Notices

BUYER BEWARE! -- Markham Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2009, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BUYER BEWARE! -- Markham Mitsubishi

Buyer beware. I recently bought a relay from markham mistubshi, every was fine I paid and left. The following day I opened the relay to install it and this is what I got.

A broken relay i have yet to install nor done anything with. So I thought to myself this shouldn’t be a problem, I’ll just exchange it with a new one.

So I made my way back to markham mistubshi on the Monday (they close on the weekends) as I was about to exchange my part, Mike, the parts personal told me that I can’t return this, I told him I wasn’t returning it I just wanted one that was not damaged. He told me that he could do anything and that he will try to talk to the district manager to see if I can exchange this relay. (I think that it’s a load of BS who needs to talk to a district manager for a damage part?!?!)

I have already explained that I couldn’t of cause this, the bubble wrapping that it was in wasn’t damaged, the relay has never been installed, there are no marks what so ever on the casing of the relay. He told me that when he sells parts that are electrical he tells the customer to inspect them first. Too bad it was the service advisor that sold me the part and she never told me to inspect anything. I’m mad about this because I paid 60 bucks for nothing but trouble, and a paper weight.

I have already contact the fix ops manager and he basicly told me the same junk., next I guess I will contact mitsu hq but I don’t think anything will happen. Never in my life would I buy anything thing in this dealer again. I have been in the automotive trader for 10+years, licensed tech for 4 and it seems like I can’t find a mistubshi dealer that is good. I don’t understand why customer service at mistubshi dealers suck. I stop going into my selling dealer (where I bought my car) because the service advisor keeps on calling me on my cell phone to help him fix his own car. I guess I should of bought a sti instead.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 03:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you speak to the General Manager ?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

was the relay for one of the tsb cause that should be covered by warranty.

either way they wont refund cause they actually have to buy it from mitsubishi driectly. its not as easy as "hey I need one" and they ship it, its more like "hey I need one" "Ok pay me then ill ship it".

another reason why I'm not surprised that he has to talk to DM, we technically should be dealer manager, cause they will pay for the second one, then fight with mitsu directly over returning the damaged one in an attempt to get their money back. But still customer should be treated like gold. they are the ones keeping you in business and you want to keep their business.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Pure BS. Dealerships are turning into a real pain in the *** for these things.

Hope all is sorted out. GL.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
Did you speak to the General Manager ?
nope was not able to get a hold of him, seems like whenever i call he's busy or out of his office. I did talk to the fix ops manager and he told me too bad so sad.. it's funny how i have to order from a US dealer to get good service.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by aj_pierce
was the relay for one of the tsb cause that should be covered by warranty.

either way they wont refund cause they actually have to buy it from mitsubishi driectly. its not as easy as "hey I need one" and they ship it, its more like "hey I need one" "Ok pay me then ill ship it".

another reason why I'm not surprised that he has to talk to DM, we technically should be dealer manager, cause they will pay for the second one, then fight with mitsu directly over returning the damaged one in an attempt to get their money back. But still customer should be treated like gold. they are the ones keeping you in business and you want to keep their business.
no this is for the evo x it's not a tsb yet but people have been having this relay fail on them. I ordered the updated relay. I work at a dealer also, and it's funny how differently my dealer is compare to these small mitsu dealers. Customers are gold to us as for these guys they couldn't give two ****s about anyone.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
It's a known marketing tenet that it is far cheaper and more profitable to keep an existing customer than find new ones to replace customers that leave. I find it shocking that managers or owners of any car dealership would treat anyone so shabbily in this day and age of shrinking customer bases and collapsing consumer markets. Absolute retards. I am very lucky that Peterborough Mitusbishi treats me like my patronage matters.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 09:29 AM

Hey Untuned

Sorry to hear about you incident with Markham Mitsubishi, there are money ways of solving the issue as well, try to call the manufactoring company with your reciept and give them detail information off the incidents.

Or

create a incident report and send it or fax it to mitsubishi canada, go speak to the service manager, try to get some kind of comprise through with them, if Markham Mitsubishi is giving you diffuculties, you can all ways get the TLC batch( if you dont have one, join the crew) and go to the dealership we have the Alliance program with, scarborough has an excellent service team as well, maybe you can go speak to them tell them your situation they MIGHT be able to help your situation

if you have any question

Feel free to pm me, Evo soul, Absolute and Aj_pierce
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:00 AM

Go to Maple mitsu see if Darren can do anything for you. Parts useally have a warrenty and if you have recipt ect... it should be a breeze
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

There is nothing wrong electrically with that relay - that "damage" is purely cosmetic.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by untuned
Buyer beware. I recently bought a relay from markham mistubshi, every was fine I paid and left. The following day I opened the relay to install it and this is what I got.

A broken relay i have yet to install nor done anything with. So I thought to myself this shouldn’t be a problem, I’ll just exchange it with a new one.

So I made my way back to markham mistubshi on the Monday (they close on the weekends) as I was about to exchange my part, Mike, the parts personal told me that I can’t return this, I told him I wasn’t returning it I just wanted one that was not damaged. He told me that he could do anything and that he will try to talk to the district manager to see if I can exchange this relay. (I think that it’s a load of BS who needs to talk to a district manager for a damage part?!?!)

I have already explained that I couldn’t of cause this, the bubble wrapping that it was in wasn’t damaged, the relay has never been installed, there are no marks what so ever on the casing of the relay. He told me that when he sells parts that are electrical he tells the customer to inspect them first. Too bad it was the service advisor that sold me the part and she never told me to inspect anything. I’m mad about this because I paid 60 bucks for nothing but trouble, and a paper weight.

I have already contact the fix ops manager and he basicly told me the same junk., next I guess I will contact mitsu hq but I don’t think anything will happen. Never in my life would I buy anything thing in this dealer again. I have been in the automotive trader for 10+years, licensed tech for 4 and it seems like I can’t find a mistubshi dealer that is good. I don’t understand why customer service at mistubshi dealers suck. I stop going into my selling dealer (where I bought my car) because the service advisor keeps on calling me on my cell phone to help him fix his own car. I guess I should of bought a sti instead.

i feel your pain. i got my car there. biggest scammer ever!! all i can say to you now is to suck it up. they are a55holes.

glad it was just 60$ and nothing more. make it a lesson well learned.

if you really wanna do something about it, maybe you can write a letter to the board. we will all sign it for you.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Q15H
There is nothing wrong electrically with that relay - that "damage" is purely cosmetic.
well the relay is for something that is very important so i rather have a good one then a damaged one. I have already order one from southcoast mitsu good service
Old Nov 25, 2009, 03:51 PM
R0Y

****... now i read this
u guys have no idea what i went through with this dealership
The Sales manager was the Biggest AXXhole ever I was so pissed I ripped up the contract and all the paperwork that I've signed and the ownership the day i went to pick up my car

I'll try to cut the story short ...

what happened - car was dirty and had 2 scratched side skirts and 1 chip on rear door with surface rust
It's a brand new car!!! and even if it's been in the show room for a while... they shouldn't have let me see that when I'm picking up the car...
Since it's the last WW Evo ...All i asked for is a brand new pair of side skirts and haven't even got to the door... They wasted 4 hrs of my time argueing over the side skirts and said they will only repaint...

I got pissed off when the Sales kept running back and forth to the Sales Manager's office for the 4hrs and i don't even remember how many times I said to ask him to talk to me directly
he refused so finally I got fed up and went to his office and minutes later I just blew up coz the guys was so damn rude and pretty much told me take it or leave it so i ripped up all the papers... he got scared and called the GM and told him a customer was putting threat to the dealership so the GM came storming back in since he had just left the parking lot...

as I was leaving i saw the GM driving in so I walked up to him and said we need to talk
obviously he was pissed coz his stupid Sales manager told him I'm being a threat to his dealership so he was yelling at me but I was Fuming at the time so I ended up yelling at him and telling him how to do his job and told his Sales Manager to STFU...
after all the yelling he finally went over the damages on the car and said he'll call me the next day and will sort things out...

in the end the GM offered to replace the side skirts with brand new ones from factory and I would accept a touch up on the door and made him add on the contract that if the door ever rust they will replace it with a brand new door . . .

more after i took the car the next day... drove off the lot and the damn tire pressure sensor light comes on ... had to go back the next day to get it checked
service manager tells me they forgot to program it... WTF??? i paid so $$$$ for PDI and they didn't do shXX???

more... went back after they got the new side skirts in so arranged to drop off car on saturday
they call me to pick up the car but only replaced one skirt coz the other one was damaged from shipping (they showed me damage) I'm like wtf didn't u check the part b4 calling me in??? waste of my time... had to go back another time so went back last week had the other skirt installed plus did the Air Bag sensor Recall . . .

man i have never dealt with any dealership that's worst then this Mitsu dealer
Old Nov 25, 2009, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

That is BS. I paid $40 and thought it`s already a rip-off. Hope you get it resolved soon, if not just escalate the matter to Mitsu Canada directly.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 04:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LVSBB6
That is BS. I paid $40 and thought it`s already a rip-off. Hope you get it resolved soon, if not just escalate the matter to Mitsu Canada directly.
its unfortunate to see a string of bad luck I hope it gets resolved. If the general manager can not help, then I recommend what LVSBB6 said. take it to Mitsu Canada.

But I am hoping it doesnt have to come to that.

Quick Reply: BUYER BEWARE! -- Markham Mitsubishi