Notices
Capitol Mistubishi - San Jose, CA [Visit Site]

Capitol & Stevens Creek Mitsubishi is the WORST

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2009, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jobbins
Drove by yesterday, looking for the new 2010 X.
The whole place is shut down, with a sign saying they have moved to Capitol.

No wonder they're shutting down, losing business because of **** like this. I hope the ownership of Capitol Mitsubishi loses it as well so we can get a legitimate Mits. around here
Old Oct 2, 2009, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by theta chi
No wonder they're shutting down, losing business because of **** like this. I hope the ownership of Capitol Mitsubishi loses it as well so we can get a legitimate Mits. around here
Seriously!

I just filed a complaint with the BBB about the conduct of the business. I also found out while filing the complaint that there in terrible standings with them as a buisness...

C-

Ill report back with what the BBB has to say about the situation. I am looking at pursuing legal action against them, because the account they haven't paid off has collected compound interest due to it being late...
Old Oct 3, 2009, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by theta chi
I'm not surprised; I went to Stevens Creek while shopping around for an 08 X MR (this was around June/July 2009). They said they'd be able to match any other dealer's price, and that they had some in stock. Well, I went in there, and it turned out they didn't have any MRs in stock, and they denied that they would price match anything. Then they just started beating around the bush, saying how Evos were in high demand, and how people were paying $4k over MSRP for them, etc. etc. etc. Totally absurd.

I ended up buying from Serramonte. Everyone there was pretty straightforward to work with, and the manager, James, was quite legit. If there's ever a problem, you just ask for him, and he'll fix it. It's too bad that they're being turned into a used car only dealership, and I think half their service department got laid off too or something (they were also a Chrysler/Jeep dealership too, and I think that's what killed them).

Oh well.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 01:11 AM

ya they have the $hittiest service and management. Bought 5 cars there and the last one was the last straw. I'm going to make the 600 mile trip to see Sam from now on.

Last edited by markguutz; Oct 20, 2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I THINK MITSUBISHI needs a seperate service FOR EVO SALES/SERVICE , seriously!, how cool would that be........ service is poor, same with sales.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

as i recall back when i lived in sj i don't remember a good dealership in the stevens creek area except the audi dealership was really easy to work with and the bmw dealership was pretty good. My friend and i drove down there for bimmerfest in our m3's and he had a weird noise they put it up on a rack and fixed it for free. The service was checking out our cars.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:12 PM

capitol has never really been bad for me but stevens creek was ****ing horrible. blamed everything on my exhaust. I told them the ECU was flashed so don't flash it back tos tock. what do you know. flashed back to stock.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 04:27 PM

^ they must of had sh*t for brains for doing that!
Old Nov 24, 2009, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gcbandit20
capitol has never really been bad for me but stevens creek was ****ing horrible. blamed everything on my exhaust. I told them the ECU was flashed so don't flash it back tos tock. what do you know. flashed back to stock.
If you flashed the ECU with a custom tune, that means you voided your warranty by letting a Mitsu dealer know about it. Any changes to the powertrain/drivetrain MEANS Mitsubishi has the right to VOID the warranty. You can't force them to do any warranty work once you made modifications to your car.

But that doesn't mean they should also flash it back to stock without your permission... you own your car anyway. All they can do is refuse any warranty work to it.

Last edited by tipoytm; Nov 24, 2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2009, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Im baffled by the battery thing in the beginning of this whole story. why wouldn't they just fix/replace the battery via warranty in the beginning. Honestly, you never leave the lot if you are not completely satisfied. If they sell it to you new with no existing problems, then they are obligated to fix it. If they don't you cal Mitsubishi Corporate USA and have them deal with it. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. hope it all works out for you.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 01:14 AM

I also had a horrible experience there. I forget which, because I purchased my car 4 years ago, but it was either Stevens Creek or Capitol Mitsubishi. Not like it matters as they are under the same ownership.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 05:30 PM

I bought my '08 Evo X MR from Huntington Beach Mitsu (same ownership as South Coast Mitsu), so far I've had great service. Seems like the service manager enjoys his job and he is very helpful.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 07:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 911_Evo
I have actually had quite a good experience at Concord Mitsu. They squeezed me in for a major service the next day, and at a fraction of what other dealerships were charging. I highly recommend them. They EARNED my business. -stuie

nothing but good things to say about Concord Mitsubishi too. I've been dealing with them for 2 year, all services there & i've bought 2 cars from them. Rick in service is friendly & very helpful