait to see the big whp gains!!! Keep it up!!!

-Pedro
Old Apr 2, 2009, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chris@AMS

Suprisingly it responded very well to the boost controller, and didn't even cut me off until about 18.5 psi. Once it hits the boost limiter though, you have to shut the car off and turn it back on or it opens the BOV and refuses to run any boost!!! The MBC definitely smoothed the boost curve out quite a bit, and it does seem like the power delivery would be more linear on the street. I can't wait to get into these ECUs and see what they will really do!
So the car has a pop-off valve? And because the car has to be shut off to reset it it must be electrical? Pretty neat.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boltz.
So the car has a pop-off valve? And because the car has to be shut off to reset it it must be electrical? Pretty neat.
no but it has a vacuum bar(plenum or whatever you wanna call it) which is controlled via the ecu so the BOV can be held open via the engines computer telling it to do so (limp mode), the only way to reset this would be the restart the car...SRT4's have the exact same setup...its so that if for some reason the car over boosted heavily it wouldnt let the car blow the engine, and it wont let you boost afterwards since it thinks whatever caused the situation is still present (ie. the weather)

Last edited by Chabada15; Apr 2, 2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

waiting for boost controller, fuel pump(if needed), TBE, intake, IC piping, new intercooler (as that baby looks so inefficient and probably get heat soaked super fast) numbers!! I'm sure being a Hyundai there are lot's of restricitions/silencers/heavy sound deadening to keep the drive reliable for everyday driving, not our style of driving...

Quick Question what kind of turbo is it?
Old Apr 2, 2009, 05:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Just to make things clear...

This second round of dyno were started 100% stock again. I had removed the boost controller after our first round of tests. Tests included a baseline 87, baseline 93, baseline 93 after ECU reset, intake silencer delete, intake silencer delete and secondary cat delete, intake silencer and cat back (secondary cat reinstalled for this test).

Tony, Greg and I fabricated a 3" stainless down pipe / mid pipe combo last night and got started on an IC and IC piping. I am hoping to stay late tomorrow night and finish this up. I had a nut seize on a turbine housing stud and had to cut the stud. I need to pull the turbo off to drill the stud out so I am not going to get it on the dyno till probably Saturday.

I am hoping that one of those two items is the big cork that will let this thing breathe.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

In my opinion its the turbo that is restricting the power.

Its tiny and isn't running alot of boost.

Changing the exhaust / intake / intercooler / etc I feel wont increase HP much because they are probably flow sufficiently for the tiny turbo from factory. Change the turbo (would be cool if the stock twin scroll X turbo could fit) and see the difference.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 05:42 PM

wow. Can't wait to see how this car can do.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 06:19 PM

my guess is the stock intercooler and pipes are the plug... tiny intercooler, tiny pipes, looks very restrictive and inefficient. bet you'll get a lot more out of it by putting new pipes and fmic.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 06:21 PM

sweet build, cant wait to see more!
Old Apr 2, 2009, 07:14 PM
Former Sponsor

The primary cat has the tightest brick I have ever seen. Tiny tiny tiny little tubes through the brick. I wouldn't be surprised if the net area is less than 2". I am pretty sure the 3" down pipe will improve spool and increase HP.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lets hope so because other than that we havn't had much gains..

Quick Reply: The AMS Genesis coupe is HERE!!! Let the modding BEGIN!!!