Notices

Quebec/Montreal Mistubishi EVO/Lancer/DSM meets anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2011, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Quebec/Montreal Mistubishi EVO/Lancer/DSM meets anyone?

Hey guys,

After chatting with deeman and gbailey previously, I think all the EVO/Lancer/DSM guys should get together for some meets, since the weather is nice out now. I know there is a big JDM meet in Laval on Mondays, and on Thursdays they do a compact/tuner meet at the Orange Julep so maybe we can join one of those or just make our own.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? I see a lot of Subaru, BMW, VW, Honda etc. meets, but I think Mitsubishi needs to represent here.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i vote for a weekend thing in the end of July!

im in NB so i would have to come up for a day or two and those two weekends i have off lol. would be neat to meet some other Evo Folks!.. im the only one down my way
Old Jun 8, 2011, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

Il be around let me know whenever !
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GBAILEY472
Il be around let me know whenever !
Will do, lets try and get something planned for next week, I'll keep in touch!
Old Jun 18, 2011, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Oh totally didn't see this. lol. This coming week is gonna be busy as hell and next week I'm in NJ. But after that I think I'm free for a bit...before I go to Toronto. lol! Crazy schedules.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:47 PM

I'm down for next sunday, i can link this thread on the quebec board too.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

I think I'll be busy next Sunday, but I might check out that JDM meet on Monday if anyone else is going?

Or maybe we should just organize an Evo meet one on a day we can all agree with haha.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:52 AM

I had actually started a thread on the quebec forum with a poll for which day people wanted to drive up to Mauricie national park ( with amazing, non-quebec-like roads) and everybody choked on showing up. Truth be told I actually cancelled it the day before it was to happen since nobody was showing any sign of confirmation and I wasn't about to drive an hour and a half to make myself a steak on my wing.

I'm not so much a fan of the jdm meets, as I have a few friends now who've gotten their cars broken into the following day or same night they showed up. Too many lurkers and "scouters" are present at those meets, so I stay away from anything that isnt evo-specific.

I'm down to setup another quebec/montreal meet for whenever. As long as we have BBQ access and some nice roads I'm all for it.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fasterbater
I had actually started a thread on the quebec forum with a poll for which day people wanted to drive up to Mauricie national park ( with amazing, non-quebec-like roads) and everybody choked on showing up. Truth be told I actually cancelled it the day before it was to happen since nobody was showing any sign of confirmation and I wasn't about to drive an hour and a half to make myself a steak on my wing.

I'm not so much a fan of the jdm meets, as I have a few friends now who've gotten their cars broken into the following day or same night they showed up. Too many lurkers and "scouters" are present at those meets, so I stay away from anything that isnt evo-specific.

I'm down to setup another quebec/montreal meet for whenever. As long as we have BBQ access and some nice roads I'm all for it.
I haven't been to one of the JDM meets here yet, because I was wondering the same thing. I guess I'll be cautious or steer free from those, thanks for the heads up.

I would prefer something evo-specific as well, perhaps we can organize something fairly close to everyone on a later date that everyone is good with. Not sure about best spots for a bbq around Montreal/Quebec, but I'm game if we can get something organized.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

The sooner we set up this meet. the quicker you get your parts....LOL !!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 08:53 AM

Gatineau park is awesome, proper Ontarian roads, and we can BBQ, and GB doesn't have to drive 3 hours to come see us. We just have to drive 2 hours to go see him and his fancy roads :P
Old Jun 29, 2011, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Back in town! Till saturday at least. Can we meet thurs or friday? Reboundicon I also need that oil temp sensor, oil change coming up soon.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 05:46 AM

*****, I'm busy all weekend, but I might be able to make some time tomorrow late evening.

Dee, missed your call yesterday, but I did get your email, I want me some of that oil. Can't find anyone local with X-cess 5w30.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:28 AM
Evolved Member

I'll probably be available sometime in August as I am getting a fair bit of work done to the car at the moment. Maybe we should set something up in advance as I know Dee mentioned he is coming back then as well.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Bump for a meet this weekend? I know fasterbater and I are free.

Quick Reply: Quebec/Montreal Mistubishi EVO/Lancer/DSM meets anyone?