Notices

Informal Talks with JRP and other Product Providers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2009, 11:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Informal Talks with JRP and other Product Providers

Tomorrow I am meeting with JRP to see if we can work out a formal agreement for lancer and evo products. for those who dont know, JRPonline is one of the largest whole performance parts distrubutors in Canada. at least on the east coast. Some argues their prices are high but that is easily made up by their ability to always have inventory, super wide selection, and great service.

I bought my INJEN intake from them during their Midnight madness sale for a ridiculously low price My job is to ensure that ridiculously lower prices happen more often for the lancer club lol

And that goes for other vendors who tailure to specialty segments, like tires and rims for example, or services. In the coming weeks I will be meeting with alot of people. That said, I will be looking to promote a few guys that will have the responability of dealing with vendors and member interests.

This goes for older generation lancers as well. Jeff and Iceman have been helpful in regards to the EVO segment and as EVO 8s and 9s start showing up, the first thing on their minds is going to be parts.

Cheers
Old Jan 21, 2009, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have ALOT of free time now, call me if you need me to do anything.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 05:54 AM

Nice soul hope to see some parts soon too bad the older ralliarts parts are harder to find and get >> how is the membership going to go?
Old Jan 22, 2009, 07:18 AM
Account Disabled

The most important thing in the minds of Canadian Evo owners will be this: "Does JRP stock AMS Parts?"

If not, they should. From what I can tell from lurking in all the Evo X forums, it's that AMS is the brand of choice, with Buschur/Works/Traditional Japanese brands being second.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 07:36 PM
raz
Evolving Member

how the talks go
Old Jan 23, 2009, 01:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by raz
how the talks go
Our talk went great, JRP is eager to get involved in the Mitsu community and we have already gotten the ball rolling on a few ideas.

Originally Posted by I <3 Spool
The most important thing in the minds of Canadian Evo owners will be this: "Does JRP stock AMS Parts?"

If not, they should. From what I can tell from lurking in all the Evo X forums, it's that AMS is the brand of choice, with Buschur/Works/Traditional Japanese brands being second.
To put it simply, YES they have a direct agreement with AMS.
As for as I know, JRP stocks everything I have asked them for thru the years. I dont ever recall them saying they dont have something. Maybe out of stock, but that generally comes in pretty fast

After our Photoshoot tomorrow and the Dyno Day on the 31st, I will post any pricing developments or deals that JRP may have for us in the near future.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 04:00 PM
Former Sponsor

I also forgot to mention, JRP has a product that they distribute that might be worth a gander. In the coming weeks, I will be evaluating it for the club and I will post my results. To take it one step further, i will be looking to get one of our club EVO guys to give it a try.

What am I talking about, that would be the Sprint Booster Product. I could attempt to explain how it works or re dish out what JRP's owner said to me, but I will turn it over to a PAS Mag article to do a better job at explaining.

http://www.pasmag.com/index.php?opti...sk=view&id=935
Old Jan 23, 2009, 05:28 PM

aww im going to miss the photo shoot and im the only old ralliart who's still comes out >> Hey soul is their anything good out for the 05 ralliarts? seem like most parts are mainly RRM

Last edited by RUBBERDUCKEY; Jan 23, 2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 06:38 PM
Former Sponsor

I am confident we can come to an agreement with JRP in the coming weeks in terms of general discounts and bulk order / group buy discounts JRP enjoys moving product so I think this will work very well And since they have the widest selection of stuff on the open market, you can find a ton of stuff for your RalliArt,
Old Jan 24, 2009, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
I also forgot to mention, JRP has a product that they distribute that might be worth a gander. In the coming weeks, I will be evaluating it for the club and I will post my results. To take it one step further, i will be looking to get one of our club EVO guys to give it a try.

What am I talking about, that would be the Sprint Booster Product. I could attempt to explain how it works or re dish out what JRP's owner said to me, but I will turn it over to a PAS Mag article to do a better job at explaining.

i have one, its a nice piece
Old Jan 24, 2009, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by evo_soul

You don't need to spend money on that, a tune can solve throttle response issues.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 09:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ambystom01
You don't need to spend money on that, a tune can solve throttle response issues.
lol true I am pretty broke as it is, but who isnt. But if JRP throws it at the car club for the right price. I might be lured into go a little deeper in to debt. That said, they are going to let me try it out. If it passes the threshold of performance, then I am sold. The reason why I consider this mod over a tune is because our CVT is kinda a dead horse when it comes to response. more so then an average car or manual.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
What I'm saying though is that you don't need to spend any money to improve throttle response. All this product is is a piggyback between the gas pedal and the ECU. Why not skip the middle man and modify the ECU directly using ECUFlash or something like that?
Old Jan 24, 2009, 09:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ambystom01
What I'm saying though is that you don't need to spend any money to improve throttle response. All this product is is a piggyback between the gas pedal and the ECU. Why not skip the middle man and modify the ECU directly using ECUFlash or something like that?
Nervous about flashing especially since Canadian Dealers seem to be militant about calling your warranty into question. plug and play is always a safe bet.
I am also eager to see how the plug and play mod goes with the RRM product coming soon. I was hoping to grab it before my dyno day next week.

Another reason why tuning wouldnt be a good idea right now, at least for me, is after my Single exhaust project is over I will be gearing up to turbo this cvt. Sooner or later I will have to step up to the tuning level and every time I add a major mod it will have to be tuned and retuned again.

which brings me back to the broke thing lol but who isnt

Last edited by evo_soul; Jan 24, 2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Soul, could u put up a review of the sprint booster after u try it. Like u, I'm interested in something to give my cvt a little more jump without messing with flashes and my warranty. Thanks

Quick Reply: Informal Talks with JRP and other Product Providers