Notices

Got ticket in Ontario, Burlington, on QEW

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2005, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good find, Joe. If you ever become a lawyer, I'll call you to bail me out of prison. hahaha
Old Apr 12, 2005, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

btw.. how much you want for your civic hatch dr fob?

-joe
Old Apr 12, 2005, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

I was hoping to get $4500.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

pm me the details.. that's USD?

-joe
Old Apr 13, 2005, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

I was hoping to sell locally in Cleveland, but thanks for your interest anyways.

Here's the link:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...sp=y&cardist=0
Old Apr 14, 2005, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

TRD, the cops are bad in the Toronto - Hamilton sections of all 400 series and the QEW. Though I have had a stupid ticket like this and I went to fight it and won. If you show them that you have the correct insurance they will drop that, or at least make you only pay the "victim fine surcharge" which is around $10-$20 depending on the ticket type. As for the passing on the shoulder business, you can request to talk to a justice of the peace which is before actually taking it to court and they might decide based on the circumstances that they will drop or lower the ticket. Since you got it in Burlington then you have to go to the courthouse on the south service road between Brant street and Guelph line on the north side. It is a set of 3 (i think) beige buildings on their own, there is a plaza on the corner of south service and Brant with a Tim Horton's in it and the entrance to the courthouse is almost right beside the plaza entrance. You want the furthest building from the entrance. If you walk in and are nice with them you will get further, trust me!! I will be home from France in mid May if you want me to show you where or to come with you. If not, good luck man!
Old Apr 14, 2005, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Damian...good to hear from you.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 02:51 AM
Evolving Member

yeah, I've been lost in France since September! I haven't had much time apart from my studies in order to surf the forums anymore
Old Apr 15, 2005, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

they changed the whole procedure (at least in markham / richmond hill / north york area)

you don't go to the court house to talk to the justic of the peace any more and if you do, they won't lower or change your charge..

you have to call the court house and get an appointment with the procecutor and they will talk to you about the charge.. you can then pled your case and see if they drop it or change the charge.. if that meeting fails, you still have the option to go in front of a judge

-joe
Old Apr 19, 2005, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sillypuddy
they changed the whole procedure (at least in markham / richmond hill / north york area)

you don't go to the court house to talk to the justic of the peace any more and if you do, they won't lower or change your charge..

you have to call the court house and get an appointment with the procecutor and they will talk to you about the charge.. you can then pled your case and see if they drop it or change the charge.. if that meeting fails, you still have the option to go in front of a judge

-joe
thanks joe. the most useful info!!!