Notices

Cobb AP plus ETS intake?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2011, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cobb AP plus ETS intake?

I posted this ? in the Cobb AP ? as well i just really need an answer cause i am picking up an ap tom. and have an ets tbe and intake ordered. Cobb doesnt make a map for the ETS intake so my question is will i have issues with running the stage 2 map for the stock intake or should i run a stage 2 map with one of the other exhaust's i.e. AMS intake? Michael at ETS said they ran all there basic bolt ons with no tune and didnt have any issues. Has any one tried anything like this or is any running an ETS intake with a Cobb stage 2 map?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try a stock (maf) map and drive around for an hour or so and see where your fuel trims are at LTFT (long term fuel trims )

if they are +/- 3% leave it alone
if they are + 7% or more use the AMS map
if they are - anything please Cobb Know and they can help you from there
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BakaUnchi
Try a stock (maf) map and drive around for an hour or so and see where your fuel trims are at LTFT (long term fuel trims )

gotcha so anything that is negative i will have a problem.....sorry i am new to this ap and tuning world so what exactly would my problems be/possible long term problems....also can u explain what the % exactly mean? I just want to have a better understanding of what this all means....ive read most of the cobb ap sticky that is above and somewhat understand the problems people are getting with knocking and timing but if u could either send me a link or breifly describe it i would greatly appreciate that!!!! thanks for ur time in advance!!!
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:20 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It the trims were negative it would mean the car was running richer than expected. The car might break up a bit, but too rich is typically "safer" than too lean.

IMHO, I would monitor knock pretty closely for a few days if you are going to do this. Intakes can put a large swing on the MAF reading which will change your fueling significantly. Some of this is desirable... most intakes make their power by leaning out the super rich factory tune.

Even better, get a wideband and check your actual AFR.

For more on fuel trims please search and/or check the how to tune an evo thread and merlin's guide.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

I Just installed the ap today and am running the stage 1 and ill get back to this thread when i install the exhaust and intake and let you no my numbers....thanks for helping and most likely will need it again once this is all done with....
Old Mar 17, 2011, 04:27 PM

Do you feel any difference in the performance of the car?
Old Mar 17, 2011, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by beantown
Do you feel any difference in the performance of the car?
most definatley!!! the turbo spools much quicker as well as it pulls much better in the higher rpms.....the car it selfs just fells smoother and when i am sitting there at an idel is seems alot quiter too....very happy with it overall!!!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 08:56 AM

I have the ETS U/L Piping, Intercooler, Intake, and HFC and I was using the SF Stage 2 map. It worked fine for me in the interm between my installs and custom tune. I don't know if I would recommend the AMS map for an ETS intake though because AMS uses a very unique design for their intake. The ETS and SF intake both use the stock maf housing, but incorporate similar velocity stacks. That was my reasoning for using the SF map anyway.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GorillaGoggles
I have the ETS U/L Piping, Intercooler, Intake, and HFC and I was using the SF Stage 2 map. It worked fine for me in the interm between my installs and custom tune. I don't know if I would recommend the AMS map for an ETS intake though because AMS uses a very unique design for their intake. The ETS and SF intake both use the stock maf housing, but incorporate similar velocity stacks. That was my reasoning for using the SF map anyway.
the SF is very much like the ETS
AMS maps add 7% FUEL of he was too lean that would help adjust for it

Logging and a Wideband would however be best
Old Mar 18, 2011, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

the SF is very much like the ETS
AMS maps add 7% FUEL of he was too lean that would help adjust for it

Logging and a Wideband would however be best
Awesome!!! just ordered a aem wideband so ill being putting that on when i put the exhaust on. Thanks for the help guys.

Just to double check your using the Cobb SF Stage 2 map correct?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 03:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Glad everything is coming together, let us know which map you choose.

Thanks!

Michael
Old Mar 18, 2011, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Glad everything is coming together, let us know which map you choose.

Thanks!

Michael
Im just glad I gave you guys a call at ETS. Nothing but quality service!!!! Thanks again for all your help Michael can't wait till I receive my massive boxes haha. I called ETS today and talked with someone about switching my test pipe with one that has a wideband o2 bung (figured it would be smart to have one just so ik the afr is good after installing ur intake). If you could just double check that he made the switch I'd appreciate that. I hate having to return things, but im sure he switched it and were all good.

Thanks again can't wait to be ETS powered!!!!
Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:31 AM

I just ordered pretty nearly the same setup as you in terms of ETS parts: intake, UICP, (already have the IC core), DP, HFC, and quiet exhaust. I also have an AP and am currently running the stage 1 OTS map on a stock car. Looking forward to getting all the parts on the car. Once I install the parts I'm thinking of using one of the stage 2 OTS map until I can get a custom tune done. I assume you got your exhaust put on and was wondering what you ended up doing with the tune with the ETS intake and full TBE. Did the stage 2 OTS map work as hoped? What map are you running now? Thanks for your feedback.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:43 AM

I Just installed the ap today and am running the stage 1 and ill get back to this thread when i install the exhaust and intake and let you no my numbers....thanks for helping and most likely will need it again once this is all done with....
Old Dec 20, 2011, 03:21 AM

So, Use Stock Map or SP map for stage 1??
Still confused....

Quick Reply: Cobb AP plus ETS intake?