Notices
View Poll Results: Which one should I do?
Engine Swap
75.00%
Suspension, Interior, Brake, Wheel, Exterior Upgrades
25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2003, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im not on a conquest. Ill be the first to admit I do not know it all. I just get pissed off when people are ignorant, and just being rude. Boe, well me and Boe agree to disagree, which I think provides for some entertainment. Id be the first to take him out for a round of beers if he ever was in the midwest though. (Come on, 13 second Lancer, how can ya not cheer the guy on) Spool though seems to want to start fights, especially with Zlancer. (man I suck with names) Its not cool.

Back to the point of the thread, I seriously am not trying to prove anyone wrong, I want to see the swap in a Lancer/Cedia. Spool talked about the ease of the swap, now I want to see it.

See the issue here was created by many people before Spool. I remember countless people coming to these boards asking about 4G63 availibility and how they were going to swap it into their Lancer. Not one of those people, after getting in a huge shouting match with me and others, has ever come back or updated the "project." They put up a huge fight and didnt even have the courage to come back and say, "ya know what, I was wrong......" I think thats sad. I just see this situation turning out to have the same ending......
Old Oct 1, 2003, 08:31 AM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by Tristar Racing
Most of us educated Lancer owners know about RPW. Second, I still have not seen this V-6 in a Lancer. Third, I_Love_Spool, you have to one of the most annoying posters on these boards. You act like you know it all, when quite frankly, you dont. You come with this wealth of "Lancer knowledge" when Canada has had the car for only what, maybe 6 months? Like I said, show me a Lancer/Cedia with that engine in the car, running, and Ill pipe down. Oh yea, I want to see how much fab work was done for the swap too. No way is this just a "drop in" engine......

As for RRM over RPW, both companies have good products, its just a hell of alot easier to get a hold of Rob and ask product info than it is Dave.....
How about you fly down to Australia and I'll stick your head in the engine bay of one and close it repeatedly on your head because you obviously know nothing else other than all about RRM. Looking at your car you appear to be the poster boy for RRM.

Because your a Mech Engineer you think your the GOD of tuning, when really your pathetic attempts at detering me from the swap just show how sad your mechanical knowledge is.

Of course there is fab work, and it's included with the swap. For the same price RRM offers there turbo kit I can get an engine assembly and all the applicable parts. Why you ask? It's called the exchange rate. RRM Turbo kit is almost $6000 CDN. And when it's all said an done I have what 180 hp? PFFFFFT $6000 at RPW gets me an engine and all the bolt-ons and 200hp.

Obviously you have no clue how to work a phone....because everytime I've called RPW I've spoke with Dave.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 08:32 AM
Account Disabled

Im not on a conquest. Ill be the first to admit I do not know it all. I just get pissed off when people are ignorant, and just being rude. Boe, well me and Boe agree to disagree, which I think provides for some entertainment. Id be the first to take him out for a round of beers if he ever was in the midwest though. (Come on, 13 second Lancer, how can ya not cheer the guy on) Spool though seems to want to start fights, especially with Zlancer. (man I suck with names) Its not cool.

Back to the point of the thread, I seriously am not trying to prove anyone wrong, I want to see the swap in a Lancer/Cedia. Spool talked about the ease of the swap, now I want to see it.

See the issue here was created by many people before Spool. I remember countless people coming to these boards asking about 4G63 availibility and how they were going to swap it into their Lancer. Not one of those people, after getting in a huge shouting match with me and others, has ever come back or updated the "project." They put up a huge fight and didnt even have the courage to come back and say, "ya know what, I was wrong......" I think thats sad. I just see this situation turning out to have the same ending......

Hey when it does fit....I'll rip up your car at englishtown if you have the *****....which I'm sure you don't.

And if it doesn't....I'll just suspend the engine from a crane and drop it on your car.....either way I win.

If your sooooo well informed then why don't you call up Dave and ask?

Last edited by i_love_spool; Oct 1, 2003 at 08:36 AM.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Show me pictutres chief, and Ill back down, Ive already stated that. Second, calm the **** down. Third, how am I a poster boy for RRM? Ask Andrew, ask Boe, Ive been critical of a few things in the world of RRM, I dont just jump on the ole bandwagon. That and I have a progress sway bar and a grill from RRM, Ill be damned if that makes me a posterboy for them.

Ok, lets play devils advocate for a second. Lets say the motor does fit. You realize the amount of weight your dumping into the car? Just checking, since it seems you have EVERYTHING else figured out.

And finally, you want to race? Let me get this straight, you want to race my car, which has some suspension mods and a noise maker (shortram intake) ? Oh yea plus I have an automatic. I should hope with an engine swap you could be me. If you lost, I would probably die from laughter.

Im so glad you turned this into a "mines bigger that yours" thread. And as for closing the hood on my head, please dont, that might hurt......
Old Oct 1, 2003, 01:11 PM
Account Disabled

Show me pictutres chief, and Ill back down, Ive already stated that. Second, calm the **** down. Third, how am I a poster boy for RRM? Ask Andrew, ask Boe, Ive been critical of a few things in the world of RRM, I dont just jump on the ole bandwagon. That and I have a progress sway bar and a grill from RRM, Ill be damned if that makes me a posterboy for them.

Ok, lets play devils advocate for a second. Lets say the motor does fit. You realize the amount of weight your dumping into the car? Just checking, since it seems you have EVERYTHING else figured out.

And finally, you want to race? Let me get this straight, you want to race my car, which has some suspension mods and a noise maker (shortram intake) ? Oh yea plus I have an automatic. I should hope with an engine swap you could be me. If you lost, I would probably die from laughter.

Im so glad you turned this into a "mines bigger that yours" thread. And as for closing the hood on my head, please dont, that might hurt......
1) If I HAD pictures I'd photocopy them and glue them all over your lancer, your house and your workplace cubicle.

2) Don't Swear - Mods don't like it

3) "I'm not the Poster-boy for RRM" Here's your mods...
RMR Short Ram Intake 7/10 0 USD
RMR Strut Tower Brace 10/10 0 USD
RRM/Progress Sway Bar Perches 9/10 0 USD
RRM/Progress Rear Sway Bar 10/10 0 USD
Eibach Pro-kit Springs 9/10 0 USD
RRM Grill

You look pretty RRM and RMR'd up...either that or they stole your car and vandalized it with RRM and RMR parts.

A 2.5L V6 is that much heavier than a Turbo'd 2.0 I-4....I bet. Negligible when it comes to power to weight ratio.

Finally I'd love to race your car on foot.....automatic fool

I'm going to have to raise this flag on you.....
Attached Images  
Old Oct 1, 2003, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Your raising a bs flag why? Also, you commented Im an RRM posterboy, then bring up RMR stuff. Thats not what you said before. Also, I know my car is slow, I even refered to that. Canadians must not be up on subtlety, huh?

Also, dont think that V-6 weighs more than a stock Lancer engine, perhaps you should do some homework, eh???

And finally, once again what does the bs flag have to do with anything commented on in this thread? Get a life, grow up, and show some proof of this swap in a Lancer/Cedia. If its possible, congrats. Your still an *** though......

To the mods of this thread : Yea, I swore, yea its off topic, but on the same token isnt he annoying you guys too?????LOL
Old Oct 1, 2003, 02:58 PM
cih

Go Spool !
Old Oct 1, 2003, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.rpw.com.au/ look for performance parts, 03 2.0l lancer, engine conversion. review and read the list, and do your homework before you flame canadians EH!!!!!!
Old Oct 1, 2003, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

I did, man. Look at the pics under that link, those are damn Mirage pics.

Right at the bottom of the page, same blue car. Like I said from the beginning, please, prove me wrong. I will have no shame in admitting I was wrong. I just dont see that engine in a Cedia/Lancer platform yet. Hey if the swap works, it helps everyone out......
Old Oct 1, 2003, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

Tristar: here's an idea, quit being a dick and just WAIT till the engine gets here and gets into Spool's car then ask him to show you. there is no sense in constantly asking to see it working when the engine is still being built in Aussie. when the engine swap is done Spool and i will be touring both of our cars to shows over the summer, so feel free to come check them out.

next, comparing the 4g63 engine swap to the 6a12 swap is just plain stupid. yes, everyone comes on this board and initially asks about a 4g63 conversion cuz that's the engine that everyone knows from the evo and eclipse/talon's and they see how much potential the engine's have. what they don't realize is that the 4g63 is backwards to ours for one and next it's made for an awd system which means that quite a bit of mods are needed in order for it to be compatable with our cars. i admit, that i myself looked into it when i first got my car as well cuz a couple of my friends have talons and i thought it would be cool. but upon searching i found rpw's website and low and behold their top pick was the 6a12 swap, hmmm. i didn't like the thoughts of a 6 in my car cuz it would be crammed and such so i looked at the 1.6L mivec swap which has been done by a couple guys in Aussie with great results. Spool wanted to go all motor, so that's what's happening.

next, Spool didn't say that the 6 didn't weigh more than the 4, he stated that it wouldn't be THAT much more when comparing power to weight ratios. this is a very good assumption based on the fact that it is a small 6 and a large 4 that we are comparing weights and power of.

and btw, the lancer has been in canada for a little over a year now, not the 6 months that you think. so let's try and think before we speak. thanks. not to mention that this and other forums give us the chance to talk with people that have had their lancer's for almost 2 years now, so we see all sorts of things other than the experiences of the few Canadian owners. i myself have asked lots of questions to many people concerning the lancer and as such have learned quite a bit without having to experience it first hand on my own. with this said there are still things that i have done that have enlightened others on this site that have had their car for twice as long as i have, so it's not like ownership time is directly proportional to car knowledge.

now i think i have said enough for the time being, i hope that both you and Spool will stop this bickering and everyone (including myself) will just have to sit and WAIT until the engine gets here and Spool puts it in. until that time there is no sense arguing about whether it will work or not, or who knows more about their cars or whatever else.

so i will leave by saying this: turbo's, superchargers, and engine swaps are not for those with automatics who happen to be behind the wheel when the car is driving, it is for those of us who drive our cars.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Dr Crash

so i will leave by saying this: turbo's, superchargers, and engine swaps are not for those with automatics who happen to be behind the wheel when the car is driving, it is for those of us who drive our cars.
Very grown up. Very grown up......

Ive wasted too much time with you morons. Good luck to all your screwed up canadian aspirations.......
Old Oct 2, 2003, 11:21 AM
Account Disabled

Confucius say "Baby conceived in back seat of automatic car grow up to be shiftless bastard."
Old Oct 10, 2003, 01:06 AM

I'm still confused on why you have to use a crane to lower your engine in your car. Engine must be heavy
Old Apr 19, 2004, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

why would you bring up a 6-month old dead post??
Old Apr 19, 2004, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

I guess someone voted which raised it from the dead.