Notices

First Impression: Sprint booster for EVO X

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up First Impression: Sprint booster for EVO X

Well, I want to thank EVOSOUL for all the work he did today at JRP and we able to put the Sprint booster to my EVO X today for the first time in Canada. I think
And let me tell you as soon as I put that gear into 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th...the response is very good the more I drive it the more I notice the difference. Throttle response is AMAZING, if you ask me Its definitely bang for the buck.

This is also available for the EVO X MR's too...If theres any GSR and MR X owner wants to be part of this please let me know PM me or EVOSOUL.

thanks!!
Old Mar 31, 2009, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to hear!
Old Apr 6, 2009, 04:52 PM

Definitely worth the $300 I paid for. It definitely woke up my car. So i showed it to my friends on Sunday and I didn't know one of my buddy who has a 350z also has one. We took it off on his car and tried with and without it. We mashed the pedal and definitely not the same. I can't believe even that 350z has throttle response lag , but once you have the SB on it the car woke up. ITS WORTH IT!.. I'm having a lot more fun driving my car now. Now even my buddy who has Yaris wanted one.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome...!!!
Old Apr 6, 2009, 05:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by johntango
Definitely worth the $300 I paid for. It definitely woke up my car. So i showed it to my friends on Sunday and I didn't know one of my buddy who has a 350z also has one. We took it off on his car and tried with and without it. We mashed the pedal and definitely not the same. I can't believe even that 350z has throttle response lag , but once you have the SB on it the car woke up. ITS WORTH IT!.. I'm having a lot more fun driving my car now. Now even my buddy who has Yaris wanted one.
it worked in his 350Z? really, its possible the tune is the same. I know The lancer auto is the same as the Jeep and Caliber, its possible that may extend to some nissans since alot of the platforms are compatible
Old Apr 6, 2009, 05:10 PM

No mine didn't work for the 350z he has his own for his car.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 07:22 PM
Former Sponsor

got ya
Old Apr 27, 2009, 03:45 AM
Evolving Member

Could you please explain
what is Sprint booster is?
How to buy one?
Is it possible to install one in Manitoba?
I really not happy with lag

Thanks.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 07:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Hassan!
Could you please explain
what is Sprint booster is?
How to buy one?
Is it possible to install one in Manitoba?
I really not happy with lag

Thanks.
Greetings Hassan, The short answer is. Sprint booster is a proven product that does one thing. It modifies your throttle curve which gives the driver more sensitive driving experience when it comes to throttle and the users demand for power. Basically there is a micro processor chip inside the module that connects in a plug and play fashion to your throttle pedal / throttle harness.

In terms of where to buy, Sprint Booster was made in europe by a Greek Company I think. In terms of North American Distribution, the right were aquired by JRPonline . JRP is one of the largest wholesalers of a lot of performance parts in all of Canada. Contact JRP and see if they have any stock... Tell them EVOSOUL sent ya and I think they might do a little something for ya (fingers crossed)

To answer your last question. The install is a breeze takes 30 seconds if you know what your doing, and about 5 minutes if you just cant figure out how to unclip the harness. Once your learn to take it out once it becomes really easy. The kit is 100% plug and play.

If this doesnt clear up the lag that you hate or your just not happy with it, then you can contact JRP and return it. Its basically free to try. But if your like me, once you put it in, you wont want to go back. lol I tried it for a week because i lent it to a friend who owns an EVO and I got all types of hell from the girlfriend. "why is it so slow" "what did you do?"

There are two threads that go back and forth between two camps. One group of people who perfer a more senstive throttle response, and those who believe its not a justified expense. If you want to get all caught up and think you can stomach the debate then the trail of threads starts first here
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ca...th-2009-a.html and then https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...does-work.html After reading those threads, it wont be needed to revive the thread
Old Apr 27, 2009, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Oh thank you so much for help, Really appreciate it.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Ty evo!!
Old Apr 28, 2009, 06:04 PM

have it on my g35 and i ****ing lovedd itt
totally getting this for the evo