Notices

Should i trust the AccessPort?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should i trust the AccessPort?

I'm writing this thread because i'm a little confuse with the maps. I have a 2008 X MR and the car starts with no problem with the antitheft mode; i have TBE with the AMS intake and i also installed the stage 2+ AMS map to my car. My question is what guarantee do i have that the car is really having the changes on the ECU from this map and getting the power that i'm supposed to get; if there is no changes at all with antitheft map? What if i'm getting the same stock power with the stage 2+ AMS map?
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

If you are really that concerned flash back to stock, go get dynoed, then load up your maps to make sure your making power. I really doubt COBB would sell a product that does nothing. But I get what your saying you want to see the gains on paper as anyone else would.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Drifting Away
If you are really that concerned flash back to stock, go get dynoed, then load up your maps to make sure your making power. I really doubt COBB would sell a product that does nothing. But I get what your saying you want to see the gains on paper as anyone else would.
Exactly, i guess my best choice is find a dyno near me and take the car there. Is not that i don't trust COBB at all, but you know what i mean; if you run a map that's supposed to do a job and is not doing it; maybe the other map is also not doing its job.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your making power. Had a similar setup on my 08gsr. Used the off shelf Cobb stage two with AMS and the firs thing I was happy for was not getting the stupid P0171 code caused by the intake. It felt a lot stronger mid power. It's a good mod.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

you not getting stock power i'm sure. the map is on the safe side. stage 2 is somewhere 280- 290whp. Means even your on antitheft mode you can start your car, i think you just need to update your firmware, even mine did the same but im not bothered with it. call cobb.