Notices

Update

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:12 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

Originally posted by Dr Crash
jeff, nice to hear from you....haven't gotten a PM or seen you in any threads for the past while....thought you were abducted or something!!! hehe

NAHHHH I haven't been abducted...Just was REALLY busy the past two weeks. I had to drive my brother to Ottawa because "my parents told me to" and I couldn't fit all the **** in the Z24....the Lexus is up at the cottage it could've fit all the **** in it, but haliburton is kinda the opposite way of Ottawa...well at least out of the way.....so I was forced into taking the Lancer.....I let her REALLY stretch her legs for a while....we were going up some 4 lane (2 lanes each direction) highway and I just decided to open it up....not a gradual open up either...I mean turn off radio, ac, close sunroof and windows and just WOT!!! **** man it just flied from 120 to 180.....anyways I went hard at 180 for about 5 mins before I lost my ***** and got scared.....

After that whole ottawa fiasco I had to strip the car of removable parts so it could go for a "visual" inspection of the insurance company....i'm stupid and t-dot lancer is smart....he did the visual after the skirt package was on and immediatly after he bought the car......i did it in mid-august, 3 months after i bought the car and $5000 in mods later and the cooperators KNEW it was modified (thanks to those big shiny rims AGAIN) so I had to strip the thing from top to bottom and bring it down essentially close to stock....oh btw my GReddy Evo Cat-back is stock from the factory if any insurance company asks .......another thing that came in handy is the MAS hooks right up to the CAI....so the black box in the middle of the CAI says Mitsubishi Motors (once again easily passed off as stock)....what does AEM stand for...according to me Advanced Engines Mitsubishi......

Some other things to take note of....Sparco harness, pedals and shift knobs were all "factory options" wouldn't that be nice eh? She was gullible....."OH and it came lowered" or in my own words "lowered? what are you talking about that thing looks like a 4x4"...........one thing that she did notice that i got caught on was the antenna....WTF she insisted that wasn't original because she told me her son with a golf switched his to and S2000 antenna too....

Anyways so the Lancers put away for 8 ****in months... I'm back at Law School in London (during the week only) and my girlfriend is gone to Laurentian in Sudbury so my friday and saturday nights are going to suck *** for the next 8 months ......"hey spool why don't you stay in London for the weekends?" "RIIIGHT cuz I want to hang out with undergrads at the CEEPS and blow all my mod money on booze and become a fat-*** so I can't fit in these sweet Brides I have my eye on and I'll have to opt for fat kid racing seats"

Ummmm what else....ugh ya the Z24 went to a different bodyshop to be TOTALLY redone because John's Unique ****ed it up so bad when they originally tried to repair it back in spring 2001 (went back 10 times for paint or adjustments) so ya its working perfectly now except for this weird growling noise under the hood....i think theres some exhaust leaking or the manifold isn't lined up......it's really annoying....I can't pass it off as headers or an intake because it diffent that that sound....so ya I still need to fix that. I'd try to live with it....but i like to roll with the windows down and the exhaust fumes tend to make me dizzy

Finally I have sent Dave@RPW a **** load of money for an engine I'm buying for the lancer......more to come on that. Let's just say the 6a12 wasn't enough......2.5L mivec hybrind? OUCH that hurt my wallet.......

So for those of you who were wondering "when is his money going to run out" ughhhh NOW....cuz im broke, the engine is being done as we speak (literally cuz its 1156pm now....and xxxx am aussie time...unless they don't work saturdays) got some bolt on goodies for the engine included...headers....computer....down pipe...pistons.....no intake though WTF?!?!?! ya i need to find one........

OH BTW my AEM intake will be for sale next spring......or you can just by the engine and get an intake for free

Ok i'm out....got to sleep...errrr study.....errr masterbate....errr drive to sudbury and get some
Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

dam you have been busy. sorry to hear about the insurance ****. what engine did you end up getting???? is it the hybrid 4g94???
Old Sep 5, 2003, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

and i thought i was busy !!! can't wait to see the lancer in the spring with it's new powerplant, that thing will definitely go!

t-dot: the engine he is getting is a bored out 6 cyl Mivec denoted as the 6A12. originally it was 2.0L and now it is going to be a 2.5L!! complete with internals, a fully adjustale computer, and other goodies.

since we are on the topic of "watcha been up to", i have been slowly putting in work on my stereo making a custom fibreglass enclosure for 4 subs, 3 amps, processor, etc. i will show everyone at the next meet. btw, when is that??? Jeff, i know that you had suggested a while ago to have meets on the 2nd sat of every month which would be next sat. anyone have an opinion on this??
Old Sep 6, 2003, 07:51 AM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by Dr Crash

t-dot: the engine he is getting is a bored out 6 cyl Mivec denoted as the 6A12. originally it was 2.0L and now it is going to be a 2.5L!! complete with internals, a fully adjustale computer, and other goodies.
Crash, I just wanted to correct you on something...here's an explanation from Dave@RPW

I have to agree with regards to the Naturally aspirated vehicles this motor rules. Best of all we do a modified engine where we merge a 6A13 2.5 V6 bottom end to the Mivec 6A12 Cyl heads and create a 2.5 litre 190kw engine with stock components. Awesome is the word.

Other mods you can do of course is more aggressive camshafts, our specific made header kit for these conversions, larger throttle body or a twin throttle body the list goes on.

With the full treatment this engine can create an easy 240 - 250kw at the flywheel with the 2.5 conversion on the bottom end.

Speak to the rest and buy from the best.
Racing Performance Works - www.rpw.com.au
David Thomas

So thats a 6a13 2.5 V6 Bottom End and a Mivec 6A12 Head........I guess the Honda Equivalent (for those of you who need some parellels drawn) would be a CRV Bottom and a Type R top.

Essentially what you get from this hybrid engine is the high-revs hp and top end of the Mivec, it's an FTO head(7500 rpm....i'll need a new guage cluster I guess.....) and the TQ and displacement of a Galant bottom end)......what this will mean is that have the low power of something like a v6 Stang: hard pull, lots of torque and the higher-end power of a Honda....

As I mentioned I needed a new ECU so I popped for a Haltech, grabbed some headers and pistons as well......

How much did this cost? "I'll never tell", kidding....let me put it this way:

The Standard 6A12 DOHC Mivec swap including a Haltech computer and labour so this is around $3500.00 US$.

Add another $2000 US for new gaskets, seals, timeing belt, tensioners, custom header and dump pipe (downpipe?), engine mounts and tranny.

Frieght is $550.00 sea freight or $1000.00 Air Freight (I opted for Sea since im in no rush)

So essentially I guess $7500 CDN for the normal 6a12 swap.......I added a different bottom end.....you can guess the rest and see why i'm broke.

But in the end I'll have close to 300whp or about 321 at the flywheel (kw to hp is 1.34)

Easily worth $10k and much much MUCH better $ per hp than any turbo kit available, regardless of stage 1 or upcoming stage 2

eg. RRM Stage 1 costs $5400 CDN
Straight 6a12 swap with ecu and labour costs $5400 CDN

RRM Stage 1 is 180 whp with intake and exhaust, LSD AND FMIC
6a12 Swap is 190kw (254 crank hp) or lets say about 190whp

When it's all said and done where can you go with the RRM kit? Upgrade the pistons, upgrade the yet to be produced other internals, upgrade the fuel component...essentially follow boeturbo and get 250whp for $8000 US or like $11140 CDN.....

Where can you go with the swap.....well theres internals, lsd, intake and exhaust (oh yaaaaa that whp was made without the intake and exhaust *sarcasm*) and swap the bottom end.....

Crash and I worked out some figures and I ran them by dave at RPW.....500hp is realistic for the hybrid engine and he agrees......whats realistic with the Lancer's 4g94....well if you want to spend $10,000 for 250whp go for it but remember the exchange rate from CDN to US will always make you behind the other guys down south because your intake cost $350 and buddies cost $190.

RRM is building a "drag lancer" it's in one of the threads...when it's all said and done im sure it'll be hella tyte and hella fast all stripped and turbo'd and ****....probably cost them $50,000 to do it up....and unless they swap the engine so they can up the boost....or get some serious internals (which really wouldn't help because "the 4g94 block is **** regardless" - quote from pretty much every guy i've asked).....my guess is they'll probably run 12's with some crazy turbo set up, internals, a 2nd stage lsd, a different tranny set up and 12 or 13 psi.

I'm impressed but not envious...because when it's all said and done I'll have an built N/A engine openning a can of 350whp whoop-*** on people while they'll have a 350 whp turbo engine.......the difference.....i still won't haven't added Nitrous or attempted to add a turbo. What's Nitrous and a turbo worth on a 2.5L engine? probably quite a bit more than a what nitrous and a turbo offers on what is an essentially bored out 1.8L sohc non-mivec.

2.5L DOHC 24V Mivec + Turbo + NOS v. 2.0L SOHC (16v?) + Turbo +NOS

What's better? Don't forget to factor in the fact that the 4g94 can still only run 12 psi reliably, whereas the FTO engine come is in a turbo and twin turbo variation and runs 12 psi stock.

But hey.....you guys can be the judge 365 days from now when the RRM Drag Lancer is done and My swap is completed and fully broken in...........hunting season will begin.

Last edited by i_love_spool; Sep 6, 2003 at 07:58 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2003, 07:59 AM
Account Disabled

Damn that sounded cocky.....let me just clear things up.

RRM Drag Lancer Great........but I think the swap is a better option IMO.
Old Sep 6, 2003, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

so for 6g's cdn you will end up with 300whp to sum it all up. I think it is time to start saving my pennies.
Old Sep 6, 2003, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for correcting me Jeff!! hehe, i could have gone through my pm's and found that to make the right post but i was way too lazy :P anyway, love the idea, glad i thought of it!!! HA had to throw that in! can't wait till it's done and walk ****ty hondas, vws, bmw, etc....
Old Sep 6, 2003, 06:36 PM
Account Disabled

i cab awgree wit you man i be a fas car go reazly tigh n hyp i can waif for be here an win fast ye!!!