Notices

AccessTunerRace question - changing stationary rev limit in a MR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AccessTunerRace question - changing stationary rev limit in a MR

I tried changing the stationary rev limit in the Stage 2 SF 93 octane map for my '11 MR and I had no luck. From default, the limit is 5500 rpm, but after having launch issues, I tried changing it to something lower like 3000 rpm. I saved the map and ran it on my ECU but the engine still revs to 5500 when standing still in S-Sport mode. Am I doing something wrong? Where do you change the values for RPM for launch control? Or is that something I can't change altogether?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BeyondLimitsEvo
I tried changing the stationary rev limit in the Stage 2 SF 93 octane map for my '11 MR and I had no luck. From default, the limit is 5500 rpm, but after having launch issues, I tried changing it to something lower like 3000 rpm. I saved the map and ran it on my ECU but the engine still revs to 5500 when standing still in S-Sport mode. Am I doing something wrong? Where do you change the values for RPM for launch control? Or is that something I can't change altogether?
Great question! Would you mind listing the firmware version on your AccessPORT and the ATR version from the Help->About menu? Older versions of ATR may not have correctly identified the true launch limiter but should be accurate in the latest versions.

AFAIK, the LC settings in the MR should function identically to how the GSR works. Have you tried doing a park or neutral free rev to see if the stationary limiter is engaging? I believe there are some special steps needed to put the car into "Launch" mode, but do not recall the specifics. What steps are you taking to attempt a launch?

Thank You,
-Braden @ COBB