Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

The AMS Genesis coupe is HERE!!! Let the modding BEGIN!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm curious to see how they react to modding, and when i say "they" i am referring to dealerships... I wonder what it takes to void that warranty
Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:41 PM

Wow, i currently own a tib, and im thinking of buying the new genesis coupe, cant wait to see what kind of upgrades u guys will fabricate for it.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ivan@AMS

Can you tell what my first mod was?

......and my second mod!!!
AMS License Plate Covers????
Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:59 PM

i spy a skyline on a lift ? Correct? hehe.. love those cars... cant wait to see the power of this car also!
Old Mar 22, 2009, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

First mod = blacked out emblems...
Old Mar 22, 2009, 04:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
subscribed.

keep us posted... should be a very interesting build.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 06:01 AM
Evolving Member

That i/c is a little baby. I thought stock dsm's had it bad.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
you know alot people have this thing against hyundai. they have been in the market now for years and have started to make really good reliable cars now for years. like i said before i just traded in my wifes Toyota for a Hyundai and we love it so far. cant beat that warranty and we got a good price on it which helped out so much since our Toyota had depricated more than we would have ever imagined!

i for one will keep an eye on this and look forward to seeing the results. they are beautiful cars with alot of room for improvement. for the price you cant beat it. heck i might even consider one for a DD
Old Mar 22, 2009, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

You guys are gonna need a bigger shop to fit all of these new projects. Eager to see more on this one, git r done!
Old Mar 22, 2009, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Holy humongous muffler batman..... hell take that thing off and it's already up 15 horses i bet
Old Mar 22, 2009, 08:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gsxtremedsm
First mod = blacked out emblems...
Winner!!!!
Old Mar 22, 2009, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Can't Wait!!
Old Mar 22, 2009, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
That I/C looks like the BMW I/C and they use spring clips also.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 09:33 AM
Former Sponsor

First night with the coupe... my impressions.

First off, I have to say that this car looks so much better in person than it does in pictures. You really do not get a good idea of the shape of a car in 2D. In pictures, it appears smaller than it actually is. This might have to do with the large wheel and tire throwing off the perspective. Pictures make it look the size of a Tib when in person, it appears to be more the size of a G35.

Fit and finish is very good. The interior and exterior both have a quality look and feel to them. The chrome "H" on the front and rear are distracting. I pulled them off and painted them with VHT Nite Shade spray on tint. The chrome still shines though and now looks like black chrome. On the front, this mod fits perfectly. On the rear, the "H" still stands out a bit much for my taste. The car has a very unique shape. Everywhere I drive, there are people taking second looks, pointing and taking pictures. I have heard several people say "what is that?" At the local car hangout, I was surrounded by people before I could even get out of the car and swamped with questions and comments all night. People really like the car.

The interior is very very nice. The seats are ultra comfortable. The dash layout is awesome and controls are easy to use. The stereo system is perfect for my taste. AM / FM / XM / 6 disk in dash CD / MP3 player / iPod cable / etc.... The sub hits hard enough to feel. Steering wheel controls are easy to use and work fine. I wish they had a mute button though. Bluetooth works perfectly and phone calls are clear and easy to make / receive. Wind noise management is awesome. Cruising with the sunroof open is ultra quiet. With the windows down, I could still talk on the hands free. Back seat head room is limited. Shorter people only back there.

The proximity entry is very cool. All you need is the key in your pocket. You walk up to the car and press a small button on the door handle and it unlocks and disarms the system. Pull the handle and the window drops down a 1/4" (BMWesque). Hop in and close the door and the window goes back up. Push the clutch in and push the start button once and it takes over from there. The engine fires right up and purrs. There is enough vibration at idle to shake the shifter but it does not transmit when your hand is on it. Clutch feels nice. It has a bit of pressure to it and feels like a heavier duty pressure plate. Engagement point is in a perfect spot and feels natural. I cant even tell you where that point is as it is placed perfectly and takes zero thought to drive. The shifter has positive engagements and is nice and notchy. Reverse is far left and up. It takes a bit of pressure to get it past the 1 / 2 gate. When engaged in revers, the car lets you know by sounding a long beep. I did find that a quick reverse and pull out into neutral then quick into first seemed to jump me back into reverse. It seems that the pressure required to get into the reverse gate is gone for a moment when you pull out of reverse. I will do some more exploring on this issue today. The throttle pedal has a good feel to it but does not exactly feel connected to the motor. My biggest gripe about this car is throttle control during and after shifts. There is a LOT of throttle hang (rpms stay up when throttle is released with clutch pushed in) which makes smooth shifting an issue. I hope that Hyundai gets this sorted out and has a reflash to correct this problem. Throttle response is good and low rpm power is great. Power falls off dramatically up top though. I do not like the torque curve. When the torque curve flattens out, this car will be a LOT of fun. I will be exploring spirited driving a bit more today and will post up my impressions a bit later.

So far, this car is shaping up to be pretty nice.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 09:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wizzo 8
That I/C looks like the BMW I/C and they use spring clips also.
The BMW uses quick connects. This uses spring clamps like what is used on the radiator hoses of the Evo.

Quick Reply: The AMS Genesis coupe is HERE!!! Let the modding BEGIN!!!