Notices

Humbug! statefarm is going to cancel my policy for my RHD Evo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2009, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Humbug! statefarm is going to cancel my policy for my RHD Evo

hey all,

just found out today via email from my statefarm representative that they will no longer be insuring my RHD evo...

I've had a steller record and on top of that I have other things with them and I'm dumb founded what is going on

oddly enough after finding out via email about what going to happen to my policy i was at the mall and ran into my rep...so I'm thinking great I can clear this up instead of pondering about it all night long.

so my rep tells me the underwriter is the one doing this cancellation, I asked if they had other ppl with rhd cars and he said yes, then I asked him if they were getting cancelled and he said no. Reason he said why they are the "exception" is because they have other normal cars(LHD) insured with them as well. So I ask him hypothetically if I have another car register with them will I also be part of this "exception" he says maybe but no garantee.

Then he begins to tell me there is another possibility why this is all happening as I never had one car consistently insured with them as I cancelled my insurance for my starlet LHD(starlet was insured with them for 2 years and cancelled when I sold it), but not long after I insured the evo which has been insured with them for almost a year now

I have car,home,life and business insurance with them so wth does it really matter if I have another vehicle registered with them??? in addition I've been a good standing client with them for 4 years.... so if this doesn't get sorted i will be taking all my business else where... wth

btw if ya'll have any places (in toronto) I should look into please feel free to let me know

cheers
Ben

Last edited by cbrkp; Dec 1, 2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 05:15 PM

Try ING insurance, or now called INTACT insurance. They are doing me good. Have been since i bought my own car at 18. I was raped by 2 other companys, untill i stumbled across them. Good deals, service, and they give u decent discounts for using their house insurance etc. together

Last edited by JstAnthrLancerG; Dec 6, 2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dont know about canada... but GEICO insured my skyline and it was called "grey market " ...something to that effect.

If anything happened to it, it was my fault... no matter what the case...rule changed since then... call around and ask

Then Geico cancelled my Evo because of some of the mods i had listed as a show car......now I learned just be quiet and get it insurance
Old Dec 5, 2009, 07:54 AM

ING is now called Intact btw.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bootx2
ING is now called Intact btw.
My fail. Not TARGET, its INTACT. Good thing you caught that. I was trying to think of it for a minute and that was all that came up lol.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 07:40 PM

www.smartcoverage.ca

got my car insured $100 less per month than my previous company i have been with since i was 16
Old Dec 10, 2009, 07:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when i asked Statefarm about this, they said the only neg thing that would happen, would be my rating of insurance would be reduced to B class rating. Meaning regardless of how spotless your record is, their would be a small sir charge for right hand drive cars.

but this is puzzling

fight the power
Originally Posted by cbrkp
hey all,

just found out today via email from my statefarm representative that they will no longer be insuring my RHD evo...

I've had a steller record and on top of that I have other things with them and I'm dumb founded what is going on

oddly enough after finding out via email about what going to happen to my policy i was at the mall and ran into my rep...so I'm thinking great I can clear this up instead of pondering about it all night long.

so my rep tells me the underwriter is the one doing this cancellation, I asked if they had other ppl with rhd cars and he said yes, then I asked him if they were getting cancelled and he said no. Reason he said why they are the "exception" is because they have other normal cars(LHD) insured with them as well. So I ask him hypothetically if I have another car register with them will I also be part of this "exception" he says maybe but no garantee.

Then he begins to tell me there is another possibility why this is all happening as I never had one car consistently insured with them as I cancelled my insurance for my starlet LHD(starlet was insured with them for 2 years and cancelled when I sold it), but not long after I insured the evo which has been insured with them for almost a year now

I have car,home,life and business insurance with them so wth does it really matter if I have another vehicle registered with them??? in addition I've been a good standing client with them for 4 years.... so if this doesn't get sorted i will be taking all my business else where... wth

btw if ya'll have any places (in toronto) I should look into please feel free to let me know

cheers
Ben