Notices

COBB v402 OTS Maps for 2011-2014 Evo X GSR and MR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2013, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
The link has been updated with V402a maps for customers that were experiencing knock during initial take-off.

-Eric
Can you comment on what was changed and/or if you think this was a high knock-correction value and low-rpm/low load scenario like you've seen in the past? Ie, did you simply change some knock sensitivity threshold or did you change some other part of the map thinking that people were seeing genuine knock at the low RPM/loads? Just curious.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 06:16 PM

uploaded the v402a for my 2014 GSR and drove around...driving I had no problem but as soon as I parked the car, it began to idle really ruff and shake...uninstalled and back to the stage 1 93 401 maps that came with my AP3 ....also would like to know if you will be making a 93 SF intake stage 1 map? the subbies get a stage map for everything right away why don't the evos? we are paying 500 dollars for these flashers
Old Oct 9, 2013, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvOXKanG
uploaded the v402a for my 2014 GSR and drove around...driving I had no problem but as soon as I parked the car, it began to idle really ruff and shake...uninstalled and back to the stage 1 93 401 maps that came with my AP3 ....also would like to know if you will be making a 93 SF intake stage 1 map? the subbies get a stage map for everything right away why don't the evos? we are paying 500 dollars for these flashers
Exactly the same symptoms when i am standing in traffic
Edit: stg1 v402 93 beta

Last edited by raidokoiv; Oct 10, 2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 11:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same here on my 2013 MR, didn't notice it in sports mode though. Will email through some logs.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 09:32 AM
T6
Evolving Member

So... I was going to flash Stage 3 402a on my 2014 gsr (have stage 3 401) but after updating the AP and loading up the new maps to the AP this is what I get:

I will be getting protuned by Calvin on the 15th so it doesnt really matter anyways but if people out there are going to stick with OTS maps. There should be a solution for this.

Also, I have having a great deal of boost issues with the Stage 3 401 on 91 AND 93. It is either the tune or the cobb BSC which will be addressed on the 15th as well.

Last edited by Kracka; Oct 10, 2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

^ Did you buy this AP used? or did you have this on a previous evo x?

Cause i don't think who ever you bought it from un-married it from their car...

***Another note about the v402a - like a couple guys above said about the issue with idling. Mine isn't as bad as that; but it does hesitate just a tad on idle. For some reason, it doesn't feel as good as v402.
Good thing is, I have virtually 0 knock with v402a.

I'm not hitting boost target either.. I sent mitsubishi.experts@cobbtuning.com an email with my log.

Last edited by Slyy; Oct 10, 2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
T6 purchased his AP brand new and got it direct from Cobb, I personally set it up and flashed it on his car.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Just tried the V402A Map today it DEFINITELY fixed all the crazy low load KNOCK issue people were experiencing before. Now we can finally accurately using the AP for monitoring boost and knock, it should have been like this from day one.
Only problem I experienced was I had to adjust my maf scaling on my SF intake because LTFT Cruise was +9 percent after 30 min cruise other than that I think the map is getting better and better every revision.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 06:09 PM
T6
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Slyy
^ Did you buy this AP used? or did you have this on a previous evo x?

Cause i don't think who ever you bought it from un-married it from their car...
Originally Posted by Kracka
T6 purchased his AP brand new and got it direct from Cobb, I personally set it up and flashed it on his car.
As Kracka said it... Got it brand new and we used it the day I got the car with Kracka.

Protune > OTS. I'll let Calvin work his magic and making the GSR solid once again...
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:48 AM

Just FYI Cobb sent me an updated map after I sent some logs and I no longer have the idle problem. So hang in there
Old Oct 12, 2013, 04:37 PM

I loaded the stage 3 402a on my 2012 GSR and i started popping the SES, ASC AND AWD system service required i reset the ecu several times and no change so i loaded the stage 3 401 map back on and everything cleared out. Anyone else have this problem with the 402a map?
Old Oct 13, 2013, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by ryan2049
I loaded the stage 3 402a on my 2012 GSR and i started popping the SES, ASC AND AWD system service required i reset the ecu several times and no change so i loaded the stage 3 401 map back on and everything cleared out. Anyone else have this problem with the 402a map?
stage 3 v4.02a is running good on my 2014 gsr I did have the asc message right after flashing, but cycling the ignition, it went away and has not come back.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 01:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by adamsheehy
Can you comment on what was changed and/or if you think this was a high knock-correction value and low-rpm/low load scenario like you've seen in the past? Ie, did you simply change some knock sensitivity threshold or did you change some other part of the map thinking that people were seeing genuine knock at the low RPM/loads? Just curious.
The knock that people were experiencing from all the testing we have conducted was essentially noise or false knock. We adjusted the knock sensitivity at those light load low RPM situations. We did not adjust it enough to where it will not longer pick up real knock, but enough not pickup light noise.

Originally Posted by EvOXKanG
There have been a few people mentioning idle issues but we did not change anything from the V402 to V402a that should effect the idle. If you would like to contact us directly, we will help troubleshoot the issue. The reason we did not previously release Stage 1/2 SF maps was that these cars don't really make power with an aftermarket intake until you have already done the exhaust work. We are looking into offering the maps anyway as we know a lot of people do that as a 1st modification. Stay tuned for more updates on that.

Originally Posted by T6
So... I was going to flash Stage 3 402a on my 2014 gsr (have stage 3 401) but after updating the AP and loading up the new maps to the AP this is what I get:

I will be getting protuned by Calvin on the 15th so it doesnt really matter anyways but if people out there are going to stick with OTS maps. There should be a solution for this.

Also, I have having a great deal of boost issues with the Stage 3 401 on 91 AND 93. It is either the tune or the cobb BSC which will be addressed on the 15th as well.
That is not an issue caused by the map. If the guys in Plano have already gotten you taken care of great, but if not, please call us directly so that we can figure it out.

Originally Posted by ryan2049
It sounds like the ECU did not reset completely for some reason. I would give it another try and make sure you let the ECU reset for the full 10-15 seconds after a flash prior to keying back on. This is not something anyone else has mentioned so it may have been an anomaly.

-Eric
Old Oct 18, 2013, 02:03 PM

Oh sweet, found this thread. I have been in contact with Eric via email for a while but my car's hardware issues were giving me problems in addition to the maps. After sourcing and replacing the boost solenoid hoses to the real deal factory ones I did notice some overboost as well as the idle issues some people here are saying (401) and the stalling or slow to react SST (401) as well as some overboost (25.9psi on stage 1) however I'll be trying out the LWG 402a today and report back after some miles and logging.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 11:32 AM

So am I correct when I say there are no maps that support just a sf intake with not other aftermarket parts? is there any other way to run the cobb sf intake safely without having to upgrade the exhaust and other parts?

Thanks for clarifying

Quick Reply: COBB v402 OTS Maps for 2011-2014 Evo X GSR and MR