Notices

Calgary RA owners?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2004, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calgary RA owners?

Just wondering if any are on this board.

How has your experince been with your car? Problesm, likes, dislikes ect

Ever take it to Secret Street at Race City? I would like to see one run
Old Aug 22, 2004, 12:59 PM

Thumbs up Black RA

I got a basic black RA one month ago. I only drive it on the weekends - I use my old accord to comute to work. The wife will be using it to compute to the C-train.

I have never took it out to Race City, or ever been there myself, lol. Have you?

I would love to mod this car, but I will wait until I paid more of it off and the accord dies so that we get another car for my wife. Then it will be all mine,

What's your car like?

I have just passed 1 Kms, no problems yet- keep fingers crossed. The wheel that adjusts the driver's seat height came off once when I was turning it. I put it back on. I also think that Mitsu uses crappy paint, already have one rock chip. Otherwise, I really like our new ride.

Last edited by 403RA; Aug 22, 2004 at 01:03 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 04:15 PM

Well I don't have one yet but I am considering it for my next car. Love the looks and it drove pretty well on the test drive.

I go out to Race City a few times a month on friday night. Its run what ya brung type of deal. You get to race and don't get any tickets, good deal. You see alot of people that can't drive too!

You should come out and try it out. Maybe you could race a Mazda 3 or something.

I have raced there since 92 in variouis cars I have owned but don't have anything at the moment.

In the last several years the imports have been showing up in greater numbers. Some are pretty fast too.

Is your car an automatic? When I intially went all they had were 04 autos. When I went last week the 05's were in so I got try a 5 speed. Way more fun

Just trying to talk to some RA owners about there experince so far with a Mitsubishi.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 11:54 AM

I have a manual tranny. The wife is still learning, on the accord, she's a little paranoid about taking the new car.

Which dealership did you do you test-drive? I got mine at Hyatt; I know the Auto-Mall is supposed to be expensive, but I got the one of the last if not the last manual 04's in western Canada.

I wanted the 04 cause I got $2k in manufacture's incentives, plus $500 new grad rebate, and $400 of the MSRP. I could have waited a few weeks and got an 05 with the sun-sound option, (sweeter) but it also adds another $1.2k.

Do you know what kind of incentives there are on the 05 now, if any?

It's funny when I was looking at Platmun, they told me there where no 5speeds left anywhere. I went to Hyatt, spoke with the new car sales manager, he told me about the 5 speed they have, (mine now) and he said there was a red (with sun and sound, no side airbags) one on the west coast that he could try to get for me. The next day we tried but it was no longer on their inventory system. I went with the black one.

BTW, I play soccer with a guy how has a red 04 RA. He's had it since Feb. I did speak to him before I got mine. He only complained about his cracked windshield. Otherwise he loves it too. Funny when one of sales women at Hyatt drove me from the lot I saw that her windshield was all cracked too. She had and OZ.

One of the best things I like about the RA is that it comes Tuned up. It really handles well, has some power, nice rims and breaks. I like the styling too.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lots of Calgary RA drivers hang out on http://lancernation.net
Old Aug 23, 2004, 05:03 PM

Well the only number I remember was 2.9% lease for 48 months. I was thinking about leasing so thats all that stuck.

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. I went to Platnium for both test drives. It would have been the end of July and they said there were no 5 speeds left.

I saw a thunder gray one today and they are damn nice looking cars. Wish they had it in blue...... I'd probably go with white, silver or maybe yellow.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

yeah dudes, i'm in Calgary and i'm a mod on www.lancernation.net as well. check it out. we're having a cruise to Banff tomorrow. meet at COP at 11am in the parking lot, then cruising out to banff for the day. c'mon out, lancer or not, it's all just for fun man. check out the posts about it here:http://lancernation.net/viewtopic.php?p=8001#8001
Old Dec 16, 2004, 04:29 PM

Saw two blk RAs today

I saw one parked in an alley downtown off of 7 ave. This one had winter rubber on it. I saw a second one when I was driving home from the CTrain. It was headin west on John Laurier Blvd, like me.

With mine that was three all together. I thought I had the only black RA without S&S. I saw a black RA with S&S last summer. Oh I also saw an OZ parked by the University CTrain station.

I think the word is getting out, lol.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

yeah man, starting to see more of them too. it's good stuff, that means more peeps at meets next summer and more support from the aftermarket world!!