Notices

Cheated by windsor mitsubishi dealer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2009, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheated by windsor mitsubishi dealer

I'll ignore how I find it out.
The thing is the MSRP of EVO GSR in canada is 417xx canadian $, but on my pink paper,I noticed it says the basic MSRP is 467xx,which is the price of EVO MR. I'm pretty sure I ordered GSR and I got the GSR.

So after including all taxs, fees and taking out the trade-in price of 18000,I'm still owning 40000.WTF!!!!

I got cheated right??
Old Apr 4, 2009, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like it. Dealerships do that sometimes, which is why you need to read everything before signing.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:04 PM

is there anyway to get the money back?? since I checked everything before I signed, but I didn;t remember that's the price.

and even I signed, it doesn't make any sense ppl will pay 5000 more than the msrp to buy a car ,right?
Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait so you paid 58000 for a GSR? If that's the case I would say you were had for sure.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

I know in the US with most contracts I believe you have the right to recision, which gives you 3 days to cancel ( other things involved but a rule of thumb). I am not sure about Canada.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:45 PM

Before you go off the deep end, go in and discuss with the general manager. Figure out exactly where you stand. IF you cannot work out things out with the dealer you can always contact OMVIC. Now, before you contact them make sure you know what you are talking about, because after all you as well as them signed the bill of sale.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

There's a guy on here from Saskatoon, SK who went to the dealership here and all the Evo X's are marked up $5000 over the MSRP. He ended up going to Vancouver to buy one because they didn't have the ridiculous mark up for no reason.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Same happened to me, medina charged me an extra thousand dollars and my bank didn't notify me until a month or so later, dealerships are terrible! I'm glad medinas closed, they can no longer do wrong to those shopping for a Mitsubishi!!!
Old Apr 4, 2009, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

You wrote the check didn't you?
Old Apr 4, 2009, 02:24 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure what the laws are like in Canada, so can't really give any advice. Sounds like it was either an honest mistake and the dealership may work with you. Or, they were trying to pull a fast one on you and it worked. You signed the deal.

Best thing you can do is go back to the dealership and tell them about the error and see if they will work with you. Good luck.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 02:47 PM

it's the finance guy

I had the same thing happen to me when I bought my MR 2 weeks ago. The finance guy put down 45,000 as the sticker price when it was actually 41,500. So after they deducted my trade in, downpayment and added taxes the amount to be financed was ridiculous. They almost got away with it. I stormed back in there and gave the finance guy a piece of my mind and he brought the price back down to where it was supposed to be. He almost got away with ripping me off for 8k. It seems like it's a universal trick for the mitsu dealers, I'm hearing more and more cases like this.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

I really don't think Mitsubishi has anything to do with "pulling the fast one's"! I do believe Mitsubishi should follow up on dealership regardless if it's independent or not!!! It just reflects a negative image toward Mitsubishi by letting these dealerships get away with it!
Old Apr 4, 2009, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

wow!

you really need to be careful when theyre going over the numbers! know what youre doing before you go in.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 04:42 PM

I had a friend there with me when I discussed the deal with the sales manager. Everything was all fine, I made a deal of 530/month for 60 months for trading-in my old 03 eclipse ($18000) with no dicount on EVO, but on the paper of my loaning bank sent to me, it says I loaned for 400xx CAD,after my calculation with the monthly payment, it's a 80 months terms loan. I think I was fooled by them again~~~ I clearly made sure when I sign my papers, it's 60 months term, and the numbers are all correct.

DK how this happened, I w'll figure it out after my final exam.
If I find out it's some kinda dirty work they are doing, I'll let everyone know.

Forgot to metion service department of windsor mitsubishi is kinda dirty,they were planning to charge me $280 for just changing two fuse of the head lights($3 each) ,they said the whole wire system was burnt ,odo meter light 's not working well ,but warrenty will not cover since I had the aftermarket HID. I took the car to my friend's place for a full diagnosis,he said "just need to change 2 fuse"~~~~~

I like Mitsu, I dun wanna those dirty ppl make the reputation of Mitsu down.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by mike100
You wrote the check didn't you?
I'm kinda stupid I think, I bought the car 4 month ago and I discovered it now

Quick Reply: Cheated by windsor mitsubishi dealer