Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Ams cai

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2009, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ams cai

I am currently running the AMS short ram intake on my EVO X MR. I was thinking about upgrading to the CAI, but I notice that the cone is in front of the trans cooler.

I was wondering since the cone is blocking the air to the cooler (in front of) if this is going to raise the temps on my SST. This might be a dumb question but I am trying to be careful with the SST since my vehicle isn't stock any more.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 03:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Madrican
I am currently running the AMS short ram intake on my EVO X MR. I was thinking about upgrading to the CAI, but I notice that the cone is in front of the trans cooler.

I was wondering since the cone is blocking the air to the cooler (in front of) if this is going to raise the temps on my SST. This might be a dumb question but I am trying to be careful with the SST since my vehicle isn't stock any more.
Unfortunately do to the cooler being where the filter would sit, the CAI does not work on the MR with the SST Transmission.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew@AMS
Unfortunately do to the cooler being where the filter would sit, the CAI does not work on the MR with the SST Transmission.
Yet another part I can't get because of the SST. I guess I have no choice but to put the stock intake back in to lower my intake temps. With my current set-up my temps are between 131-161.

Maybe because I am a newbie but do you think these temps are too high too? Will these temps cause me to go to limp mode?

Last edited by Madrican; Sep 14, 2009 at 06:35 PM.