Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS powered T2 Evo SCCA season update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2010 | 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMS powered T2 Evo SCCA season update

Hey Guys!, i've kinda laid low waiting for the SCCA to give me the tires back which got approved on July 1, I just ran the first race since I got them at Beaverun this past weekend and got the win over a local guy who is very fast on that track in his Shelby GT Mustang with lots of allowances. Ive been working on the hopping issue that plagued me at the Runoffs and seem to have most of it figured out but still need to do some more tuning to get it just right. I have Pocono coming up on the 15th then its off to the Runoffs. The AMS tuned motor is still running great with more than 23k miles on it. I had a fellow competitor who is a multiple time national champion come up to me after the race to ask me how built my motor was to handle all the abuse and yet provide all the power, I think he was pretty shocked when I told him everything and I mean everything is not only stock (per scca rules anyways) but that I have never touched the motor other than changing the oil, adding an OEM style air filter, putting in new spark plugs once a year (even though they looked perfect) and putting in a turbo inlet restrictor which is as simple as removing the intake and popping it in the turbo inlet. Obviously I have a great tune I told him-he is now a believer. Although Ive been somewhat quiet this season, Ive run 5 races so far this year and have won 5 times . In the past 2 seasons (09-10) I have set or reset the track record 5 times to include the Road America Runoffs record in both quals and the race. I guess the car is still running pretty darn good! If youre near Pocono stop in and watch the race or Ill see you at Road America.

Marty
Old Aug 3, 2010 | 06:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Luck!!