Notices

EVO I Parts?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2009, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yah my engine layout is pretty similar, thanks. So I guess I could probably get most bolt-one products that are for a 1 or 2 G DSM?
Old Mar 4, 2009, 04:48 PM

Can you give me a link to that site Jay? I can't seem to find it on google.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 04:55 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
www.evo321.com
Old Mar 4, 2009, 05:04 PM

Perfect! Thank you so much that's what I was looking for.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JBonez
Yah my engine layout is pretty similar, thanks. So I guess I could probably get most bolt-one products that are for a 1 or 2 G DSM?
Yes. Any bolt on turbo for a DSM will work. I am using an Evo III turbo right now as I believe it is the best turbo for the money with pump gas. They're like $600 new over here. I'd look for all the Evo III parts I could, intake mani, ex mani, DP, until you are ready to move on to a Green or 50trim or FP30 or whatever.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

GPTourer thanks for the back-up, its common knowledge that the evo 1-3 parts are bolt ons for DSMs, i would know i had one lol, i also agree with the evo 3 big 16g, best turbo for the money, and you dont have to worry about your tranny like with bigger turbos
Old Mar 5, 2009, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by GPTourer
I understand that they swapped sides from III to IV. What I am telling you is that 1 and 2G turbo DSMs share the layout with the I-III Evos. LHD and RHD having nothing to do with it since all Evos VII on down are RHD yet they switched sides from III to IV.

Furthermore the 2G DSM has a 7-bolt 4G63 like the Evo I-III.

Here's a picture of the engine in MY 2G. Its engine is on the right, trans on left. Pop the hood on your Evo I and see that it matches...
based on the pic its obvious that you are speaking if you are standing infront of the engine, but sitting in the drivers seat then you would understand my statement made in the earlier post, all evo 1-3, galants vr4 90-92, and dsm eclipse etc come with this standard engine layout, this changed from the evo 4 up.

Last edited by blackchiney-8; Mar 5, 2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blackchiney-8
the evo 1-3 come with tranny on the driver side as these were made jdm right hand drive cars not for u.s. export, the dsm eclipse were left hand drive u.s. import hence the tranny on passenger side
This is what you said, and it is still wrong. It doesn't matter if you are in front of the car or behind it, driver side is driver side and passenger side is passenger side. Evos I-III have tranny's on passenger side just like my car. It has nothing to do with any of the car's being RHD or LHD and I am well aware of the swap from III-IV.

Last edited by GPTourer; Mar 5, 2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chabada15
GPTourer thanks for the back-up, its common knowledge that the evo 1-3 parts are bolt ons for DSMs, i would know i had one lol, i also agree with the evo 3 big 16g, best turbo for the money, and you dont have to worry about your tranny like with bigger turbos
Old Mar 5, 2009, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by GPTourer
This is what you said, and it is still wrong. It doesn't matter if you are in front of the car or behind it, driver side is driver side and passenger side is passenger side. Evos I-III have tranny's on passenger side just like my car. It has nothing to do with any of the car's being RHD or LHD and I am well aware of the swap from III-IV.
you dont understand what i am saying here, the evos that we have here are mainly right hand drive(jdm) cars, yours come as left hand drive, so if i sit in my drivers seat, the tranny is infront of me which is the same layout in the picture posted, so the statement you are making here that the tranny is on the passenger side irregardless of the driver side cannot be true, as for lhd its passenger side, and for rhd its on the drivers side
Old Mar 5, 2009, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Ah ha. Gotcha. I was tryng to convey they (evo 1-iii and dsms) were the same despite where the steering wheel is.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 07:23 AM

Nengun is a pretty good souce for harder to find parts for our cars as well & evo321 is great source too but if your gettin perforrmance parts source them locally from the 2g eclipses

Btw u should join evo321 forum as ots dedicated to the earlier evos

Last edited by cbrkp; Mar 9, 2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 10:15 PM
Zen

Originally Posted by JBonez
I'm looking to do some weekend racing with the car so I'm looking for parts like a blow-off valve, exhaust, intake filter, fuel system, etc. Also looking to get brembo or something similar as the brakes are stock from 1992.

I only have the one picture I got from the import site, but I'll give the Evo a wash and take some pics this week for you guys.
http://www.gdimports.com/images/1992lancerevo.jpg

None of that stuff is Evo dependent.

Here's a thread featuring an Evo undergoing alot of work.

http://www.wheelsjamaicahost.com/whe...?topic=69897.0

nb It's Evo then Evo II, Evo III. Using I is just a matter of clairty.