Notices
Capitol Mistubishi - San Jose, CA [Visit Site]

Capitol & Stevens Creek Mitsubishi is the WORST

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Capitol & Stevens Creek Mitsubishi is the WORST

Okay so short story ... I bought my Evo X from Sam @ Southcoast Mitsubishi and when I picked up the car, it had a problem starting because it was a showroom floor vehicle and they had to jump start it and drive it out. Once out of the show room floor, they turned it off and when i was ready to leave, the car would not start again. They then decided to leave it running for about 5 mins and then turn it off and it started back up. Because I was on a rush to get back to Norcal I decided to drive it back and then it should charged on the way back or charge it at my store when I get back.

Fast forward one week ... the car dies and does not want to start like nothing works radio etc just silent so I knew the battery was bad. So I jumped it brought it to work (Winchester Auto Parts) and charged it. After the charge it was good (758 CCA & 12.41Volts).

Fast forward another week ... car flat out dies again so I tested the battery and the results were it was a bad battery (112 CCA & 11.64Volts). I then jump the vehicle to drive it down to Stevens Creeek Mitsubishi the next day for them to test it. The next day I arrive at Stevens Creek Mitsubishi at 9:00AM and asked the service manager for a test on the battery and he turns me down saying that I would have to make an appointment while 3 of his techs are in the shop eating donuts and drinking coffee. (I knew because I had been talking to them before I talked to the service manager) Being very frustrated I decided to call up Capitol Mitsubishi and Kevin the service manager there told me that I can drop by since the battery load test would take about 5 minutes. So I drive over there and my battery tested out bad and they said they would order a battery for me and for me to come back a week later.

A week later ... I come to the dealership and the tech then takes out my battery and they then found out they ordered the wrong battery. Then the service manager told me that they will have my battery in a week which should have been Jan 26 (yesterday) and I called all day yesterday and it never came in and Kevin had ensured me that the battery would be in by the end of the day and I can drop by Tuesday, Jan 27 (today). So being careful I called him this morning and the battery is not there and he told me that they had to order a battery from a place and that place didn't have the battery so they have to wait until their distributor gets the battery and then ship it out. They have no ETA of when my battery will be in.

Sorry for the long post but I'm very frustrated with this situation and I think the way they conduct business is horrible but too bad they are the only two Mitsubishi dealer around here. I also think its ridiculous how they have no idea when my battery will be in because I working in an auto parts store so I know the business and we always ask our distributors and warehouses on the ETA of when parts come in. Is there anything that anyone know I can do in this scenario?

again ... PLEASE TRY TO AVOID CAPITOL AND STEVENS CREEK MITSUBISHI AT ALL COST!!
Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Typical unfortunately. I'd just buy an Interstate and be done with it. Try to get them to pay for it and if they don't screw it I wouldn't wan't those putz's wrenching on my car anyway even if it is just a battery
Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Typical unfortunately. I'd just buy an Interstate and be done with it. Try to get them to pay for it and if they don't screw it I wouldn't wan't those putz's wrenching on my car anyway even if it is just a battery
Good advice.

BTW: Sorry to hear.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Good time to pick up AMS small battery kit!
Old Jan 28, 2009, 09:48 PM

pretty shady. sorry to hear bro. glad i didn't deal with them.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by owk08
pretty shady. sorry to hear bro. glad i didn't deal with them.
wouldn't say they're shady, just a bit incompetent
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by wongck
wouldn't say they're shady, just a bit incompetent
i wouldn't say they're incompetent either (well maybe), but incompetence to me is one's inability to act or perform the task. steven creek mitsubishi was obviously able to check his battery for him in less time than it takes him to make an appointment. also, if capitol mitsubishi shouldn't tell him they were going to have his battery if they are not able to get it and leave him hanging without an eta.

anyway, back to the subject, gsrboi80 made a fair point. get a new battery so you won't have to deal with them again. the frustration is not worth the price of a battery.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

id be more pissed @ south coast for selling me a new car w/ a dead battery. id try to contact them to have them replace it.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 02:12 PM
Former Sponsor

we had no problem replacing the battery. Issue was where the customer lived. We are in South Orange County and he lives near these dealers. Trust me, buy your car any where and if you need service, whether warranty or just plain maintanece we will not turn you away.

DEALS

SMASH
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:51 AM

I bought my evoix from there....... The service manager did me a favor once he skiped charging me diagnostics on my blown clutch..cuz he already knew alot of evos fricken clutch burnout...anyway saved me 110dollas..thank u kev.......
Old Mar 7, 2009, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Stevens Creek Mitsu are definitly a bunch of douch bags.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 12:46 AM
Evolving Member

Stevens creek mitsu, subaru, and capitol mitsu are all owned by the same owner. I really don't know how they stay in business, because they charge top dollar, and after you take your car off the lot they are unwilling to assist in any problems. Travel the extra hour or two for a better dealer next time.

Sorry to hear.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 01:40 AM

**** i hate all dealerships bunch of idiots
Old Apr 8, 2009, 04:46 PM
Former Sponsor

+1 we at anaheim mitsu will be more then happy to help you in any way
Old Apr 8, 2009, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Good customer service is a must-