Notices

Just got back from Vancouver, BC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2006 | 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

You can always tell who's from Calgary and who's a foreigner when you walk around the university campus. All the natives are walking around in t-shirts and a light jacket while the exchange students/out of towners are wearing parkas, gloves and hats.
Old Jan 2, 2006 | 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SEVEN
I dont know where to begin, but i am not going to say much about guns and ****, cause will turn into silly discussion that wont end....the only thing i am going to say about guns is that we , USA have to much guns and gun control in this country is a joke.

I was in Vancouver and Victoria during the summer and is just beatifull, lovely place to be. I travel al lot and i will have to say that Canada is by far the best country i have been 2...been in Toronto and Montreal 2. Very peacefull, great people, great place to visit, lots to do etc, is just awesome....thats why i am moving there in less than 2 years

2 bad my EVO cant go with me ...but i'll get an STi then
In 2 years the Evo X will probably be out, and I don't remember seeing a FMIC on it. Maybe you can just get an Evo X when you move up
Old Jan 2, 2006 | 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

FMIC isn't a big deal, there are a few people who have evos in Canada, I'm sure if you asked really nicely they'd tell you how they did it.
Old Jan 2, 2006 | 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Vancouver's nice, only thing I don't like is the rain, its a wet city. I always find it funny how people from south of the border talk of canadian winters, I've driven in 3 Calgarian winters and I've never had winter tires. There were days last year when buses were going sideways down the road and my all seasons were perfectly fine.
I drove my BMW in Germany both years with all-seasons. It wasn't a problem at all. I didn't have all-seasons for my Evo and Falken Azenis RT-615's don't really have much in the way of sipes on them, so I figured some speed-rated snow tires were a good option so I'm sporting Hankook W300 Icebears this winter. I got to try them out because it snowed in Portland about 3-4 weeks ago, and man they work awesome! They grip a lot better in the wet than my RT-615's as well. I can hardly break them loose in the rain, whereas my RT-615's would get me sideways at will.
Old Jan 2, 2006 | 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Vancouver's nice, only thing I don't like is the rain, its a wet city. I always find it funny how people from south of the border talk of canadian winters, I've driven in 3 Calgarian winters and I've never had winter tires. There were days last year when buses were going sideways down the road and my all seasons were perfectly fine.

Yeah just like Seattle...rains a lot. I guess Calgary is like Ontario in winters then...its not that bad....i have heard that in Quebec is worst, but not sure on that
Old Jan 2, 2006 | 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by machron1
In 2 years the Evo X will probably be out, and I don't remember seeing a FMIC on it. Maybe you can just get an Evo X when you move up
Hmmmm....EVO X with no FMIC???....ewwww!!!!!......LOL

Maybe the EVO X will make it to Canada....2 bad they cant get this awesome car up there, hope that changes.

Sorry for going off topic here a bit...but i remember the first time i went to Canada i saw the Acura EL.....i said to myself WTF???....LOL...looks kind of cool actually
Old Jan 2, 2006 | 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Alberta is pretty bad for winters since we're a central mountain province. Our winters are dry and cold normally, this year just seems a little weird. Last year we had a few days where the temperature dropped below -30 celsius in the day, it was so cold that my transmission fluid was frozen. I think the worst winters are probably either in Quebec or Manitoba. Churchill Manitoba is the town famous for having polar bears, if that helps put it in perspective.
Old Jan 2, 2006 | 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Alberta is pretty bad for winters since we're a central mountain province. Our winters are dry and cold normally, this year just seems a little weird. Last year we had a few days where the temperature dropped below -30 celsius in the day, it was so cold that my transmission fluid was frozen. I think the worst winters are probably either in Quebec or Manitoba. Churchill Manitoba is the town famous for having polar bears, if that helps put it in perspective.
Polar Bears?...Damn!!!
Old Jan 2, 2006 | 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Even here we get black bears, cougars, deer, coyotes, the odd moose and the odd wolf.
Old Jan 3, 2006 | 05:24 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Wow, the arguments of Guns vs No Guns is quite funny to me. It really shows how different upbringings and different influances change people perspectives.

Back to the current topic....I have penguins on my driveway in the morning...They seem to like my Igloo, something about the design of it I guess.
Old Jan 3, 2006 | 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

FMIC isn't a big deal, there are a few people who have evos in Canada, I'm sure if you asked really nicely they'd tell you how they did it.
LOL there is a ~5 page post on how you might get an Evo registered in Canada legally, but basically it boils down to "you can't do it because the government says so." Governments never want you to have fun I guess a few people snuck it in before it was blacklisted but now you can get them in only for off-road/race/show use only.

Last edited by machron1; Jan 3, 2006 at 06:08 AM.