Notices

EVO I Parts?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2009, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EVO I Parts?

Hey, I've been looking around at most performance shops and I can't seem to find anywhere that would have parts for my Evo I GSR. Anyone have an idea where to look?
P.S. I live in Canada so I would have to order from somwhere online most likely.

Thanks for your time, hope this hasn't been brought up before.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

sorry cant help you out with the parts but thats awesome i havent seen anyone with an evo I thats crazy
Old Mar 3, 2009, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

^ same. u got pics?
Old Mar 4, 2009, 04:26 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What type of parts are you looking for?
Old Mar 4, 2009, 09:50 AM

I'm looking to do some weekend racing with the car so I'm looking for parts like a blow-off valve, exhaust, intake filter, fuel system, etc. Also looking to get brembo or something similar as the brakes are stock from 1992.

I only have the one picture I got from the import site, but I'll give the Evo a wash and take some pics this week for you guys.
http://www.gdimports.com/images/1992lancerevo.jpg
Old Mar 4, 2009, 09:57 AM

i believe you will have to custom order most of your parts from japan. North America never received the EVO I for sale, so I dont think any USDM shops / performance companies will have parts for your car

Best bet is to find a good connection in japan so they can source parts for you
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

evo 1-3 have the engine setup like the DSMs did, tranny on the passenger side, any DSM shop should be able to Fab up any parts you need like I/C pipes and an exhaust...any shop for that matter, use a universal core for the intercooler...pick up a 9 BOV and find out how you can get a tune, i have seen someone doing a mirage conversion to an evo 3 and they made adapter brakets and fit the evo 8-9 brembos on the front and the back...so it can be done
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by JBonez
I'm looking to do some weekend racing with the car so I'm looking for parts like a blow-off valve, exhaust, intake filter, fuel system, etc. Also looking to get brembo or something similar as the brakes are stock from 1992.

I only have the one picture I got from the import site, but I'll give the Evo a wash and take some pics this week for you guys.
http://www.gdimports.com/images/1992lancerevo.jpg
send me a list of all the parts you will need as the evo 1-3 uses the same set of parts, and we have plenty of them here and i have links in jamaica as well that can supply you with all you will need including tuning etc,
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Chabada15
evo 1-3 have the engine setup like the DSMs did, tranny on the passenger side, any DSM shop should be able to Fab up any parts you need like I/C pipes and an exhaust...any shop for that matter, use a universal core for the intercooler...pick up a 9 BOV and find out how you can get a tune, i have seen someone doing a mirage conversion to an evo 3 and they made adapter brakets and fit the evo 8-9 brembos on the front and the back...so it can be done
the evo 1-3 come with tranny on the driver side as these were made jdm right hand drive cars not for u.s. export, the dsm eclipse were left hand drive u.s. import hence the tranny on passenger side
Old Mar 4, 2009, 03:06 PM

I found a supplier in Japan that has parts that they say will fit with the Evo I. http://www.nengun.com/ They seem pretty credible and they have a large selection of parts.
Hey blackchiney, I'm not entirely sure what parts I want, I'm kinda working on saving up money to buy it all at once, plus I'm mostly a newb when it comes to mechanics. I'm looking to do some simple stuff with the engine and turbo, like blow off, injectors and intercooler. If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them as I'm assuming you have more knowledge on this then I do, thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by blackchiney-8
the evo 1-3 come with tranny on the driver side as these were made jdm right hand drive cars not for u.s. export, the dsm eclipse were left hand drive u.s. import hence the tranny on passenger side
That is wrong. LHD/RHD makes no difference in this case. Evolutions and DSMs, particularly 2G DSMS, share the same basic underhood layout. Engine on right(driver) transmission on left(passenger side).

Last edited by GPTourer; Mar 4, 2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 03:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is wrong. LHD/RHD makes no difference in this case. Evolutions and DSMs, particularly 2G DSMS, share the same basic underhood layout. Engine on right(driver) transmission on left(passenger side).
no its different. evos 1-3, i.e. 1st gen 4g63 come the other way around from the evo 4 up it changes.

you can try Trinidad, there a lots of evos here. also the BOV should be generic just weld the adapter on. for exhaust go custom, intake should not be difficult IMO. a walbro should work i have seen it done already.

also when trying to get parts tell then the 1st gen 4g63. it should help a bit.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 03:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no its different. evos 1-3, i.e. 1st gen 4g63 comes the other way around from the evo 4 up it changes.

you can try Trinidad, there a lots of evos here. also the BOV should be generic just weld the adapter on. for exhaust go custom, intake should not be difficult IMO. a walbro should work i have seen it done already.

also when trying to get parts tell then the 1st gen 4g63. it should help a bit.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rolly1818
no its different. evos 1-3, i.e. 1st gen 4g63 come the other way around from the evo 4 up it changes.
I understand that they swapped sides from III to IV. What I am telling you is that 1 and 2G turbo DSMs share the layout with the I-III Evos. LHD and RHD having nothing to do with it since all Evos VII on down are RHD yet they switched sides from III to IV.

Furthermore the 2G DSM has a 7-bolt 4G63 like the Evo I-III.

Here's a picture of the engine in MY 2G. Its engine is on the right, trans on left. Pop the hood on your Evo I and see that it matches...

Last edited by GPTourer; Mar 5, 2009 at 07:00 AM. Reason: "down are RHD" instead of or
Old Mar 4, 2009, 03:54 PM

The evo 1-3 are almost identical. and the DSM engine wise is the same, the trans cannot work in an Evo though. but most other engine bolt on parts can

check roadandraceengineering

Quick Reply: EVO I Parts?