Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Turbo kit?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2004, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do the headers come with braces to support the weight of the turbo so the headers do not crack?
Old Jul 23, 2004, 12:12 AM
Evolving Member

Have you done any tests on the 2871 turbo? I would like to see where this turbo hits full boost compared to the 3071. Also, I like your turbo kit a lot, but do I have to buy your exhaust system w/ it. I have the Vishnu turbo back, yet I don't think it would work w/ your setup. This is where I am trying to decide over the ATP kit or yours. I guess it all comes down to how easy the intall would be for me to do because custom fabrication for an exhaust is out of the question, and selling my exhaust is not an option for me.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 07:28 AM
AMS
Former Sponsor

The braces just got finished up last week. I'm sending them out to current customers along with an instruction sheet. Turbo kits that go out now are fully assembled with the bracket already in place.

Since there are so many exhausts out there we made our downpipe fit our cat-back/test pipe. It is not hard to adapt to other exhaust if you can find a reputable muffler shop. I can even supply the flanges, slip joints and band clamp for DIY'ers if needed. If needed we can make adapter test pipes to fit major brands of exhaust. For locals we can do a free adapter test pipe to jig it up. Other than that the kit is a dream to install, no fab work or guessing where parts go. Jeremy Stanton just installed his and he was very happy with how easily it went together.

The 3071 are still a little bit out but I do have some data on the 2871. One of our autocross customers runs one and he attests that spool up is the same as the stock turbo. The 3071 will spool maybe 100-150 rpm slower but should give another 20-30whp more on the top end.

-Martin
Old Aug 5, 2004, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AMS
The braces just got finished up last week. I'm sending them out to current customers along with an instruction sheet. Turbo kits that go out now are fully assembled with the bracket already in place.

Since there are so many exhausts out there we made our downpipe fit our cat-back/test pipe. It is not hard to adapt to other exhaust if you can find a reputable muffler shop. I can even supply the flanges, slip joints and band clamp for DIY'ers if needed. If needed we can make adapter test pipes to fit major brands of exhaust. For locals we can do a free adapter test pipe to jig it up. Other than that the kit is a dream to install, no fab work or guessing where parts go. Jeremy Stanton just installed his and he was very happy with how easily it went together.

The 3071 are still a little bit out but I do have some data on the 2871. One of our autocross customers runs one and he attests that spool up is the same as the stock turbo. The 3071 will spool maybe 100-150 rpm slower but should give another 20-30whp more on the top end.

-Martin
The kit was gravy to install. Quality is top notch here, unlike some other kits I've seen .