Notices

Re-installing AP after dealer reflash for recalls

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re-installing AP after dealer reflash for recalls

So my car recently had to get the ACD pump (hydraulic unit) replaced by the dealer and while they had the car, they also performed all of the recalls that were listed. One of the recalls was a reflash which from what I read on the forum it is related to the ACD pump (I guess it ensures that it is warm before it is activated, in order to prevent it running cold and causing damage to it). The car had been pro tuned a years or so ago, so I uninstalled the AP prior to getting it serviced but now I'm worried if I put back the tune it had, the settings the dealer changed for the pump will be erased and in the long run the pump will fail again (which cost $1500, just the pump).
Can someone chyme in whether it would be safe to re-install the AP with the pro tune it had. I really don't want to pay for a tune for the same mods just for them to look at everything and find what changes were made. Any info will be greatly appreciated!
Old Nov 18, 2011, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

No, installing your AP will not change the parts of your ECU that control the ACD unit.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WhiteCtEvo
So my car recently had to get the ACD pump (hydraulic unit) replaced by the dealer and while they had the car, they also performed all of the recalls that were listed. One of the recalls was a reflash which from what I read on the forum it is related to the ACD pump (I guess it ensures that it is warm before it is activated, in order to prevent it running cold and causing damage to it). The car had been pro tuned a years or so ago, so I uninstalled the AP prior to getting it serviced but now I'm worried if I put back the tune it had, the settings the dealer changed for the pump will be erased and in the long run the pump will fail again (which cost $1500, just the pump).
Can someone chyme in whether it would be safe to re-install the AP with the pro tune it had. I really don't want to pay for a tune for the same mods just for them to look at everything and find what changes were made. Any info will be greatly appreciated!
I had the ACD pump issue as well and I doubt any reflesh could extend its life! The unit so manufactured in a "chinese way" - loose sealing causing rust in the pump motor and on the pump selenoids due to salt and clay from roads getting inside the unit. Not a software problesm seems to me....
Old Nov 19, 2011, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
You can safely flash your protune back on.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 08:41 AM

Thanks fellas!