Notices

Got A 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Brochure/Test Drive

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2003, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol i like what spool said but he is right about lots of things and he has a point about the the prices between the srt-4,evo and sti the srt-4 is cheaper and u can get more mods and **** before you get to the stock price of the evo or sti. I was thinking of getting a evo but in Canada its not gonna happen right now so im going to probably get a used car or a srt-4 or wrx
Old Oct 18, 2003, 02:30 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by MK-Mudvayne
lol i like what spool said but he is right about lots of things and he has a point about the the prices between the srt-4,evo and sti the srt-4 is cheaper and u can get more mods and **** before you get to the stock price of the evo or sti.
When I make comments I try to do it without bias. Honestly I'd LOVE to have an EVO, STI or SRT-4. Each of which has it's pro's and con's. But when it all comes down to it it's all about affordability and availability.

Cars in Canada are over-priced because of the ****ty exchange rate, and when the exchange-rate gets better cars don't get cheaper, so even if our dollar was worth as much as the US dollar, we're still going to pay more for cars.

It's great for people in the USA to go on about how X is **** and Y is "tha ****," but it doesn't work like that in Canada. We don't get all the cars that the US does (MR-S, Evo, GTO, Scion's) and they don't get like 2 we have (Toyota Echo Hatchback [Yay] and one year the Accord had a different bumpers and such [Yay]). We're disadvantage in availability AND affordability.

The fact is, manufacturers build cars aimed at the US market and overlook Canada because it's a smaller market, so they charge the perfect price down there, while we get hammered up here....honestly.....$25000 for a friggen four-door Yellow car with 15" rims and skirts, thats the price of a WRX in the states and $4000 short of an Evo. Rip-off. $25000 US would get you an SRT-4 with enough money left in mods to get it into the low 13's AND look good doing it. $25,000 CDN will get you pretty much a base econo car. Everyone knows how my car looks on here, and it's cost a f*ck-load to get it that way. Easily into the $30k's now....$3k alone on rims and tires, the same ones that would cost an American $1800.

Second thing is Mitsubishi are dumb****s when it comes to designing cars. How is it that EVERY other Mitsubishi passes the safe bumper standards in Canada, yet the Evo doesn't. No foresight, and totally oblivious to safety standards. YA you made it for the U.S. market, but what over-paid engineer didn't realize that a little bit stronger front bumper would get it here? And second why make a car that BARELY adheres to safety standards.

Beyond that they're cars have steadily gotten LESS desirable and MORE ugly since the early 00's. Look at all the hot cars they USED to have and compare that to now:

Then: 3000 GT and VR-4 AND a rare Spyder version, Evo 6; TME/Extreme, Evo 7; Extreme, Eclipse GST/GSX, hell even the RS and GS were nice with a turbo kit; FTO (Japan only, but still), Galant VR-4 and who can forget the Mirage....one body kit away from having it look like an Evo....smart as hell!

Now: Ugly N/A Eclipse I don't care about your stupid V6, it was ALWAYS about the 4G turbo or even the 420A N/A, Ugly Evo with cheap paint, crappy clutch (come on now, I have a friend that drag-launched his WRX daily and the clutch lasted longer and poor safety look at how f*cked up these things get from fender benders, No performance RWD car which is AMAZING because every other Japanese manufacturer is either, bringing back a legend, or a version of a legend (350z, Skyline, Supra, RX-8 etc) meanwhile Mitsu is OBVLIVIOUS to the high-performance sports car market. No performance mid-size unlike EVERY other Japanese manufacturer.

Pure down hill......

If given the opportunity to buy an Evo, sold by a Canadian Dealer, at the EXACT price it would cost in Canadian dollars, I don't think I would, simply because it isn't worth $40,000. On the otherhand IS a suped up Neon worth $32,000 after tax, well on face value, NO. But if you look at it compared to other hot compacts and performance cars then the answer is a resounding YES. It spanks any other car offered for the same price, and spanks or comes close to spanking cars worth close to $30k more!

What other company can say that they're little econo-box, which came from humble beginnings can have an IC-Turbo set-up with .4 more litres and then go out and embarrass an Mustang GT, 350Z, WRX, RSX-S, G35, S2000?...hell take your pick, there's a list compiled at SRTforums.com that lists EVERY N.A. car and truck that an SRT-4 can take out stock! And believe me it's impressive, who else can claim that? Let me count.....hmmmm Toyota Echo/Vitz 1.5 RS, nope, Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, nope, Mazdaspeed Protege, nope, Civic, in honda's dreams!

It's hard to find performance cars that are worth the money in our time, there are soooo many over-priced sports cars IMO. S2000, 350Z etc. And the only reason they are over-priced is exchange rate........

So as far as I'm concerned the SRT-4 is cool, and pending a SERIOUS build-quality issue in the 2004's (the 2nd yr of production, which means the kinks should be worked out), it deserves respect.

Last edited by i_love_spool; Oct 18, 2003 at 02:49 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2003, 02:53 PM
Account Disabled

p.s. Lying about your stock engine horsepower is also cool. Watch how a "Claimed" 230 hp engine makes roughly the same hp at the wheels:

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...5&pagenumber=1

It's a big deal to me, because no one does this anymore.
Old Oct 18, 2003, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by i_love_spool

First off.... We haven't seen you on the CDN forums in WEEKKKKSSSSS, Dr. Crash and I were just talkin about you at our last meet, how the mod is never around! You missed out my post-***** day where I replied to every thread in the forum....it was a wave of spool replies LMAO

Secondly, for the donuts is backwards ok? lol
Been moving and didn't have internet for a while.

Kudos to anyone that can do figure 8 donuts in reverse. That I'd like to see.
Old Oct 18, 2003, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

spool: i actually found that the cars here are cheaper than they would be after the exchange rate in $US. for example the OZ in the US starts at $15,857 and doesn't come with the spoiler. convert that to $CDN with the exchange rate a couple months ago and you get $22,993 CDN. Here, the OZ starts at $19,997 AND comes with the spoiler. so that's $3,000 cheaper buying it here in the great north with the bonus spoiler!! not to mention that they don't get the option of ABS either.
Old Oct 19, 2003, 08:37 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by Dr Crash
spool: i actually found that the cars here are cheaper than they would be after the exchange rate in $US. for example the OZ in the US starts at $15,857 and doesn't come with the spoiler. convert that to $CDN with the exchange rate a couple months ago and you get $22,993 CDN. Here, the OZ starts at $19,997 AND comes with the spoiler. so that's $3,000 cheaper buying it here in the great north with the bonus spoiler!! not to mention that they don't get the option of ABS either.
Um that's not really what I meant....but o.k.

Actually my point was Americans pay far less for there cars than we do dollar-for-dollar.
Old Oct 19, 2003, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

You dont have a pic of her... do you?
Old Oct 19, 2003, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

spool: what??

twin: pic of whom?
Old Oct 19, 2003, 09:45 PM
Account Disabled

ERRRR

US Lancer = 15xxx
CDN Lancer = 19xxx

We pay 4k MORE
Old Oct 20, 2003, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by i_love_spool
ERRRR

US Lancer = 15xxx
CDN Lancer = 19xxx

We pay 4k MORE
US lancer = 15,xxx AMERICAN dollars

CDN Lancer = 19,xxx CANADIAN dollars

if you look at the conversion rate it's about the same
Old Oct 20, 2003, 07:36 AM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by defeated26

US lancer = 15,xxx AMERICAN dollars

CDN Lancer = 19,xxx CANADIAN dollars

if you look at the conversion rate it's about the same
I am not talking about the conversion rate. I am talking about dollar for dollar.

You go out and earn X dollars an hour and I go out and earn X dollars an hour, who can buy the car first.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

we can, because they earn less on average than we do.

can someone from the US please indicate what minimum wage is for comparison purposes??
Old Nov 7, 2003, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

minimum wage here is 7.10, is the state of washington. so thats what, around 9 bucks canadian?
Old Nov 7, 2003, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by TwiNpnOy84
You dont have a pic of her... do you?
ok, were're on the 3rd page and only one request for a pic of the hottie @ the dealership? get a pic of the saleslady already! (hot & knows at least something about cars?!?! stop teasing us already!)
Old Nov 7, 2003, 11:04 PM
i45
Evolving Member

WTF?!!! 7.10?

Ours is 6.95, though its going up to 7.95 or so by 2004' which is hype.

Quick Reply: Got A 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Brochure/Test Drive