Notices

So Many Haters

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2008, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just watched local news about GPS theifts in toronto. it seems like a very hot item to steal now. becareful everyone.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sucks man...
Old Feb 11, 2008, 06:46 PM
Former Sponsor

reminds me of a story from my other car club days, this one was good, you know the Cell phone connected Car alarms, someone messes with your ride, it sends a page to your car starter/remote. We eating in a resturant, he switches his alarm to silent on the car and loud page.

it goes off. he is like wtf, yo let ssee whats going on with my car. lol mother f'er was trying to steal his Airbag. lol whole car club storms his ***, roll his car over as he trys to run away and ummmm well i wont go on.

Alarm system now a days is so important, I am glad that the car starter and car alarm modules , it might not have saved your GPS, but its good insurance and peace of mind. Another thing someone might want to consider is a custom starter kill switch, Club RSX in the past 2 years has had a rash of thefts.

Hydro, sorry for your loss man feel ya

if you run into them again, serious beat down is in order
Old Feb 11, 2008, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

yea curtis, that why i returned mine. afraid something like that is gonna happen. install a cam outside ur house door pointing at ur garage so u will catch everything on tape from now on.

if you ever find out who did it, u know who to callv:@ . lol.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

The worst part is that violated feeling when you first see it. Especially when this happens in YOUR driveway. This happened to me too. : (

at least it was insured! (did insurance co cover the "mounted" gps unit?)
Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:04 AM

if this makes you feel any better... today while driving down yonge street some lady was trying to cut into my lane... i had to steer left quickly to avoid her hitting me; and as i turned left i guess i oversteered and i complete lost control of the car, spun 360 3-4 times with oncoming traffic, then aimed my car for a snow bank. hit it sideways, no frame damage but suffered a busted fog and a completely busted bumper. got quoted for about 1800 for a new bumper and repairs.

worst thing i couldnt get the lady's plate, my vision was blurred the moment my car started spinning

talk about a ****ty day for lancer owners..
Old Feb 12, 2008, 05:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rontam90
if this makes you feel any better... today while driving down yonge street some lady was trying to cut into my lane... i had to steer left quickly to avoid her hitting me; and as i turned left i guess i oversteered and i complete lost control of the car, spun 360 3-4 times with oncoming traffic, then aimed my car for a snow bank. hit it sideways, no frame damage but suffered a busted fog and a completely busted bumper. got quoted for about 1800 for a new bumper and repairs.

worst thing i couldnt get the lady's plate, my vision was blurred the moment my car started spinning

talk about a ****ty day for lancer owners..
Damn that sucks Ron! Your insurance shoukd cover that though. My deductable is $500, so my insurance wouldn't to **** but raise the the price. I could've went somewhere that costs $500 to get it fixed, but if the price of insurance would go up i'd rather not bother.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

I have a question for the 08 lancer owners, or anybody that know about the 08's. Is there a safty code for a power windows, to protect against rolling the window up on your fingers. Because know after the repair the window has to go up in intervals, it goes down one shot going up you have to pull the button 4-5 times first to make it go up. The window guy said there is a code and that the car might fix itself, or I would have to get it reprogramed by mitsubishi $$$.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 07:06 AM

damn... that sucks man... i know the feeling when that ish happens on your driveway... factory alarm wont go off unless the door is opened... if you find out about the codes let me know. I wonder if that is one of the things the factory navigation package lets you control on your own. Apparently with it you can change the way your doors unlock with the sensors too
Old Feb 12, 2008, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
The guy wasn't a "hater", he just wanted your GPS unit to have/sell (probably for drugs).
A friend of mine has a similar story to yours evo_soul. A rather well connected associate of his was having drinks with his friends when his car got stolen. He has GPS on the car though. He gets his people together and they go to the guys house. The conversation goes like this
Guy: "Do you happen to have a black corvette in your garage?"
Thief: "No, why would I?"
Guy: "Well my buddies are taking a look right now so you better hope my cellphone doesn't go off to tell me they found it"
Thief: "It's not there dude"
Cellphone goes off
Guy answers phone: "So it's there eh?"
Old Feb 12, 2008, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
The guy wasn't a "hater", he just wanted your GPS unit to have/sell (probably for drugs).
A friend of mine has a similar story to yours evo_soul. A rather well connected associate of his was having drinks with his friends when his car got stolen. He has GPS on the car though. He gets his people together and they go to the guys house. The conversation goes like this
Guy: "Do you happen to have a black corvette in your garage?"
Thief: "No, why would I?"
Guy: "Well my buddies are taking a look right now so you better hope my cellphone doesn't go off to tell me they found it"
Thief: "It's not there dude"
Cellphone goes off
Guy answers phone: "So it's there eh?"

I would have paid money for the priveledge to videotape the beating that took place directly after that phone call.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Well as a general rule, if there's a very nice car parked in a bad part of town, it's probably not a good idea to screw with it.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 10:15 AM
Former Sponsor

well my story had a strange ending, the guy pressed charges, and it actually got to court. he played the case that he was minding his own business, and this game of unruley gangster like group starts ruffing him up. lol
as soon as he is done giving that to the judge, we pull out the video off my friends camera, of us rushing out of the resturant, and got the records from the car alarm gps company of when the alarm was triggered.
chargers we dropped/thrown out,
car insurance company was really cool, they paid for everything, even the lawyers for us.

the video we had stopped short of when we actually got up to the guy? lol we told the judge video memory ran out, and we have no idea how his car got rolled over ?

lol
Muahah

anyways getting back on subject, it sucks when people break into cars, especially when its brand new and you know you car about your car. its a terrible feeling.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 05:41 PM

funny thing is... i have heard that story before and it's as funny now as it was back then